The Corroboree
Pala

Importing Kava to Oz

Sounds good guys, it's lovely stuff for a quiet one in! The amazing thing with kava is that the bag starts so big, so fluffy, so full of fun.. and one day there is a tablespoon left... tragic! But it least it goes to a good home haha. Personally I find it not so good to drive on, once youve had a "certain amount"... you'll know when that is, and will be having too much fun in the one place anyway :lol: good price too. Klin, don't send Harry credit he's a bit of a dodgy one :P nah just kiddin, he's good quality. SSorry to hear bout your aqis hassles, something similar happened to "root" of my usual supplier a while ago, only a temporary hiccup though (and a great excuse for a price hike, haha). True too about the bundy etc... not often I feel like punching anyone around after a few cups of good kava, and it's been awhile since a kava addict hit me up for money.

VM

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>not kava related, look away now<

Oskorei, gotta say, as a psychic you make a great...dunno, but some other fuggin thing thats for sure... some factoids...

I don't want his freebies.. given others are ordering, bla bla, I'd hear the legit-ness or otherwise of the setup fairly quickly. I never gave anyone my details, asked anyone to get hold of some for me, took anyone up on their offer of some of theirs... none of that. So I'd like to know how exactly I'm still putting my hand up for a free samples? As for "wanting in on the market"... if the best I can do is 45 a kilo "wholesale" (haha), then there isn't any point, and wasn't any point even BEFORE the klin business came up. I ended up with a kilo when I only wanted a half kilo the other month, and had to pay a wad of bills fairly soon after, and knew that plenty of the boys wanted to try some, so sent what I didnt want/need out at prices that when alls said n done made me about... twenty bucks! thats with time spent sieving, measuring, bagging neat and flat, fucking about with AP, bla bla... pardon me for sharing with people I consider some kind of mates. At a loss to myself when alls said n done. No wonder I'm not in the kava business :scratchhead: That aside, when I get essentially one day a week off my REAL job, I prefer to spend it with my family and friends rather than running back n forth into chinatown every saturday in a mad rush to get in n out while my parking is only 3 bucks, then deal with wuckfit traffic all the way back to the northside. I know that's an awful lot of detail, but you seem to have developed quite the interest in my private life and personal interests and motivations of late, so I thought you'd appreciated it. let me know if you want any other interesting Day In the Life Of style installements, I have some goodies, such as The Time I Got Stuck At Roadworks and The Day We Got Smoke Alarms Installed. Those pictures of my family are on the way too, I wrapped em with bankstatements and medical records for padding, hope thats ok.

As it happens, plenty of people around this place have my address, or an address... but at the end of the day, I have to think about who knows what about a house that tends to have a young woman and a female toddler in it by themselves for most of the day, with deaf or useless neighbours. Pardon me for having a life, and trying to be vaguely responsible about the safety of the people I hold dearest and the things I call home. Reckon you might put your home address up here as a post in chillspace to show YOU'VE got any balls, or at any rate, nothing you worry about losing in your life?

Alllll that aside, does it really have a whole lot to do with your holy self anyway? Klin and I haven't sent each other any hate mail, bomb threats or dire warnings of things to come, it seemed sorted without your helpful input. Misunderstandings and the internet are made for each other, big people can accept that and get on with their lives.

Writing a whole post more or less about me writing a paragraph in response to a single that that apparently doesnt matter , and that I said before you got in once again I was over caring about. I think you just tend to get in the mood to have a righteous problem with someone anytime I happen to be opening my virtual face, and I'm sorry to say but I reckon that is more your problem than mine, though I wish you luck with getting it sorted out. But can you please do me a massive favour , and try to stop telling me about it? I just hope that you have clearer judgement while you are driving etc.

