The Corroboree
No_One

Drugging Other People

Hahahaha, that would be funny!!!

Nah drugging people is very bad. Would not be nice.

I know, I didn't say it would be nice, I just want to know if anyone knows of anything like this happening... Obviously, it is totally unethical to do something like this (I don't think anyone who has LSD really gives a fuck if its legal or not), but I still want to know how different people would react, especially those who have no prior experience with these substances. Its like the way medical knowledge increased as a result of Nazi medical experiments.

Shit, I just depressed myself :(

IllegalBrain re: your questions, a situation i know of regarding LSD. A few years ago, a family foaf...young man (late teen) was dosed in his drink without knowledge at a party, he suicided from it either later that night or over the following days. He had no prior experience with anything other than alcohol afaik and from my understanding it absolutely did his head in, and for good reason IMO.

The details were a bit vague, and might not have even been completely accurate, but from the communication I had, this is what occurred. Anyhoo not a positive experience, but this is how this young man reacted to it afaik.

hehe apologies for the shortness, cactus (knuthianus) needled fingers seized up :blink:

I think Benzito put it well. Someone who's not used to psychedelics would indeed flip out. I think most people who are familiar with psychedelics would know that they had somehow ingested a psychedelic once the effects were coming on, and would be able to give a pretty educated guess as to what the exact chemical was. It would be pretty scary at first because you wouldn't know how much you had had or how hard it was going to hit you, but once it was in full swing, if it wasn't to intense, you could just chill out and enjoy it and wonder who the fuck dosed you. But for someone who's never had a psychedelic it would be terrifying.

The psychedelic experience can be terrifying even if a person knows roughly what they are in for, and many people choose never to repeat the experience. Just because we like/gain something from the experience doesn't mean everyone will. I've seen people who knowingly have taken a substance, and have been very educated on the subject prior to embarking, think that what they are experiencing is independent of the ingestion of the drug. They may be frightened and think that there are really things to be more frightened of, or they may be having a spiritual awakening that they don't believe could have been induced by the drug. Imagine how amplified this would be if one didn't know they had taken a drug.

As for MDMA, I think Warrioe-Sage said it...MDMA turns people into fuckwits. Why call something an empathogen when it makes you totally egocentric? ...why isn't it called an egogen?

oh shit, I just agreed with WS, lol

maybe you could slip them rohypnol, and show them some loving.... its not cool to drug people...

I got the oppotunity to slip myself some rohypnol recently - turned my drink green and I passed out before I could rape myself. Shame that... I'm not kidding either, it was the best sleeping pill I ever tried.

On the otherhand what would people say to drugging people (say a closed minded parent :wink:) with threshold (or less) doses of triptamines\phenethylamines, or for that matter homeopathic tryptamines\phenethylamines???

Edit: Also if somebody slipped me 100mg of MDMA without telling me and then 45minutes later told me I would be over the moon, but if somebody did it with acid when I was in a bad mood I would never speak to them again afterwards.

I also don't see how MDMA turns people to into assholes, considering if I was on MDMA at a party and my friend (or even a person I met that night) was having a bad night I would be the one racing off and coming up to him with a cup of tea.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

Guest Øskorei

Ballzac's on the money in his post that reads:

The psychedelic experience can be terrifying even if a person knows roughly what they are in for, and many people choose never to repeat the experience.

Countless weed stoners (mostly younger) read all about these powerful experiences through the internet, but simply fail to recognise the wise words of guidance, preferring to look only at the 'Whoa, man" aspect. So off they go, armed with a million-cone MJ history, a couple of dozen street trips and a few mushrooms under their belt, and expect that they can deal with psycho-actives. Fact is, many people get fucking frightened when they are staring down the vortex-barrel of DMT or Salvia (alternative to pot, LOL, fuck off!), and freak out big-time. Many don't return for another go, or if they do, it's soon dropped once they realise its not a 'social' thing, and it's not a 'drug'.

So imagine then, if people who have experiences with psycho-actives are freaked, what then of those who have been no more altered than a dozen beers down the gullet ? Many of us who are drawn to forums such as this are knowledgeable in the theories, and know how to approach a substance. As also mentioned by others, if administered an unknown psychoactive, we'd be mentally armed enough to ride it through if it were administered unwittingly. Someone with no prior experience would have no idea what was going on. Apart from his 'mates' laughing at his distress, which would only worsen the situation for the victim (yes, Victim!)

Sphinx's example of rolling a few doobies with 'mystery substance X' isn't really an unwilling administration from his mates - they know that they're going to be experiencing SOMETHING, to are psychologically fore-warned for a journey. It sounds more like a "Hell yea, Sphinxy's in da house, hope he's packing some brain-guns". Dude, invite me to your next party, eh ? :)

I'v read some seriously poor shit online about people who administer drugs to their 'mates' only to have them freak out. And this is on interest specific forums *cough cough*shroomery*drugs-furm*cough. And the general immaturity and disrespect (for substances & people's well being) is thankfully not present here...... well at least in the sense of ethno usage. The with-hunting is another matter entirely, but a subject for other threads cooking ATM.

Ultimately, if we want to share an experience with a friend, theoretical education needs to be the highest & most important point in the process before the ingestion/inhalation/insufflation/injection moment occurs. As a decimally-stated miniscule minority (as caretakers of the earth's many gifts), it is our responsibility to ensure that no-one fucks up with the lesser-knowns............

what about feeding people the whizzer? not that i approve of that stuff, but it's hardly likely to cause a freak-out. just say the person in question enjoys the gear. they'd start acting the part without even realising it. i confess that i have done this once :| i know, i suck.

By whizzer you mean speed I assume.

Some years ago a mate & I bought a gram of speed to make the drive across the Nullabor more interesting. I'd had speed quite a few times and quite liked it. I ate some about 11 hours out of Adelaide as I recall. Mate didn't want some because he said the past few times he tried it (different batch) he said he felt a bit crook. Anyway, I started enjoying myself so he said fuckit, give me some. I did, and shortly after I became violently ill, unimaginably bad headache and non-stop vomiting. I kept drinking water and immediately throwing it up (it didn't hurt as much as when i had nothing to thorw up). I truly thought I was going to die. My mate stopped at the first road house and asked where the nearest doctor was - about 160km as I recall. Luckily I started coming good shortly before we got there (so we just kept going).

The mate I was travelling with and another later in Perth finished off the bag of speed with no ill effects. I have never touched it since. At least something positive did come from this awful experience.

My point in relating this story is that you just don't know how someone else might react. Imagine if the person you had given the speed to without their knowledge had a similar reaction, or worse. If that happened to me I'd make sure the person wasn't capable of doing it again to anyone else.

Even when I provide things to my friends I always remind them of the risks beforehand because I don't want anything bad on my consience.

Guest Øskorei
what about feeding people the whizzer?

Yea, and say they had a heart condition or blood pressure issues they didn't tell you about? And they died. That would be a consideration for manslaughter wouldn't it ? Even close mates not necessarily let on about heath conditions.

Unless you mean serving a fruit-punch at your next party spiked with your own urine. :blink:

i said "say this person likes to get on the gear"

so i knew what was going to happen. he was going to start working his jaw and chatting our ears off then he was going to approve when we told him.

i'm not defending our actions because they were wrong but this person was our BROTHER so the unknown health problems argument is meaningless.

the only real reason for doing it was to get around giving any to his girlfriend :| i'm sure she felt most ripped-off anyway, but hey, i paid for the filthy stuff.

"I have never touched it since. At least something positive did come from this awful experience."

couldn't agree more with that statement. your experience is weird though, i've never heard anything like it. i'd be inclined to think you were going to be sick anyway.