The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
hebrew

Zornia

when EBA was still online there was an ffer to test out some zornia, i think it was darcy that put it up for offer, i forget now, bu ti pit my hand up and thought i better do that write up about the plant

i cant recall teh complete name of the herbm zornia D????

anyway the material that i was sent i rolled into a cigarette with some mapacho.

i went outside to sit under the stars and moon and smoked the sucker.

it smoked really well and was quite pleasant to smoke.

halfway through the smoke i started to feel light and zoned out.

after completing the smoke i was in a mild trance like state very dreamy and was quite nice bodily sensation as well.

i let the feeling guide me and i had closed eyes as that felt the way it needed to be, my body was still and relaxed and mildy euphoric but not overly, i had these trance like dreams which i forget what were about but i coudl feel a connection with the zornia there, my mind difted off into the trance and i had mental images of things sort of like a daydream. i do get that with mapacho so these 2 complemented each other about 15 - 20 minutes later i sort of woek up from the trance and went about my business feeling relaxed and calm, i would like to experiement with the herb again one day as i feel it is quite a useful plant for conecting with the dreamworld. larger doses coudl be ver interesting as well.

so there we go

i wonder if anyone else gave it a shot woudl lvoe to hear of other experiences.

Sounds interesting :)

I did some searching and came up with these Zornia spp.

Zornia diphylla

Zornia disticha

Zornia dyctiocarpa

Here are some pics of dyctiocarpa.

Pics from a botanic gardens site:

Zornia_dyctiocarpa_plant_177.JPGZornia_dyciocarpa_flower_177.JPGZornia_dyctiocarpa_fruit_177.JPG

These are from Herbalistics Gallery:

Zornia3.jpgZornia1.jpg

Might be the one your after :)

It was darcys Zornia diphylla.

Sounds interesting, I wonder how much it really needs the mapacho for synergy

Guest Øskorei

Interesting - Ive got a bag of this as well that was chucked in with some stuff I ordered a while ago, and am waiting for the right time to try it out (IE right head space to appreciate subtlety). Hebrew, you mixed with tobacco (err, ok mapacho), was that from a cigarette or dried from a plant uncured ?

EDIT: I should mention that I have z.dyctiocarpa not z.diphylla as Auxin suggests you have

Edited by Øskorei

yeah i would like to see what it is like without the tobacco, yes it was cure mapacho not from a cigarette.

it was one of the 2 mentioned above i forget maybe darcy may say what it is i threw the bag away and didnt write it down :BANGHEAD2:

hey hebe, it was Zornia dyctiocarpa, an Aussie native Zornia species (found it growing in my lawn), believe there is another one or two species around the country as well, one up in the NT. To me it smells spicier than Z. diphylla, almost makes me sneeze. Sound slike it might be bettere than diphylla, i had similar effects from diphylla. Thanks for sharing. :)

thats really cool it grows in yoru lawn i should go and have a look see around the place for some, any pics of it?

Check the second post :wink:

Or are they not showing up?

hehehe woopsies forgot that you posted photos

Guest Øskorei

It's so cool that Herbalistics gives occasional freebies of lesser-known ethneos sometimes with decent sized orders. yet another reason why the store is always a pleasure to deal with. And a good opportunity for feedback on what might be an otherwise overlooked plant ally.

Of course with all the 'guinea-pigging', they sometimes mysteriously lose the occasional customer :wink: Just kidding folks, those 'listics people are great online vendors for plants & herbs.

So Hebrew is 'mapacho' specifically a terminology for n.rustica, or do you use the term for any naturally grown tabacum ? And dude, care to post a "How-To" guide on your curing tek ?

what are the actives in this species... anyone got a list of specific active species?

heyya, mapacho is N rustica yes. that is what i call rustica, in the tradition of its name in south america.

curing well its tricky, curing it seems you could spend a life time perfecting the art of curing, so this is what i have learnt so far.

Tst had posted here a tek i like to use it works well and the smoke is quite good when it is done, put in a plastic bag for however long it takes and then dry it in teh sun, i would dry it in the sun not to crisp then make a plug out of it and chop it fine.

mapacho is also cured in equador by smoke, so i figure the mapacho is kept above a fire until it is done. i dotn really know more than that but i still haev not much idea abotu curing so not the best person to ask. you can also let it sit in a pile turnign every few dasy to stop mold until it goes the right colour, but really i dont know, at coffinnails the forum, the guy over their has directions to build a curing chamber which works well apparently.

i would love to know how to make a maso

Guest Øskorei

edit

Edited by Øskorei