Off to find something to mail around the countryside at a loss, in accordance with my master plan to take over the world. :rolleyes:

VM

We must catch up some time Vert, share some bowls ay?... reckon my little girl might like you too :lol:

as I said before, let kava unite :lol:

Big O, the permit system has two levels. First you need a license, which entitles you to import kava. This is like a character reference and to speed up the next step. Then for every improt you need to obtain a permit. This permit is specific to the supplier and the method of import and can't be varied. It applies to one import or to a quantity [can't remember which].

Basically the licensing and permit system was established as a benign "we just want to have a look at what's going on" type system. It was only a matter of time before this was going to be used to establish a total ban. It's the same as what they did with gun registrations in the 80's and 90's.

The next step was the 'kava code'. This ensures that all kava sellers are registered, so once they ban it they can immediately close all outlets.

yeah we should, though its going to take me two weeks to defrost from being outside all day today from 6am :lol: you know you work in an uncivilised workplace when you take to starting fires in metal containers to defrost yourself enough to even think about bludging properly.

kava can unite, but a couple too many and I find it unties me more than anything, haha.

I just want some bloody kava plants .....why is it I can get Guatemalen Toothache Bush or something no worries from a dozen different outlets, but can't find something that sounds as if it poses a major trip n fall hazard in some fairly nearby parts of the world? tragic, I tell yez. Maybe a kayak and a shovel are in order... couldn't take THAT long to row to fiji. Problem would be stopping off half way and deciding to lighten the load a little... then it'd all go breadfruit shaped.

drink up, it's natures best diet shake :D

VM

Guest Øskorei

Vee, Thanks for the time-consuming, elucidating insight into your oneness, much appreciated by all. On this occasion, I shant take the bait on your latest instalment of 'rantics', and in order to maintain the peace on what has become an ugly, damaging thread (at times), I shall allow your lasties as the floor-taker on your second character assasination in the one thread. Bravo, my dear lad.

>Ok, back to the Kava thread<

So Torsten (and others), with the Klinster mentioning that all import permits are suspended, is it possible that applications will be rejected/held up for many months ? If so, there's a very real potential for the market stock to be exhausted for all but the most connected consumers. I assume this won't affect travellers returning with their <3kg's, but demand would far outweigh such a small supply line.

And John, please elaborate on what you determined as being AQIS' investigation into online advertising - is this pretty much borne from launching the Klin Kava site......? or are they also targeting multi-functional outlets such as SAB, 'Listics, Med garden (do they even operate?)...........

Anyway, what's the shipping costs for a kilo straight from Vanuatu to the end-user ? Obviously your prices incorporate your shipping costs, so if you deduct that amount to reduce the base price + your operating profit, then have the end user pay the shipping, this might be a loophole. If your stuff's as good as the early feedback suggests, then Im certain that some kava-lovers would still make orders....

Vee, Thanks for the time-consuming, elucidating insight into your oneness, much appreciated by all. On this occasion, I shant take the bait on your latest instalment of 'rantics', and in order to maintain the peace on what has become an ugly, damaging thread (at times), I shall allow your lasties as the floor-taker on your second character assasination in the one thread. Bravo, my dear lad.

>Ok, back to the Kava thread<

So Torsten (and others), with the Klinster mentioning that all import permits are suspended, is it possible that applications will be rejected/held up for many months ? If so, there's a very real potential for the market stock to be exhausted for all but the most connected consumers. I assume this won't affect travellers returning with their <3kg's, but demand would far outweigh such a small supply line.

And John, please elaborate on what you determined as being AQIS' investigation into online advertising - is this pretty much borne from launching the Klin Kava site......? or are they also targeting multi-functional outlets such as SAB, 'Listics, Med garden (do they even operate?)...........

Anyway, what's the shipping costs for a kilo straight from Vanuatu to the end-user ? Obviously your prices incorporate your shipping costs, so if you deduct that amount to reduce the base price + your operating profit, then have the end user pay the shipping, this might be a loophole. If your stuff's as good as the early feedback suggests, then Im certain that some kava-lovers would still make orders....

