The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ramon

Shrooms in South East Queensland

Guest Ramon

Anyone care to share some information on Shrooms in this area.

via this forum or email.

Guest UV1

Copelandia cyanescens seems to be the commonly found species. Infact the only species I've seen, but then again I've only checked out the area local to me.

Also Psilocybe cubensis if I recall correctly. Since it varies in appearance so much, perhaps check out the pictures in John Allen's book, magic mushrooms of aus and nz, online at erowid.

from this post, do you mean locations of growing spots? or the specific mushrooms?.

I personally, could not tell a magic mushroom from their toxic friends, but I have heard rumours of Magic Mushrooms in Different areas.

To start off with. In Magic Mushrooms of aus and NZ which was mentioned by rkundalini, there is a picture of a specimen that was found in Indooroopilly by the river. I think I know a few spots that could quite possibly have them growing, two of them being right near the Walter Taylor bridge.

Also, there are meant to be shrooms growing in the cow paddocks out near Pullenvale, Bellbowrie and Brookfield.

Hope this helps you. I coudl do a bit more asking around for more info if you want.

Guest Ramon

I am mainly interested in growing spots.

I started looking for these fungi's last year but to no avail. I am particularly interested in spots where I do not have to trespass.

The thing that started me thinking was. I was at Goomburra national park earlier this year. There was cows everywhere and I am sure if it had rained some mushrooms would have come up. But this is about two hours drive from Brisbane and I would prefer to know if the right mushrooms are there before I start a four hour round trip.

Also I was suprised to see in some American posting that some mushrooms can be found in there suburbs and cities. Particularly in the yards of department stores which look after their lawns. Just wondering if this the situation in Australia as well.

I can remember earlier this year when Indooroopilly High fertilsed its oval, after it rained for a few days, there were mushrooms growing all over the place. I wouldn't actually know if these were of the kind that you'd be interested in observing though.

I'm not too sure you'd find any mushrooms anywhere at the moment, since we haven't had any rain in how long? making all the grass that is usually green brown.

I'll ask around some of my teenage dero friends if they know any spots.

-bumpy