The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
husk

Not 'stones' fruit!

Hello all! :lol:

Just a question;

does anyone know anything about the activity/potency/chemical constituents of the fruit bodies of psilocybe tampanensis??

I have known and can find plenty about the sclerotia of this mushroom but nothing about the actual fruit unlike the well documented ps. mexicana.

Any info/sites anyone knows of that would aid me in my interests is greatly appreciated.

Peace ppls B)

x husk

I was under the impression that tampenensis didnt produce regular 'fruits' in the same way as other typical fungi - the stones were in fact the fruits that had mutated (I'm sure there is a better word), but still contain viable spores (a reason why tampenensis prints are very hard to come by). I could be very wrong, so dont quote me on that :blush:

They deffinitely produce fruit, small petite fibrous fruit bodies, I have no idea about potency although I would suspect it to be very similiar to mexicana.

yes they fruit i believe

http://www.shamanic-extracts.com/xcart/sha...ampanensis.html

psilocybe_tampanensis1_thumb_20040908232743.jpg

so what exactly is the sclerotia?

A sclerotium (plural: sclerotia) is a hardened mass of mycelium which is more resistant to adverse environmental conditions than normal mycelium.

Sclerotia form from the mycelium of certain mushroom species as a defense mechanism against dryness, cold, heat, or excessive moisture. Sclerotia contain approximately 30% dry matter. The potency of dry sclerotia is around 2/3 that of dry Psilocybe cubensis fruitbodies.

i see

three schooners for lunch makes for superhappyfuntime lex

whoooo

Sorry, I stand more than corrected! Please ignore my above post, it was ignorant and lazy and should not have been made. :blush:

lol, don't worry dude. I mistakenly ID'd a hakea as a wattle the other week. :P

lol, don't worry dude. I mistakenly ID'd a hakea as a wattle the other week.

Haha, I know the feeling - I have a garden full of hakeas - so you could imagine my excitement when I first learnt of DMT :P Man, was I ever dissapointed :lol:

I think there is only one recorded wild sighting of a P. tampanensis fruit in Tampa, Florida in 1972 or something like that.

The fruit and sclerotia of tampanensis is much more potent than mexicana strain A.

Apparently a rough equivalent is similar to Copelandia cyanences.

You can check the nook, numerous people have successfully fruited cultivated mycelium, but again, keep in mind, only one wild sighting ever.

This mushroom has an interesting history. All cultures or spore specimens in circulation today originated from a single specimen found outside of Tampa, Florida in 1977. It has never been seen growing wild in Florida since. A second reported sighting has been made in Mississippi, but no culturable material was collected. Over the years the limited gene pool and successive clonings has degenerated most commercially available strains.

originated from a single specimen found outside of Tampa, Florida in 1977

thats crazy hey? :o

is mexicana quite a rare fungi in the wild?

Are you speaking from experience Zen? Where do you get your info from?

While we are on the topic...

I'm interested in getting hold of any sclerotia forming fungi if anyone has any.

please let me know.

cheers

:)

Are you speaking from experience Zen? Where do you get your info from?

You can confirm by doing a small amount of research on the shroomery.

Teonan grew these out as part of his work on calaloging the cystidial forms of various active species - he reckons these little guys blew his fucking head off...