The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

Please do something about WS's trolling.

I would like to suggest that WS be banned or start to be given some warnings, I usualy keep out of this stuff but enough is enough. :ana:

Now that WS has been outed as a troll he has obviously started to post more and more lurid and perverted cut&pasted content pushing the limit until something is done, personally I would rather it was just nipped in the bud before he has vomited all over the forum.

Currently Apothecary doesn't seem to be around full time to deal with it or doesn't mind it but personally, I would like something to be done.

I use the "New Posts" feature to browse the forums daily so Im constantly subjected to topic lines about incests and bestiality... :puke:

No wonder people have taken leave of this place lately..

:uzi: Just askin....

Edited by AndyAmine.

Guest homoGenius

Like someone else noted even though the posts are controversial some are good and its easy enough to ignore the shite. The post on the WACO stuff was new to me and without WS bringing it up might have been a way off for me to discover. I find zero tolerance policies are way more shit than just accepting that people are the way they are.

Iv taken no side in this debate as of now as its been the new members like myself with insignificant post counts that have bitched and moaned and have personally kept to the side for that reason, it is rude to join a forum and complain about members that have been present for longer then myself. If AndyAmine is stepping up, then im right behing him

Wher is Apoth btw?

if this is a step up and be counted thread im in, but im not going to discuss the issue as its been done 101 times.

Guest Øskorei
I use the "New Posts" feature to browse the forums daily so Im constantly subjected to topic lines about incests and bestiality...

Mate, the whole deal about this member is that she keeps being given the attention. Thers a handful of newer contributors (but here longer than me) who simply must take the bait, and to an outsider it comes across as quite gulliable. But AndyA ? C'mon, how can you take her stuff in as offensive simply by the topic titles ? If people are truly incenced by the WS journey, then they don't have to click-thru. But hell, you're offended simply by the topic subjects ? Brother, I have came across many of your threads where I have found your input to be intelligent, articulate and quite simply valuable to my own queries when UTS, so Im really surprised that you're so bummed about this.

I also often use this forum with the "View New Posts" function, and its like scanning through a TV guide. Sone absolute bollocks, some worthy of a click until I read a few entries and realise that it's not my bag, and some that are truly enlightening, whether I was previously interested in the subject or not.

The choice is yours whether to keep reading stuff or not. There's enough great, diverse material here to keep one occupied without having to read through EVERY post that's written.

I'm not particularly in defence of WS, but Im observing a subtle class-action bullying going on. She's bound to burn out eventually.

No wonder people have taken leave of this place lately..
That's crap. People move on for many reasons, and often use scapegoats to justify their general disinterest.

PS: And Im referring to WS as "She/Her" because do we know ? Let's create at least one more virtual female here in our minds, it might chill out the testosterone-fuelled bleq.

Love & Kisses

Ms. Øskorei

Guest homoGenius
Mate, the whole deal about this member is that she keeps being given the attention. Thers a handful of newer contributors (but here longer than me) who simply must take the bait, and to an outsider it comes across as quite gulliable. But AndyA ? C'mon, how can you take her stuff in as offensive simply by the topic titles ? If people are truly incenced by the WS journey, then they don't have to click-thru. But hell, you're offended simply by the topic subjects ? Brother, I have came across many of your threads where I have found your input to be intelligent, articulate and quite simply valuable to my own queries when UTS, so Im really surprised that you're so bummed about this.

I also often use this forum with the "View New Posts" function, and its like scanning through a TV guide. Sone absolute bollocks, some worthy of a click until I read a few entries and realise that it's not my bag, and some that are truly enlightening, whether I was previously interested in the subject or not.

The choice is yours whether to keep reading stuff or not. There's enough great, diverse material here to keep one occupied without having to read through EVERY post that's written.

I'm not particularly in defence of WS, but Im observing a subtle class-action bullying going on. She's bound to burn out eventually.

That's crap. People move on for many reasons, and often use scapegoats to justify their general disinterest.

PS: And Im referring to WS as "She/Her" because do we know ? Let's create at least one more virtual female here in our minds, it might chill out the testosterone-fuelled bleq.

Love & Kisses

Ms. Øskorei

Wow, I mean wow that was one greatly written post and I agree 100%.

You're not one of those whisperer thingymijiggies are you?

