The Corroboree
naja naja

Ebay somniferum- lol

That's a lovely fluffy Poppie :)

Guest Øskorei

I sent a message to the seller with this question:

Hi, may I ask what makes you beleive that this as a p.somniferum ? It is unlike any that I've seen in the past, and wonder if it may be a rare cultivar. My limited experience would have NEVER picked that as a p.som.

Cheers, have a great weekend.

I sent a message to the seller with this question:

Hi, may I ask what makes you beleive that this as a p.somniferum ? It is unlike any that I've seen in the past, and wonder if it may be a rare cultivar. My limited experience would have NEVER picked that as a p.som.

Cheers, have a great weekend.

LOL... :lol:

umm, what do you guys think this is?

I am with the seller on this one.... I am not aware of any other annual species having frilly, fluffy or feathery petals.

thats looks spectacular and a double aswell :wub:

Im confused might be just the time :scratchhead: .. why is that not a somni? a sham wtf?

I´ve seen this one a few times on ebay before but not from the same seller. Allegedly it´s really a somniferum. It looks interesting and totally diffrent than other somniferums. bye Eg

I have seen that variety before. It's from Tas ;) A commercial variety shall we say.

And I don't think it's a scam or a sham, just a nieve or ignorant seller. Otherwise, if it were a bust, they'd actually have to honour all their other legal sales, which in their whole shop this is the only single dodgy listing.

Edited by naja naja

Guest Øskorei
I am not aware of any other annual species having frilly, fluffy or feathery petals.

Sydney Mardi Gras ? :)

I have seen that variety before. It's from Tas ;) A commercial variety shall we say.

And I don't think it's a scam or a sham, just a nieve or ignorant seller. Otherwise, if it were a bust, they'd actually have to honour all their other legal sales, which in their whole shop this is the only single dodgy listing.

I've seen the tassie one too and it wasn't frilly. This frilly one is sold as a popular ornamental in europe.

I believe there are several varieties like this. Type in "peony flowered poppy" into google images. Several pics will come up resembling this one. I think this is no more rare that double flowered brugs. Dangerous Dave use to grow a type very similar.

I don't think it's a scam or a sham, just a nieve or ignorant seller. Otherwise, if it were a bust, they'd actually have to honour all their other legal sales, which in their whole shop this is the only single dodgy listing.

I'm sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but I thought it was legal to buy and sell P. somniferum seeds within Australia. I know it's a prohibited import, but they're not actually illegal are they? Am I missing something?

Seeds are fine. The quantity & type probly indicates u would grow them but.

deleted (i can't see the pict on the ebay page and i don't want to answer a stupid thing )

Edited by VINS