The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tonic

Mushroom potency

I was thinking it would be really good and also helpful to have a [pinned?] thread on the potency of different psychedelic mushrooms.

Here is a start

Oral Psilocybe azurescens Dosages [beds]

Threshold: 0.25 g

Light: .50 g

Common: 1 - 1.5 g

Strong: 1.5 - 2 g

Heavy: 2.5 g

Oral Psilocybe cubensis Dosages Gold Tops [indoors]

Threshold: .25 g

Light: .25 - 1 g

Common: 1 - 2.5 g

Strong: 2.5 - 5 g

Heavy: 5 + g

Oral Psilocybe cyanescens Dosages []

Threshold: .50 g

Light: 1 g

Common: 1.5 - 2 g

Strong: 2.5 g

Heavy: 3+ g

Oral Psilocybe semilanceata Dosages Liberty Caps [field?]

Threshold: .50 g

Light: 1 - 2 g

Common: 3 g

Strong: 4 - 5 g

Heavy: 7 g

Oral Psilocybe subaeruginosa Dosages Subs [field]

Threshold: 0.25 g

Light: .50 g

Common: 1.5 g

Strong: 2 - 3 g

Heavy: 4 + g

Oral Panaeolus subbalteatus Dosages [field]

Threshold: 1 g

Light: 2 g

Common: 3.5 g

Strong: 5 - 6 g

Heavy: 7 + g

NOTE: This dosage guide is intended as a rough guide only and is not carved into stone. There are a lot of factors to consider when injesting mushrooms [where legal] factors would include body weight, mental condition etc. and also where the mushrooms were growing/grown for example environmental conditions etc. It is generally accepted that indoors cultivated mushrooms tend to be on the higher potency side. Care should always be taken and it is always good to start with a lower dose and work up slowly when confident about potencies from a certain batch.

Weights are based on dry weight. [it would be good to have a wet weight comparison too___1 g dried is roughly 10 g wet weight]

Feel free to contribute information to this guide.

Thanks.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

sorta goes out the window when you consider the conditions and method used to grow said mushrooms, unless you end up covering all of that aswell.

Good point mu. I think it's important to cover various environmental conditions, field grown, grown indoors etc. and collate all the evidence. I feel it would be an important resource and could also be a good information source for health minimisation.

PHD, "It is said that ingesting the aborts, whilst having a much lower yield have a greater potency akin to P. semilanceata." U seem to contradict ur self saying liberties are more potent, then u give them a consistently higher dose than cubes.

There are so many variables it is going to b a hard task & ultimately I think the biggest variable will b the individual but u may b able to give a general guide 1 could then work from.

Edited by shruman

PHD, "It is said that ingesting the aborts, whilst having a much lower yield have a greater potency akin to P. semilanceata." U seem to contradict ur self saying liberties are more potent, then u give them a consistently higher dose than cubes.

Yes you're right I will change that. The more you look the more contradictions appear. I am determined to give this a go though.

There are so many variables it is going to b a hard task & ultimately I think the biggest variable will b the individual but u may b able to give a general guide 1 could then work from.

Agreed, ultimately it is the individual, with a few other factors thrown in for good measure. A general guide is probably best with a view to it becoming more comprehensive over time.

gamma.goblin, good link thanks for that.

I have a few problems with this list myself. One is that that the term "Blue Meanies" commonly refer to Panaeolus or Copelandia cyanescens(the taxonomists are still in disagreement) and never to my knowledge applied to Panaeolus subbalteatus which exhibits little blueing reaction.

Also lists of this type can be considered extremely rough guides at best, little more than an indication of relative potentcy's amongst the species.

The same species may vary widely in alkaloid content according to many factors ie geographical region, strain, early/late in season or flush number so one could be fairly off-target in ones estimations.

Also lists of this type can be considered extremely rough guides at best

That's why it's called Mushroom Potency, A Rough Guide :wink:

....little more than an indication of relative potentcy's amongst the species.

That's the idea.

i like it pho :wink:

what about cyans??

peace

Thanks husk. I will put them up soon. :wink:

Off topic, but how are your travels going? How about posting an update thread?

Fair enough Phosphene. I suppose I just provided a little emphasis in this respect. :lol:

One strategy I would advise is to dry the shrooms cracker-dry(low or no heat) and reduce to powder. Store in glass.

Once you get a handle on its potentcy, one can dose presisely without fear of over or under dosing. Makes shrooms much more user friendly. :wink:

(Dont forget about tolerance factor, about a week to wear off)

all i can say is when i tried liberty caps weight to weight they blew cubensis out o the water! good to have a guide, but i am curious about the consistency of mushrooms.

Consistency of the potency of mushrooms kadakuda?

Well if that's what you meant, the pontency can vary quite a lot in wild specimens and is not always that consistant. With indoors grown cubes for example the potency is usually very consistant and usually a bit higher than wild ones. You have to put into mind that the potency is effected by many different environmental variables, a persons resistance to the alkaloids, which woulkd encompass body weight, mental state, metabolism and suseptabilty to the the alkaloids within the mushroom. There are other factors at play here too. Hope that's what you were asking and answers your question.

:)

Even indoor grown shrooms can vary considerably in potentcy between individual flushes.

This is a rough guide, just helpful to ensure your somewhat playing in the right ballpark. :)

Ps.subaeruginosa is quite similar to Ps.cyanescens and their potency is indeed comparable. But their potency given their small stature is a lot stronger than cubies,