The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Coschi

A concept...

too much molly has been had it seems, moods are swinging and even when there's no cause i'm feeling a little empty, or just lack of natural warmth. when we share our moments it's a sweet time for all, but recently those moments have been lasting for shorter and shorter periods..

now i'm assuming this is because molly releases serotonin, and perhaps i'm not eating well enough to have very good regulation in my body (possibly a lack of tryptophan in my diet means i'm not recovering as quickly.. i wonder what other essential amino acids i'm lacking?) anyway so the obvious choice is to back off a little, which is fine, however..

(stupid question, stupid approach, i know this, lets ignore those facts for the moment)

in substitution could said person take acid instead of molly nights for a month or so to let the natural serotonin regulation return and then employ a more balanced diet of psychoactives?

clearly excess molly use leads to serotonin depletion, combined with not getting enough tryptophan into your diet blah blah crappy feelings.. but does lsd have anything to do with serotonin release? what about cocaine?

STUPID QUESTIONS

yes i know, just curious about it..

haha, no, in this case, drugs are not the answer IMO - get out and get a bit of fresh air, plenty of excersize and you will start to feel good, and straight as a homophobe (or arrow, if you're that way inclined :P), possibly even clean as a bean. Then just enjoy the finer things in life occasionally, not religously :)

Think about a detox and clean up your system before getting back on the 'orse :wink:

Yeah man that's what i wanted to hear! :lol:

Ace for sure buddy i know that's the right answer, but i don't want to! It's just too much fucking fun, and if i have a night off i just feel 'lacking adventure' or something stupid like that

actually i'm really healthy, two bananas a deal, certainly no lack of tuna, good meals, and i ride my bicycle about an hour a day (to and from work) so i think i'm alright..

The question is actually a brain chem one, i know mdma fucks with the serotonin production and expectation, but what does lsd screw with?

The question is actually a brain chem one, i know mdma fucks with the serotonin production and expectation, but what does lsd screw with?

Your diet seems like a good way to let the body rebalance itself. There is only so much damage the body can repair in a given time and eventually any deficit will accumulate. The body can repair best when not exposed to any damage of that type for a while. ie, do not do anything that will deplete your serotonin or dopamine system and you will probably bounce back real quick. Taking TOTAL breaks from a drug [or group of drugs] is better than reducing intake and keeping a low regular intake.

The good news is that shrooms and acid won't deplete these systems, so just stay off the pills and powders for a few weeks and go nuts on the psychs.

The good news is that shrooms and acid won't deplete these systems, so just stay off the pills and powders for a few weeks and go nuts on the psychs.

Ok, that's what i wanted to hear :lol:

Not just because it's good news, because that's what i thought the situation was

Thanks T :)

torsten, I was under the impression that shrooms will suppress serotonin production as psilocin temporarily steps in as a neuro-transmitter. I am also under the impression that the body cannot naturally build up serotonin back to ioriginal levels. I believe that ssri's are the main drug family to act on this system, to help build up serotonin levels. I believe that kanna acts in the same way, which could be used as a natural, (and safe according to all accounts) to allow the body to build up your serotonin levels.

Edited by shroomytoonos

also I believe having a low level of serotonin will increase the likely hood of a 'bad' trip.

I avoid MD only because my serotonin level is very important to me, I can't justify the reduction in serotonin with a 5 hour high. I'm a little jealous of the magical few who don't get any comedown from MD.

i come down hard from 'pills'

pure mdma i have no come down

not kidding, i seriously don't get it

people say pills have a lot of 'shit' in them which i don't really understand, they say people are putting k in there, speed in there... if someone has pure mdma why would they then source speed, and k, which all cost money anyway and put it in there? why not just leave it as mdma?

as i said, pure pure mdma (5mm square crystals) and no comedown

pills and i feel like utter shit afterwards..

the only time i had 'pure' mdma was a couple of years ago. I went halves in a point with a mate at the end of an woodrose trip. It was nicer than any strong arse pill and yeh no comedown but I can't consider this because we only had half a point. I presume it was cut so maybe 40 mgs MD, either way it was very nice.