The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-YT-

Elaeagnus Triflora

Thought i would post some photos of a Elaeagnus Triflora plant i just recently got from tantra and repost some info see if we can rouse some interest, in the matter of the plants potential.

Shouldnt be too hard for people to ID has very distinct Silvery/grayish underside to the leaf, creeping vine should be larger colonies of plants in Northern QLD

100_0619.jpg

100_0618.jpg

100_0621.jpg

Posted by Auxin :) - "I was poking around erowid and to my amazement found a report of seemingly successful MAO inhibition with russian olive Leaves, looking here one year ago t st reported someone got MAO inhibition from the bark and quoted Dr. Duke saying the bark is 0.2% ß-carboline alkaloids."

QUOTE(t st tantra @ Feb 6 2005, 08:01 AM)

picked yesterday!

experienced knome uses maoi for depression,but was a day or two overdue for a dose.she claimed to receive dose through skin while stripping very fresh bark!!!this is the second time i've heard of harmine type alkaloids being absorbed through the skin by sensitive individuals.

gnome reported more like caapi than rue.

Dr. Duke's

Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases

Chemicals in: Elaeagnus angustifolia L. (Elaeagnaceae) -- Russian Olive, Silver Berry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chemicals

2-METHYL-1,2,3,4-TETRAHYDRO-BETA-CARBOLINE Bark: HHB

ALKALOIDS Bark 2,000 ppm; HHB

CALLIGONINE Bark: HHB JBH

DIHYDROHARMAN Bark: HHB

ELAEAGNINE Plant: JSG

HARMAN Shoot: HHB

N(-METHYL-TETRAHYDROHARMOL Bark: HHB

N-METHYL-TETRAHYDROHARMOL Plant: JSG

TETRAHYDROHARMAN Bark: HHB

TETRAHYDROHARMOL Bark: HHB

Interesting indeed, Auxin, Fractalhead and tantra have you guys done much more work with this plant and experiences to share? and or potentiation and synergy of other plants? Would assume smoking smallish amounts would produce somewhat similar effects to smoking Caapi.. Definatly has a great potential as an Australian MAOI with some more research and interest.

i know of the bark of e angustiflora and ulniflora being smoked as an antidepressant that seems to give considerable seratonin stimulation,low doses of triflora seemed the same.

as an maoi,smoked,it did the same as smoked rue or caapi exts but with more stimulation.it even seemed to potentiate caffine,something the others didnt do.

barks have been sampled over 50 times with only one report of side effects,a seratonin syndrome after 4 days of usage..the syndrome lasted a day....nice stimulation persisted for another day or 2.

its growth habit is similar to boganvillia[the bogan plant,lol][sp?].

should grow well in most of oz.

i have lost my seed supply for triflora so the five or so plants i have spare my be the last i can offer for a few years.

a cone or 2 is enough.

t s t .

Nope, havent attempted anything yet, E. angustifolia is said to grow in abundance near here tho so its on my to-do list.

Nice to see research continuing :)

and this is a good fruit plant? Amazing!

Elaeagnus triflora fruit... hmm...

Edited by Teotz'

of about 6 approx cubic metre plants only one produced 50 to 100 fruit per year .

the others produced about 10 or none.

t s t .

And how intoxicating is the fruit?

And in what manner?

At what dosage are they psychoactive?

only had one before the fruiting bush disappeared.

it was a hot day and i felt a little dreamy from that one.

seemed like about 5 might be nice,but just a guess.

i assume b carbolines or else essential oils.

t s t .

Hmm... interesting...

Rap Dos Indos was supposed to be another psychoactive fruit... or something along those lines...

Is it cool if we discuss psychoactive fruit here O.P.?

hmm it seems this plant grows all through south east asia. is synonymous with E. philippensis

The only species of a large genus to grow in australia.

History of medicinal use in india. Fruits eaten for dysentery.

Grown for medicinal use in vietnam. For fibre in china Esquivel et al 1989

Thought i would post some photos of a Elaeagnus Triflora plant i just recently got from tantra and repost some info see if we can rouse some interest, in the matter of the plants potential.

I know that in the New Guinean Highlands the Gimi inhale the smoke the leaves of tobacco, an Elaeagnus species and an Amaracarpus species in divination rituals to enter a trance state, and I think the only species which is found in New Guinea is E. triflora.