It's all been said. But I'm having doubts about being associated with any site that tolerates people implying that little kids can give consent, bla bla...pretty sure that'd open up my comp, your comp, everyones comp, as being fair game... just on the off chance that bla bla bla... freedom o speech, rock on...censorship, boo... but you can actually expect people to have some basic morality without being a narrow minded paradigm bound straight. Man. Groovy.

Lil disappointed in those that will join a mob once the front row has been filled in, but thats just survival instinct at work, no biggy. Post counts are great, love em, mine plays on my mind all day and night... but I think the line of thought about that in a previous post could kind of equate to "well yeah you might be an aussie citizen, but I was BORN here mate".

I'd rather hear someone going off about something than biting their lip about everything. The old chestnut that "I may not agree with what he says, but I'll fight to the death for his right to say it" or however it goes... seems to come mainly from people that would be the first to cop out of any real confrontation over anything.

ultimately, it's all up to the modsquad to sort out as they see fit, this isn't a democracy. All anyone can do, as in normal aussie society, is just make clear what you think and feel, and then leave it up to whoever runs the show to actually flip their coin. If you don't like the eventual outcome, you have to either get over it, or go somewhere else.

Or possibly do both. How nosey do you reckon certain people are about what information passes between us around here? And how much MORE interested, and free to act, do ya reckon they become if they can show up to a magistrate with a few printouts (selectively culled of course) ranting about...well...we've all read em, at least a couple.

Aye aye, cap'n paranoia! :lol:

GD

Guest homoGenius
It's all been said. But I'm having doubts about being associated with any site that tolerates people implying that little kids can give consent, bla bla...pretty sure that'd open up my comp, your comp, everyones comp, as being fair game... just on the off chance that bla bla bla... freedom o speech, rock on...censorship, boo... but you can actually expect people to have some basic morality without being a narrow minded paradigm bound straight. Man. Groovy.

Lil disappointed in those that will join a mob once the front row has been filled in, but thats just survival instinct at work, no biggy. Post counts are great, love em, mine plays on my mind all day and night... but I think the line of thought about that in a previous post could kind of equate to "well yeah you might be an aussie citizen, but I was BORN here mate".

I'd rather hear someone going off about something than biting their lip about everything. The old chestnut that "I may not agree with what he says, but I'll fight to the death for his right to say it" or however it goes... seems to come mainly from people that would be the first to cop out of any real confrontation over anything.

ultimately, it's all up to the modsquad to sort out as they see fit, this isn't a democracy. All anyone can do, as in normal aussie society, is just make clear what you think and feel, and then leave it up to whoever runs the show to actually flip their coin. If you don't like the eventual outcome, you have to either get over it, or go somewhere else.

Or possibly do both. How nosey do you reckon certain people are about what information passes between us around here? And how much MORE interested, and free to act, do ya reckon they become if they can show up to a magistrate with a few printouts (selectively culled of course) ranting about...well...we've all read em, at least a couple.

Aye aye, cap'n paranoia! :lol:

GD

I'm dead serious when I say that's a doubleplus good post. Subtle but direct and says alot very economically. Words are the source of all misunderstanding. Under the spreading chestnut tree, I sold you and you sold me..........

i see both side of the arument but in terms on contribution to the overall "scene" of the forum, i have not seen one post (apart from his very first) that is about ethnobotical value.

sure its cool and fun to to talk about other issues then just plants as we are a community with ideas on things other then plants, but WS doesent contribute to the plant section of the forum and only recently has he started to conguer up his own words on other issues (apart from his own).

I dont mind if he goes or stays, but if he does stay then i would think he should be judged like every other member who would post the kind of stuff he posts. it looks to me, because of his criticisms from other members he seems more justifiable in being able to post what he does. and yes, i also use the veiw new posts feature and its hard not to bump into his threads and mostly irrelevantly posts in other peoples threads.

I think its ok to tolerate someone over a few posts and such but when 90 percent of the posts are, weird to say the least then we cant just blindly tolerate everyone due to principles.

Im not saying to ban him, but at very least moderate him and one of the mods should tell him bluntly whats what if he wants to stay.

Did i just take the bait? damn lol

I agree and thats what Im doing here... I jst want my POV heard.

I really shouldnt have made the post and If I did I should have made it more of a personal opinion than getting on my soapbox but I stand by what I say.

HG, is it deja vu or is your writting style very familair?

I agree and thats what Im doing here... I jst want my POV heard.

I really shouldnt have made the post and If I did I should have made it more of a personal opinion than getting on my soapbox but I stand by what I say.