I'm coming over to Aussie today and hope to follow this matter up further. I have only been able to speak to the office lads that post out the permits. They are under instructions to hold all permits until investigations into the advertisng have been completed. No indication of how long that will be.

There are some kava traders that have a lot of the market sown up in Australia, I know one of them personally. He sells a lot of kava to the stores and I can't even come near his price and also offer quality. If he was aware of the advertising of kava on the web at the prices I'm offerring, he would not hesitate for a split second to stir some shit with Aqis etc.

The contract you sign as an importer states that the kava you are importing can not be advertised verbally of written. Cases in the USA have determined internet to be "electronic". My klinkava.com site goes all around the world, how can I stop Australians from getting onto it. Maybe a statement like, "if you are an Australian, get off my site now!" would do it.

If I were to send one 8gram packet to Australia from here, it would be confiscated and destroyed. No questions asked.

I'm coming over to Aussie today and hope to follow this matter up further. I have only been able to speak to the office lads that post out the permits. They are under instructions to hold all permits until investigations into the advertisng have been completed. No indication of how long that will be.

There are some kava traders that have a lot of the market sown up in Australia, I know one of them personally. He sells a lot of kava to the stores and I can't even come near his price and also offer quality. If he was aware of the advertising of kava on the web at the prices I'm offerring, he would not hesitate for a split second to stir some shit with Aqis etc.

The contract you sign as an importer states that the kava you are importing can not be advertised verbally of written. Cases in the USA have determined internet to be "electronic". My klinkava.com site goes all around the world, how can I stop Australians from getting onto it. Maybe a statement like, "if you are an Australian, get off my site now!" would do it.

If I were to send one 8gram packet to Australia from here, it would be confiscated and destroyed. No questions asked.

That really sucks,I was waiting till today to order some kava from you.I have a couple of other suppliers

but the last lot of vanuatan kava I got from "the kava hut" was,nt all that good compared to some of the good fijian

I,ve had.Problem with the fijian is the taste seems to be a bit strong sometimes.I was kinda impressed with TKH,s instant

kava.Would yours be similar?If it was available.

A simple solution might be to NOT use the name klinkava in australia and on your permits. Just pick another name, even if it is a trading name for the same company. That way they can't claim that you are advertising the product. There are plenty of ways to sell kava in australia without advertising, such as via forums and directly to the larger distributors. This community can help you reach many of these customers.

Received my klin kava yesterday and have just sampled it around 4.30pm saturday. After one glass, very noticeable kava effects. Also even though its an overcast dim afternoon Im reaching for the sunglasses cos my eyes are very sensitive to light. Second glass really makes things come on. This is some of the best kava I have ever tried. Will report on the instant kava tomorrow, because I just couldnt do that right now! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's great to see John Fordham and Klin Kava is now everybody's new best friend :) .

I have no affiliation with Klin Kava other than as a very satisfied customer.

When a friend brought it to my attention than the company was being defamed on this forum, I immeadiately tried to register to put the case for what is a great product and incredibly good service.

It has taken approx 1 1/2 weeks for me to be given permission to comment.

It would seem to me that there needs to be a more responsible attitude taken in regard to unsubstantiated comments posted on these forums. Fortunately for John things have worked out well, but the time it has taken for his customers to post a reply could potentially have done great damage to his business.

the error was corrected within 24 hours. what's your point of dragging this on?

we are actively making up for any damage that might have been done.

In fact, I think it would be great if further Klinkava experience reports were posted in a separate thread so that new readers don't have to wade through the controversy to get to the good bit.

the error was corrected within 24 hours. what's your point of dragging this on?

we are actively making up for any damage that might have been done.

In fact, I think it would be great if further Klinkava experience reports were posted in a separate thread so that new readers don't have to wade through the controversy to get to the good bit.

