Cactus Plaza

E-Bay Vendors

Australia:

Casablanca Cacti and Succulents

Water Wise Wonders and More

Jennys Plants

International*:

The Botanical Archive

*Please note laws regarding importing cacti and their seed from overseas. Info can be found HERE.

Work in progress - please add any valuable seed sources here. Teo, any chance this could be pinned?

Edited by Ace
  • Like 1

Just a note from Arizona -

Hundreds of species of cacti contain various quantities of mescaline or other alkaloids, consumption of which has effects similar to LSD and/or other recreational drugs. All species and varietas in the genus Lophophora are best known as peyote and mescal and are in greatest demand by those who intend to use it as a recreational drug. It is not illegal to sell, grow and posses the seeds or plants but because I am aiming to supply cactus hobbyists with seeds for growing the plants, not for eating them, I reserve the right to refuse to sell the seeds of the mescal bearing cacti, where I suspect that the plants will be grown for consumption as a recreational drug. In the past I had orders for seeds of nothing but mescaline bearing cacti. These were declined. There are only two species in the genus Lophophora (with numerous varietas) and it would be an odd cactophile interested in one genus with two species only. This year’s list offers seeds of both species and many varietas. For each packet of Lophophora seeds ordered I would expect at least three packets of other seeds in the order. The biggest reason for this restriction is the fact that the genus Lophophora is classified by Australian Quarantine & Inspection Services as a weed and thus a prohibited import.

great thread ACE, didnt urban tribes shutdown or something? last time i was there they had zero stock and the website looked really wonky..

Also

Steffen who runs

Earthalchemy.net has a great variety of seeds

Edited by Tepa

Very handy thread Ace :wink:

Might be a good idea to take Urban Tribes off the list for now. While they have not exactly shut down, they are relocating to a larger property and the website isn't selling stock at the moment. Should be back soon I hope. Maybe put it back up when thet are back in action?

I went to a 'chop your own sale' a while back now and got some great cacti from them, the sale was to reduce stock for the move and am presuming to make a bit of money too LOL

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

i guess its a silly question but i dont know the procedure.. do i have to pay for cites certs for each species? or can i pay for a cert and list lots of things on that?

edit: just discovered that its 1 cert per shipment. :bootyshake:

Edited by ferret

looks like its just one per order, i just made an order for 20+ cites species and it billed me 15 pounds for cites and phyto.

why is there so many good mammillarias missing from the ICON permitteds list :BANGHEAD2: