The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Legba

Injected adrenaline - new Aussie party drug

Source

DRUG users in the desert town of Alice Springs have started injecting illegal adrenaline, prompting police to warn "the new speed" could have fatal consequences.

The drug, normally used by medics to treat people suffering extreme asthma attacks or allergic reactions, is being sold on the streets in glass containers with blue stoppers.

Detective Acting Superintendent Michael Murphy called it a "new health threat'' and has warned the public to be wary of the new party drug.

"This new recreational drug has the potential to cause death in some people,'' Detective Murphy said.

"Adrenaline is usually only used in cases of extreme emergency for such things as severe allergic reactions or during acute asthma attacks for breathing difficulties.

"Used outside these circumstances, it has proved fatal in the past and the community should be warned of the potentially fatal consequences,'' he said.

Other symptoms of adrenaline overdose include, massive haemorrhage into the brain, weakness, dizziness, convulsions, nausea and vomiting, abnormal heartbeat or palpitations, visual distortion and major anxiety.

i knew a couple of people who once done this. Reports didnt really sound like speed. More like, just rushing out for a while (i gather, somewhat uncomfortably)

we used it in our labs at uni, i tried to get some of it but grr they didnt give me any lol aparently it cant be used orally as it breaks down

Edited by Tepa

we used it in our labs at uni, i tried to get some of it but grr they didnt give me any lol aparently it cant be used orally as it breaks down

syringe straight into the heart tepa no messin about here :P

I had a mate who pinched a bottle of adrenalin form the hospital once, he IV'd it and said it was the closest to dieing and the closest thing to hell he has ever come and the most horrible experience of is life. (and this guy has OD'd countless times on a handful of diferent drugs)

He managed to call me shortly afterwards but couldn't talk and his dog was howling in the background. was uber scary... I wonder what the rec dosage is, I guess he had to much..

Ive heard similarly unpleasant reports. Almost a panic response, except with muscle spasms so you cant run away. I wouldn't

Yes I forgot to add that, he said it was like 100% pure, liquid fear in a needle... massive anxiety attack and thoughts of dying etc, so burning hot it felt like his blood was boiling etc. like I mentioned it was apparently akin to being in Hell... :devil:

Edited by AndyAmine.

How long did the effects last Andy?

Nuts!

Is there some method of use that these ilicit users are utilising that allows them to avoid the craziness?

I remember hearing of people doing this around 15 years ago.

Can't remember the dose.

Resulted in a quick rush that only lasted 2min at the most.

It was out of date though so might have been reduced in its effects.

I don't think this practice will replace meth because the effort of injecting adrenaline for a few minutes rush will wear off rather quick.

I bet Adrenaline is like FOAF smoked pure DMT. Out of this world, panic, fear, and horrific panic.

I think the reason it causes such 'fear' in some people is because adrenaline (epinephrine) is the chemical that induces the flight response. (i think it's the one could be the other way round) While noradrenaline (norepinephrine) produces the fight response. I mean seeing as adrenaline is also the chemical that causes panic/anxiety attacks it seems pretty stupid to me to take it on it's own it's kinda asking for what andy described.

can snort it to, ive always wanted to extract some from cows adrenaline glands :) found a procedure once but havent been able to find it again :)

"illegal adrenaline" lol. its not illegal. adrenaline for injection vials are a S3 these days i believe. can buy it OTC from a pharmacy if you have a convincing reason to buy it. (or a friendly pharmacist).

"illegal adrenaline" lol. its not illegal. adrenaline for injection vials are a S3 these days i believe. can buy it OTC from a pharmacy if you have a convincing reason to buy it. (or a friendly pharmacist).

On bringing this up with a friend, he told me a story about someone in his early 20's who had a heart attack and died shooting adrenaline... after watching his mates I.M, apparently decided to I.V :slap:

yeah definately dont IV it. has resulted in many strokes or heart attacks when accidently injected into a vein. IM or SC only. but i wouldnt recomend it being used at all. not meant to be very pleasant.

It's more a case of people having too mch wen they IV. It's used IV in hospitals all the time, the problem is people don't realise how potent it really is.

Wow, sounds like a great night out... what do you do to get to sleep for work the next day though? Give yourself a few taps in the head with a brick?

Reminds me of a character in a Pratchett book, who having worked out all drugs are chemicals decided all chemical were drugs and promptly got stuck into the flea powder in a big way.

of all the other things they could've got from the chemist...

VM

Now would be a good time to ask if anyone has seen the movie Crank?

Pretty cool i thought :)

Heard this morning that QLD ambos have been given adrenaline and placebos to see how effective it is too treat heart attack victims, so anyone up north not a good idea to arrest for awhile :P

Now would be a good time to ask if anyone has seen the movie Crank?

I did and liked the movie alot.

But as a party drug I don"t think so.

Hunter Thompsom books mentioned adrenochrome.

In the book only extracted from the pituartary gland from corpses.

Adrenaline can be changed with a addition acetyle group to such to make adrenochrome.

But not a enjoyable experinces unless a panic reaction and sweating.

http://www.leftlion.co.uk/articles.cfm/id/622