Is it possible to have my bioassay moved to the Klin Kava thread please mod? :lol:

it would be good to have a few good posts here to make sure this thread ends on a positive note. I was thinking maybe you should just start a new thread and re-post your assay there dqd and anyone else? The new thread can then become the dominant Klin kava discussion.

it would be good to have a few good posts here to make sure this thread ends on a positive note. I was thinking maybe you should just start a new thread and re-post your assay there dqd and anyone else? The new thread can then become the dominant Klin kava discussion.

Well, I have just received a call from my distributor who just received a letter today from the Kava management authorities of Australia. All kava permits have been CANCELLED. As from the 25th of June 2007 all commercial imports have been stopped.

What a bomb shell. I have been trying to access my emails since finding out the information but unable to. My pass word is now not valid. It maybe a Vanuatu thing, hopefully its that simple.

The only importing of kava that will constitute legal imports are for medical/health reasons. Once I have a copy of this letter in my possession I will report further. In the mean time tis forum is my only contact with my current customers.

I do have a plan "B' that I would rather not post here until I have a copy of the the letter.

It's great to see John Fordham and Klin Kava is now everybody's new best friend :) .

I haven't made a new best friend in years, takes more than good kava for that.

I have no affiliation with Klin Kava other than as a very satisfied customer.

When a friend brought it to my attention than the company was being defamed on this forum, I immeadiately tried to register to put the case for what is a great product and incredibly good service.

It has taken approx 1 1/2 weeks for me to be given permission to comment.

It would seem to me that there needs to be a more responsible attitude taken in regard to unsubstantiated comments posted on these forums. Fortunately for John things have worked out well, but the time it has taken for his customers to post a reply could potentially have done great damage to his business.

I am unsure as to whether these comments are aimed at the forum in general or just the posters in this thread, and I don't like to assume. If I am a recipient of these opinions then I'd like something to be clear... the original kavaman was a lowlife who deliberately led customers up the garden path and took $150 from me. After more than a year of contact and bullshit (followed by silence) I had to give up.

kavaman is an arsehole.

When I learnt that his name was associated with Klin Kava I was greatly disturbed. Despite this I still stuck to the 'try it and see' philosophy and did not condemn Klin, and hoped that kavaman had nothing do with what seemed a great deal.

We're not all out to get what we can.

When I contacted John and heard the latest I was disappointed for us all... you see, if the kava runs out most of us can just go to the bottle shop, but I'm alcoholic and it would take away my means of r'n'r. I have asked to get as much as I can stretch to without monopolising the remaining stock. This kava would last me some months.

I hope this goes some way to explaining my posts at least.

I hope this all works out too.

I would never make friends with someone just to get something :lol: Any update from John re the situation?

Done :lol:

Well, I have just received a call from my distributor who just received a letter today from the Kava management authorities of Australia. All kava permits have been CANCELLED. As from the 25th of June 2007 all commercial imports have been stopped.

What a bomb shell. I have been trying to access my emails since finding out the information but unable to. My pass word is now not valid. It maybe a Vanuatu thing, hopefully its that simple.

The only importing of kava that will constitute legal imports are for medical/health reasons. Once I have a copy of this letter in my possession I will report further. In the mean time tis forum is my only contact with my current customers.

I do have a plan "B' that I would rather not post here until I have a copy of the the letter.

fuck

:angry: That would be right,just when I find some decent kava the gov. decides

I cant have it now.Fucking cunts,whats the matter?government not making enough money

from it.

Came across this the other day, http://www.kavainfocenter.com/

Edited by Andrew

fuck

Yup, I was keen too.

Damn I heard something on the radio this afternoon stating something to the effect that no Kava would be making its way into Aus anymore. I think it had something to do with child welfare in the NT and the availability of alcohol. Apparently Kava is as much a danger to the dry communities as alcohol :scratchhead: Any excuse.

