The Corroboree
Greeny

What is your Belief?

Guest Warrioe-Sage
I believe in Mind / God / Consciousness as the unifying 'essence' which connects all things. 'Connect" is the wrong word. it IS all things. It exists as information, meaning, art and spirit simultaneously. Both quantitative in that it has substance and qualitative in that it is experiential and all about personal experience, personal notions of truth and beauty etc... But eh i understand that in its entirety it is transpersonal. So it only becomes personified when it is split into seperate egos expereicnging themselves subjectively. By this division we see thigns with a perspective, rahter than being omnipresent and all seeing. This creates some kind of beauty, the imperfection, the fall from grace, the fall from unity and everything (which gets boring). Out of the shism of spirit into seperate parts comes change via increasingly imperfect forms, iterations. Infinite variation which is infintly complex yet unified by some sort of harmonic, geometric principles, which are Perfect, but they exist in a Perfect Realm.. not the physical, they are the templates which we emulate, which nature emulates, however imperfectly, perfect enough to be beautiful, imperfect enough to allow for variation...

The forces of Darkness are necessary, for were there no fall, there'd be no resolution and no joy in climbing the mountain.

Synchronicities are meaningful symbols directly communicated from the most highest self, to a part of self. They connect, through meaning seperate events in space time. In a way that a thought and an event in consensus reality is so profoundly linked with meaning that it seems as though a dream, waking up and being more realistic one realises... life IS a dream

since i was a wee kid I've had coincidences happening WAY too often. selective assoication was a reason i humoured for a while until i got more realistic. What kind of skpetical crap is that? the funny thing is, the less skeptical I am the more i get to chat with god.

1st coincidence i can recall now.. in primry school or early highschool walking home had teh song "Pearl Jam - take a bottle drink it down pass it around" literally stuck in my head the whole day, i dont necessarily listen to THat song all that much, no real reason for it to get stuck, maybe i really wanted to get drunk... anyway at home, go to take a shower, turn on radio. Bang! 1st song on the radio.. since then don't get me started on how many times the radio and tv copy me!

One thing thats sitting in my head here is how synchronicities can help out... Again in the shower, with radio on.. i was thinking about the usual spiritual bullshit. I got to thinking, hey beliefs dont matter so much in their details.. jus that there is faith.. i figured i'd go to the catholic priest from my school and tell him i reckon christianity is a bunch of shit mostly, but i still want the prayers of his congregation cuz any belief held by a large percentage of the population has a global effect on everyone regardless of their personal belief, so because this chrisitnaity's been going for a while, has a bit of momentum, may as well reap some benefits, please pray for me farther, it can be like.. y'know the new churches where they unite together and forget about differences, even between totally different religions? one love yeh? wats that word mun?

"Non Denominational" says the radio man, later admiting it was a totally random word with no point in it being said... "random" eh?

and u see this was a delayed broadcast so my coinciding thought here must have known it was going to coincide before! it could send that signal to the radio man 1/2 hr earlier!

thats teh last thing... Synchronicities underly the mechenations of cause and effect as they are not subject to it, rather the other way around.. likewise it must seem that consciousness preceeds matter.. mind OVER matter. however we experience but a slice at a time.. but my higher self already knew the before before it happened.. i guess. Consciousness and Mind, transcending all dimensions as Part of all dimensions, are not restricted to one directional movement in the dimension of time as it transcends it, hence timeless! meaning time travel is possible, in the minds eye.

Meaningful?? not really?? happening with increasing frequency? Fuck Yeah!! They're not meaningFUL.. but the meaning is there that my mind and the causal mechanics of physics are interwoven. Every Synchronicity has always been uncontrolled. but with a little effort, I'm seeing 11:11 and 23 everywhere, what good does that do me though?

Ask and ye Shall receive?

message are we sending when we complain about life?

