The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

subs for your eyes????

i am far sighted(hope thats the right term, where u can see things perfectly up close but not far away), and should wear glasses whilst watching tv/driving etc, but i accidently ran over my $700 pair of specs a year ago and have not replaced them, hence my eyes have been quite sore and red, and my vision at distances quite blurry, and have had trouble focusing of recent.

I ate some subs(about 2 grams) at my first doof! on saturday(yay), and today have realised how good and fresh my eyes look and feel, i seriously am having no troubles seeing at a distance, better than i have been able to for quite some time. My eyes feel relaxed, and my vision has a great deal of clarity, even things close up.

was wondering if anyone has similar experiences??

i am plus 8 longsighted which is pretty fuct up far from 2020 need glasses to walk lol anyway once while seriously effected by subs i read the writing on inside arms of my specs then realised and it suddenly went blurry

"should wear glasses whilst watching tv/driving"

"I ate some subs(about 2 grams) at my first doof! on saturday(yay), and today have realised how good and fresh my eyes look and feel, i seriously am having no troubles seeing at a distance, better than i have been able to for quite some time."

A cure.... err not quite... not while ur driving anyway.

Jokes aside, very interesting.

whenever i've taken LSD, shrooms or even ketamine out in the country i've noticed that my vision becomes extra good. I'm also abit myopic, but there is more than just a correction ov vision, it seems to me that my ability to see in 3 dimensions is enhanced as far as i can see. B)

I believe this is a pretty well known phenomena. Terrence McKenna often rapped about the 'increase in visual acuity' for even small doses of psilocybin in the human diet. He even used this as a major part of his thesis that psychedelics accelerated human evolution (check out Food of the Gods), where the hunter-gatherers who included psilo in their diets had a distinct hunting advantage over those that didn't. He also mentions medical research which supports the theory. Interestingly, the phenomena is detectable at doses far below the psychedelic threshold, and hence psilo may be used in such a medicinal manner deliberately.

Edited by ayjay101

There was a similar case of this over at the shroomery except the person had bad hearing since they were a child, had to wear hearing aids and make a conscious effort to hear what someone was saying. Then after taking some of our mushroom friends could hear crystal clear, and had no need for the hearing aid.

Here's the Link

I ate some subs

Beaker made me do it!

review_beaker_3.jpg

I think there is a big difference in increasing visual acuity in a normal sighted person and 'fixing' a defect in a long/short sighted person. To me the immediate thought is that maybe such vision problems could be corrected with medication then rather than glasses [not sure if that is desirable, but interesting nonetheless].

Also, given that psychedelics can interrupt problems like dyslexia I think we can probably learn a lot about the eye to brain connection through them.

...would that suggest these problems could be corrected by training excercises? Wasn't there some debate on TV about this lately?

AJ

Haven't documented specifics at the time, but yes afoaf has had amazing experiences with clarity of vision with subaeruginosa, often quite similar to yowies experience with being able to read small things that previously were impossible or at least a good struggle. afoaf is longsighted, not particularly extreme but definitely need glasses to read most things/function, especially with ease and some sort of comfort, otherwise it's a strain which neck/eye muscles which give a bad headache.

The small range of tryptamines afoaf has worked with seems to give similar effects, often he describes it as being able to get down to a molecular level with vision, yet it's not that drastic as you can still function in the macroscopic world. It does feel like a zooming in and refining. Under the influence of subaeruginosa afoaf has functioned overly well (and amazed at it at the time), being able to take glasses off and if anything it felt cleaner and more normal.

But as said, this wasn't documented in detail, so to fully elaborate it will be a little sketchy. afoaf does feel subaeruginosa does something special for the eyes at the time. afoaf can't really comment on the following days post experience, but during there is definitely something positive happening for him he feels.

Found some lovely specimens whilst out on site today, left them be, large council chip mounds filled with fresh myc and subaeruginosa growing on the edges with some grass.

Edited by gerbil

I think there is a big difference in increasing visual acuity in a normal sighted person and 'fixing' a defect in a long/short sighted person.

Trollinator, I don't think the difference is big at all. I would suggest that the increase in visual acuity phenomena IS temporary correction of a myopic/hyperopic 'defect'.

The fact that it affects some people to a greater degree and for longer periods afterwards would be a product of personal brain chemistry and other factors. At the very least I would think the two are related. Or are you suggesting they are different phenomena altogether? Interesting..... :scratchhead:

the psys allow the eyes freedom temporarily from poor visual habits eg squint and focus. porr visual habits are the cause of much of the poor sighted [ersons defect the eyes can be strengthened and retrained maybe psys could help with such optic "physio therapy"

the psys allow the eyes freedom temporarily from poor visual habits eg squint and focus. porr visual habits are the cause of much of the poor sighted [ersons defect the eyes can be strengthened and retrained maybe psys could help with such optic "physio therapy"

yea, agreed. :)

I loved your story about reading the fine print on your glasses and then remembering that you shouldn't be able to do that, and instantly not being able to. Would have been a shocking couple of minutes! :o

Could it perhaps have something to do with pupil dilation? as well as muscle relaxation in the eye area, they say that magic eye images are good for your eyes like that, i find my eyes at least feel less stressed after looking at them, but also when i close my eyes really tight the few seconds after my vision is also much clearer, could be an eye pressure thing.

i treated some sab members recently a look throogh my specs and they can confirm how fuct up my eyes are. for subs to allow me vision to read any text is a miracle when time permits i look forward to using the big glsses things optmotrists use to work out best prescrition where u can swap leneses fraction by fraction and use small doses of psilocybe sclerotia along with a slow reduction in prescription i beleive this will work to relax my syes and allow them to strengthen :)just a hunch ;)

Could it perhaps have something to do with pupil dilation? as well as muscle relaxation in the eye area, they say that magic eye images are good for your eyes like that, i find my eyes at least feel less stressed after looking at them, but also when i close my eyes really tight the few seconds after my vision is also much clearer, could be an eye pressure thing.

my eyes are the wrong shape too see properly beyond the dimensions to allow laser surgery to correct them plus they move independently of each other and focus independently too each other lol i wish i could show u ppl what they see its fkn weird take glasses off nd add psys then ha it gets pretty freaky lol :unsure: i have exercised and now able to do some weird stuff with them including looking left with the left while looking right with the righ which caused collapse and mild convulsions tho if done slowly only so gently if u split the feild of vision u feel movement its a strange sensation i could talk about this all day would love to catch up with peeps with similar optics :) haha been playing with them since i was a kid so i recon with time i can make them see better ps has any one played with their eyes even just go cross eyed with eyes closed during cevs on plant medicines id like to hear feed back cheers

I can't even cut my toenails.

And I have to wear 1/4 inch glases.

Maybe contacts are the way to go.

=============

For the laser procedure theres some unhappy results. If cornea is football shaped then that the worst type for eye laser.

Which just happens to be my case.

I not going to try the laser procedure.

contacts are nice but a pain in the ass to put in if u blind lol i always get em inside out put em in that way then pull out sometimes accidentally do this several time till my eyes are sore lol but if u do get em in they allow the eyes to move very freely instead of restricted as through spectacles tho they are a pain in the ass glasses are easy and look pretty :)