WE (I) LOVE U ANDYAMINE :wub: :wub:

"HG, is it deja vu or is your writting style very familair? "

Hey AA, u seem 2 suffer a bit of deja vu :P , It could b SOB for all I know but once again his spellink is 2 good.

Edited by shruman

The writing style does seem very familiar however HG seems well enough behaved that I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Fenris

My main point is that since he got busted for his Cut&Paste behaviour he is jst making his posts more and more offensive and because people arent reading his posts as much he is posting offensive topic lines instead of curious ones.

All this is only to see how long it will last, not because he wants to give you interesting reading material, so why put us through it, why not jst start warning him or banning him now, as it will happen eventualy.

All of this said, I was wrong to feed the fire.. LOL.. so Ill shutup now..

p.s Thanks Jono :wub: thanks fellas. :wub:

Guest homoGenius
i see both side of the arument but in terms on contribution to the overall "scene" of the forum, i have not seen one post (apart from his very first) that is about ethnobotical value.

sure its cool and fun to to talk about other issues then just plants as we are a community with ideas on things other then plants, but WS doesent contribute to the plant section of the forum and only recently has he started to conguer up his own words on other issues (apart from his own).

I dont mind if he goes or stays, but if he does stay then i would think he should be judged like every other member who would post the kind of stuff he posts. it looks to me, because of his criticisms from other members he seems more justifiable in being able to post what he does. and yes, i also use the veiw new posts feature and its hard not to bump into his threads and mostly irrelevantly posts in other peoples threads.

I think its ok to tolerate someone over a few posts and such but when 90 percent of the posts are, weird to say the least then we cant just blindly tolerate everyone due to principles.

Im not saying to ban him, but at very least moderate him and one of the mods should tell him bluntly whats what if he wants to stay.

Did i just take the bait? damn lol

What I do personally is accept I don't know the context of other member's online lives. So what I do is imagine that person might be a wheelchair dependent person who isn't able to get out at all and has no outlet in their life apart from this. They might even be deaf aswell. Who knows.

Do you get pissed off when you see the intellectually disabled hopping from leg to leg and grunting in the library. How about their drool?

You can't just eject them for being different.

dont put words into my mouth homo and try make me to be the bad guy.

your new to the forum, or supposedly so, so you dont know the history of the situation unless youve read the last year or so of his posts in less then a month that you have been here.

I dont mean to sound aggressive but it seems youve just recently jumped into the conversation about him.

"intellectually disabled"? your words, not mine.

Seems people feel pity of the "intellectually disabled"

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

I can see where this thread is going to go, may as well close it now and ponder upon the topic of it.

the mods have to do something, like AA said, if they dont do it now ittle jus keep going and it will happen sooner or later unless he changes.

and i would also suggested T or anyone else with IP tracking powers to try lookout for WS other accounts ( no doubt he has more,given the facts Coin posted on his thread.)

Thats all from me

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

Oh for fuck's sake.

Im actually really suprised by the amount of uproar over WS. Maybe im a simple guy, but it seems to me to be ridiculously easy to just 'not read' the stuff that you don't want to read.

In my opinion, what's really wrong with this forum is cocksuckers like Shroomytoonos, Tepa, JoP etc (in that order).

While WS may post a fairly large amount of garbage to the forums, he also posts some really good quality stuff from time to time. I believe that he has posted without a doubt the best poll to ever be posted on these forums, and he is also responsible for one of my favourite posts here too. But all of this aside, good or bad..... at least he contributes SOMETHING.

I speak to a lot of old time forum members over the phone and in person, pretty regularly. It's always sad to discuss what has become of the SAB forums, how they've gone so completely to the doghouse. The problem with these forums isn't Warrioe Sage, it's noise making, one sentance posting, rampant post inflating wankers.

If you ask me it's not WS that should be banned, it's the display of Post Counts. Maybe that would help turn things around here, maybe not. I've never seen the forums in such a shit state of affairs as they are now.

What this forum needs is more people like greendreams. Fuck yeah.

You noise making faggots (you know who you are) should look to people like him with admiration and respect, and maybe try contributing something worth reading instead of using these forums as a fucking chat room.

yours lovingly

in the pants

-Chemical Shaman

Guest homoGenius
I believe that he has posted without a doubt the best poll to ever be posted on these forums, and he is also responsible for one of my favourite posts here too.

Can you share these two nuggets with people like me who missed them?

WS garbage threads/posts will be deleted on site (in Chill at least).

