The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
thaNNers

Mimosa Pudica

Hi,

I'm after some Mimosa Pudica seeds or cuttings. I know seeds are for sale here but minimum order is $20 (packet of 20 seeds = $4).

Can anyone help me out? Unfortunately I don't really have anything for trade frown.gif Also I'm from Melbourne

isn't this aka sensitive plant? if that be the case then give gem or sass a hassle about it. i've seen it run wild in the areas north of cairns.

Yep, this is the sensitive plant smile.gif I think this is a nice ornamental plant to have. I remember when I was a little kid that I use to play around with this plant.

It has been declared a weed in WA though.

Hey there..... I have a number of extra pudica seeds still in the pods if your interested in a trade or something..... but im in the US if it mattters.....

let me know

-peace

DazedSol: Thanks for the offer mate! I'm actually looking for a source more closer to home (no offense) for time and cost reason etc. I'll let this thread go for a while and check some offline sources, otherwise I guess I'll be getting back to you. Cheers!

Guest reville

Peyote is a weed in WA

that gives some idea of the scientific objectivity of the assessments.

If you live in the southern states im pretty sure you can grow M pudica with environmental impunity.

I would recommend againts it in NT. Qld and NW WA where it could easily go weedy.

i got some seeds if u want but i'm in israel, and where it's kinda tropical weather be careful... ive been to costa rica in the summer..... i dunno if it's native there but it grows allll over the carrbiean coast..... and i mean allll over

"Peyote is a weed in WA"

Well, I'm sure there are LOTS of people willing to do a little 'ecological repair' to rid WA of that infestation!

Guest Monkey Shines
Originally posted by Auxin:

Well, I'm sure there are LOTS of people willing to do a little 'ecological repair' to rid WA of that infestation!

biggrin.gif Thats what I thought but Torsten explained in an earlier post that it is classified as a weed because of the danger to cattle.

Guest reville

shit if had a field infested with peyote id stock trippers not darn beasts!

thanners,email me an address and i'll send you some mimosa spegazzi[or similar name] seeds,these seem to be a more robust form of sensitive plant.

t s t .