The Corroboree
Coschi

MELBOURNE FINDS !!!!

Well temperatures are low today in melb, so if we all do a rain dance....:)

so really

subs season is ment to be may-aug right

i havent seen any for a couple weeks in the patches i know of

what are the changes there will be anymore this season?

should i bother going and looking for more?

ALWAYS

and elf told me he went sub hunting the other day and discovered very very poor yields down here. He declared sub season is officially OVER down here. The remnants he found were severely rotten and other patches just had no fruit grown back whatsoever. Additionally high yielding patches had also been overtaken by monstrous growth of clovers making fruit IMPOSSIBLE to find and grow in.

Edited by SaBReT00tH

el_barto all you are really waiting on is some decent rain and some cold nights, if we get that then there is large potential for more fruits to appear, the season can often run quite late IME.

sabre if there is vegetation growth, often that is more beneficial than anything. Mushrooms can break cement so I don't think clover will be much of a problem :)

And yeah take PD's advice, it's always worth having a look, there are many micro-climates around in areas it's just a matter of finding them. Besides why can't you just go and have a nice walk and enjoy nature instead of only going out when you think you'll get a reward!

Mushrooms can break cement

WTF? Really? That'd be impressive to watch! All I seem to picture is Coshi's avitar bashing his 'head' on a footpath... :P

Would he end up with a 'gill-ache'? :lol:

Howdy Ace

http://books.google.com/books?id=NPI8_-omz...zyHrY#PPA217,M1

check out page 217...there are also some other shots floating around in books and on the net. Also I think someone from this forum posted a shot one day?

Anyway the above link is briefly taking about Coprinus.

careful...with those witty remarks you might be turning into shroomy lol oh dear, please don't hehe :)

Edited by gerbil

so really

I doubt you would find anything more than a few rotting patches in melbourne at the moment.

i was thinking of taking a roadtrip

there much action in NSW this time of year?

Gotta look harder for sure but they still flush.

smaller amounts yes, but still shreems. Got 25 fresh subs 3 days ago, lotsa old ones yes, but there were still pins aswell.

It aint over till ya stop lookin.

getting impatient ey? :):unsure:

Good cold snap last night, hit -3 around my parts and some nice rain leading up to it too.

Heres a couple of pics of some shroomies I found earlier this year. I found these guys in Melbourne's northern 'burbs. They were growing amongst pinebark in a residential garden. There were lots of overhanging plants and tufts of high-ish grass so there was a nice moist microclimate happening. I think from memory it was around mid June... although I might be wrong on that.

Did anybody else think that it was a very late shroom season in Melbs this year?

I used to say that Shroom season was around Easter but this year it was much later than that...

melbourneshrooms1ak0.jpg

melbourneshrooms2js2.jpg

so really

I didnt think that Shroom season lasted until August man... not in Melbs anyway. I would have said that from when you get the first flush of shrooms coming on in Autumn around April, you've really only got a 5-6 weeks before they stop growing. I dunno tho... maybe I just dont know the good spots :)

Hiya Lukas sp. :) they can run quite late in melbourne, i wouldn't be surprised if there is another flush this year, the cold is here, some rain has occurred but need some more, we had a good sporadic dump yesterday but it needs to stick around longer than 5 minutes hehe

Those are really beautiful photos you posted, I really like the bottom one, pristine specimens and a fantastic shot, you captured their nature/character incredibly well.

This is NE melb.

Here's one in early september 2006

gallery_239_4_60167.jpg

and some in later october 2005 (21-10-2005)

gallery_239_4_112450.jpg

They can flush after hot weather around spring time, but it still needs the cold snap and rain to follow the hot weather.

Edited by gerbil

I think Lukas was referring to how long shroom season lasts for us mere mortals :worship: hehe.

Those are really beautiful photos you posted...

Thanks man. I did touch em up a little bit in Photoshop... but just the colour ;)

Thats cool that your finding them so late in the season. I visited my usual shrooming spots this week but with no success unfortunately. Hopefully some will come up if we have a little more rain?

I like the close up in your first pic... you can see the blue veins on the stem!

Anyone find anything unusual this year?

I thought this was pretty unusaul. The only siamese subs ive ever found

edit:

Edited by Shroomeup

Cool :)

when I head out say about 200km east of Melbourne I find subs that barely even stain blue then the closer I get to Melbourne the more noticeable the blue stain gets to the point of where the whole mushroom will easierly stain ink blue

lol, I find the opposite where I am. My suburban patches don't even blue and I am told they are quite weak, whereas those from the forests are blue before I've touched them and I am told they are quite strong.

first

thank you for sharing the art what beautiful form and good shots

the two big ones growing near the stump i need to know where they growing off the stump

$200 for the man that finds an active species growing in dung this year...

Your on brother. Im sure I can find some more roo poo actives. Pretty sure theyre subs.