I have no problem with the recent bestiality/pedophilia news (actual articles, with actual discussion) articles, considering they were clearly defined in the topic title/description it should be a no brainer to avoid them if you don't want to read about it.

I found the WACO thread informative, too.

Don't think the deletion policy just applies to WS, I promise to delete anything I deem worthless.

I'd suggest WS start a blog but I doubt he/she would enjoy it without all the attention they get here.

Edited by apothecary

Guest Øskorei

Has anyone noticed that, despite the good humour and great little chuckle, that Greendreams might well be the most unstable, least trused person amongst us ? He plays the game, receives the public quackolades (yes), yet burns a little more psyched-out stuff into the community meme with each new post? There are demons amongst us, and they lurk within many hosts. Be careful, chil'dern. Watch out for the twist 'n turns. Lock down the firewall, GD has been fair enough to pre-warn us.

Under the spreading chestnut tree, I sold you and you sold me

George Orwell is a prophet, and I cannot understand why more people aren't interested in the words of such a grand futurist. Eric Blair is my L.Ron. (whoops, too much personal information about me-sellve)

AndyAmine: I really shouldnt have made the post and If I did I should have made it more of a personal opinion than getting on my soapbox but I stand by what I say.

Is that what is considered a paradox ? You regret & affirm in one sentence. Craaaaazy. Ban AndyA ! Just kidding. Guy, if they're your thoughts at the time, so be it. But be humble enough to realise that opinions change once further thoughts are ingested. That's what make human interacrtion so great !

I'm dead serious when I say that's a doubleplus good post. Subtle but direct and says alot very economically.

So economical you re-posted it immediately below in it's entirity :wink:

And JoP, I think you need to chill out a bit... the way you write makes you an argument vortex.

This is an internet forum.

Perspective.

Edited for spelling

Edited by MORG

It's always sad to discuss what has become of the SAB forums, how they've gone so completely to the doghouse.

Bit melodramatic, aren't you? Oh forgot, yes you are.

The problem with these forums isn't Warrioe Sage, it's noise making, one sentance posting, rampant post inflating wankers.

yes!!!!!! Have been discussing this with some mods and some of the elder members and the concensus seems to be that those who do the most harm are actually totally oblivious to the fact. I don't really want to single anyone out, but the most obvious one is JoP. There is a pointless one line comment from him in almost every post in every forum. Usually followed by a pointless reply from shroomytoonos. Now, these guys also do plenty of good contribution, but geez, they obviously have too much time on their hands.

Folks, a good rule of thumb is that if you don't think at least 25% of the readers are interested in your comment or see some value in it, then maybe DON'T bother posting it. Another good rule of thumb is to think 10 years into the future and consider if the post you are about to write is something you will be proud of in 10 years time.

The problems on this forum are not WS and not even sobriquet [in his various reincarnations], but rather that people seem to love the sound of their own voices - or in this case maybe their inflated postcount.

I've never seen the forums in such a shit state of affairs as they are now.

Get over it! People grow up, move up, and move on. A forum can't stay the same source of info for the same group of people forever. But to breeze in here just to have a whinge about the good old days does not help the forums one bit. If you like the forums the way they were then shape them to be that way. not by telling other what to do, but by doing it yourself.

What this forum needs is more people like greendreams. Fuck yeah.

You noise making faggots (you know who you are) should look to people like him with admiration and respect, and maybe try contributing something worth reading instead of using these forums as a fucking chat room.

There will always be a mixture of teachers, learners and chatters on a forum like this. Getting the mixture right is critical to the health of the forum. Since the demise of EBA this mix has been a little off, but lately the mods and admin have been trying hard to get things back on track. But this is not something that can be enforced from the top down, it must come from the bottom up.

Bottom line is that there is more good content on these forums than ever before, but there is also a shitload more total content and a lot of it is crap. Like everywhere else on the web, we all just have to learn how to filter more efficiently.

oh, and yes, the team will be cracking down more on useless posts, especially in the on topic forums.

Guest Øskorei

Morg meant to say "Spellink". Hey dude, anymore RBG shots ? We should have lunch sometime in the park :)

Dudes into rock vibes should listen to more "Clutch" and chill out. Hit up the Limewire and d/l "Rock and Roll Outlaw" then post your thoughts back here.

The rest of you precious ones should really slash your wrists, there's no place for the feeble in the new millennium if you can't deal with an online weirdity like WS or others. Life really isn't that warm & fuzzy in that everything works in your favour.