Kruddler

I can verify this unfortunately. Licenses are still valid, but no more permits will be issued as of 25th of June and no more imports will be allowed on existing permits as of 26th June, except for verified medical or scientific purposes. This is because kava apparently poses a risk to indigenous people, however the government was the one who introduced kava to the top end 20 odd years ago. Strangely, or should I say fittingly, enough the government decides to restrict the entire country's rights, rather than make the existing laws in NT and WA stricter, but that doesn't surprise me. And to top it off, the goverment 'respects the cultural use of kava by pacific islanders in this country' by still allowing the 2kg of kava with an airline passenger. So does that mean that an islander here has to pay $300 to fly to their home country to buy 2kg worth of kava, which would last them 1, maybe 2 weeks? Bullshit, really is. Wonder if FNQ is a suitable place for kava plants to be grown?

www.ocs.gov.au

as I said, they've been planning this for over a decade. I am not in the least bit surprised about this. I am quite impressed how neatly they wrapped this up into a 'national emergency' though. The whole NT invasion reeks of 'children overboard' - and just in time for the election too.

This is it for kava in australia. It was nice while it lasted. And yes, it will grow in FNQ, but not in a lot of places.

as I said, they've been planning this for over a decade. I am not in the least bit surprised about this. I am quite impressed how neatly they wrapped this up into a 'national emergency' though. The whole NT invasion reeks of 'children overboard' - and just in time for the election too.

This is it for kava in australia. It was nice while it lasted. And yes, it will grow in FNQ, but not in a lot of places.

The importation of kava can still be done by our pharmacuetical friends who seem to be wrapping up all substances.

I also had a supply of a substance that cured melanomas, sunspots, skin cancer of any kid in a matter of days with one application. Still have some and have treated dozens of people in Vanuatu and even more in Aussie.

A pharmacuetical coy bought out the supplier (mum and dad set up) and I have never heard of it since. 5mls treated hundredsof cancers.

I was hopeing that they (govt) would leave the individual's permit inplace which allowed each person to import 5kg a month, but found out just now that they have canned that too. Its unbelievable they have left the carry-in kava alone. Can't understand that one!

Hear we go, some contact numbers and web sites to go to to complain, protest... etc

<http://www.cbfca.com.au/_content/AutoImages/PageHeading/hdnNNF2007054Ka

vaimportrestrictions.gif>

Please note the attached joint news release from The Minister for Health

and Ageing and the Minister for Justice and Customs, which will affect

all imports of Kava.

From 26 June 2007, the importation of kava will not be allowed except

for medical or scientific purposes, even if a previously issued permit

for a consignment has been granted by the Minister for Health and

Ageing, or his delegate.

The passenger concession for 2kg of Kava in dried or root form for an

adult over the age of 18 years is not affected by this decision.

Any imports of kava, other than those subject to the passenger exemption

will be detained by Customs until further notice. The detention of the

goods will be effected under Division 5 section 77EA of the Customs Act.

Immediate queries may be directed to Treaties and Compliance Team,

[email protected] or 1800 170 723.

Importers seeking further information should be directed to the website

of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (www.tga.gov.au/impexp/index.htm

<http://www.tga.gov.au/impexp/index.htm>), and a Frequently Asked

Questions sheet is also available at www.tga.gov.au/import/kavafaq .

Contact Officers in Canberra for Customs are Jim Stewart (Director

Community Protection 02 6275 6642) and Martin Davies (Manager Drugs and

Therapeutic Substances 02 6275 5963).

CBFCA - National

Download Attachments:

ABB79 - Joint Johnston - Kava - 27 June.doc

<http://www.cbfca.com.au/_upload/20070628091439405.doc>

I suffer from a deppression/anxiety disorder,kava was great for relieving some

of the pain,and now its gone.Guess its back to diazepam for me,of course I,ll be

better off and the government should be thanked for saving me from myself and

of course the pharmacutical companies know better than anyone else .

edited to appear slightly less insane.lol.

Edited by Andrew