The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

brug sp. alkaloids ?

does anyone know if assays comparing the different brug sp to each other have been performed?likewise 4 other tropane bearers?

t s t .

Guest wira

Yes, and they are all pretty similar chemically. Yields and relative proportions of alkaloids are likely to differ across species due to factors that are not reliant on species limitation. B. sanguinea is often rumoured to be very strong, but I think specimens of other species could be just as potent under the right conditions.

As far as other tropane bearers, there are a lot of them, and sorry but I don't have time right now to type out details for you.

The Brugmansia cultivar Brugmansia Culebra or Methysticodendron Amnesianum as it used to be called is the most potent if memory serves me. I don't remember the exact spec's off hand, but I can go look them up.

Okay, I can't find the specs off hand as easily as I thought I could. I can tell you that Culebra is the translation of "mutscuai borrachero" and means plant of the snake that intoxicates. This plant was used for prophecy as well as to relieve rheumatic pains.

Guest wira

It certainly is considered more potent where it is from, but that's no guarantee if you were to grow it here it would retain that potency relative to other Brugmansias. And, it's a mutant cultivar that is kind of a special case. I wasn't considering that in with the other Brugmansias; despite what others think I still like to think of it as a separate thing, derived from Brugmansias but something new. Also, we don't know if that potency applies to all specimens where it grows, or only to those few clones maintained by shamans who use them.