Yeah "the Secret" got to me too it's all quite Blatantly Obvious, Secret aint the most appropriate term.

i had mentioned a movie called called the "law of attraction" in another thread and forgot about the other movie call "fatal attraction"!?it seems to me that to many of us are easily triggerd into the trap of the fatal attraction scenario!?that the idea of the world gettin smaller as they say and the media coverage of any and every little thing under the sun called newsworthy or more specifically rumor worthy has us all on edge!?information overload leading to insanity/depression!?and i just caught up a remark about FOCUS!?and i have to say that it is a very important point!?people could be discribed by their focus in/on life!?and i dont mean forced concentration!?i mean the existance of the bright idea and the possibility of attaining such a state of mind on a continual basis!?the actual living in the cause of such a thing!?and it does seem to be a SECRET kept from the bulk of society/humanity!?best learned/discipled from someone who already has it under control!?hehe!!....just a.s.k.n....

i believe all existence is a joke and psychedelics are the punchline

i believe 'god' or whatever is just sitting back laughing at us all

i believe A LOT of people take themselves, money and 'spirituality' way too seriously

i believe bills hick's statement "it's just a ride" is probably the smartest thing i've ever heard

i believe bills hick's statement "it's just a ride" is probably the smartest thing i've ever heard

I want to know who originally came up with the 'buy the ticket, take the ride' concept, somehow I doubt it was him, it started way before that. But it's a good way of looking at life. It's just a ride. When ecstacy is experienced, or ego death and one realises all this is an illusion, you try to make the most of the virtual reality GAME you are playing, why take it seriously... the thing is material distractions and human drama and all these little nagging problems distract us from the reality of life as play and we start taking shit seriously again. It's like taking the bible seriously = pretty fucking stupid. If you look at life as an interplay of symbols and meaning to promote consciousness evolution, you see the bigger picture and you think about influencing it, instead of your own insignificant life, that is you try to make your life significant - to influence the bigger picture.

FOCUS!!! = key word.

I think I've got all the theoretical work done, now i need to practice what i preach and stop taking the world too damn seriously.

i seriously have no ken idea

i dont think anyone has ever known and i dont think anyone will ever know what the fark is going on around us,,

and if someone did know the ;reasons' behind 'It all' what would be the purpose being alive?

it would make being alive in this dimension/time real boring i think.

Nah i think that we, we being EVERYTHING, is 'GOD" "THE UNIVERSE" (for lack of a better word) trying to find out what the fuck it is./we are. I dont think it/we has a clue at all, and we , we being 'EVERYTHIING" are 'GOD" / "the universe'trying to figure that out.

Just my thoughts. Like i say, i really have NFI.

i seriously have no ken idea

i dont think anyone has ever known and i dont think anyone will ever know what the fark is going on around us,,

and if someone did know the ;reasons' behind 'It all' what would be the purpose being alive?

it would make being alive in this dimension/time real boring i think.

Nah i think that we, we being EVERYTHING, is 'GOD" "THE UNIVERSE" (for lack of a better word) trying to find out what the fuck it is./we are. I dont think it/we has a clue at all, and we , we being 'EVERYTHIING" are 'GOD" / "the universe'trying to figure that out.

Just my thoughts. Like i say, i really have NFI.

Aye, i agree. All is all figuring all of itself out. ie: we are parts of the universe (everything / god) but we are seperated from totality in order to experience it. There cannot be an object without the observer, there cannot be an observer without an object to observe. We NEED to be seperated from ourselves in order to see ourselves, from an outsider point of view, so it is like we're all looking at other fragments of ourselves because we've seperated from the 'other' in order to see it, and in order for 'it' to see us, 'us' and 'it' being seperate perspectives of the same continuum or 'one'-ness or 'universe' or multiverse (which i reckon is a misnomer if the universe is a uniting universal construct, what we now call the spatial universe should be called such and the higher dimensional universe as such, you cannot have a construct thought to be all encompassing and universal by calling it 'multi' is all i'm saying. - im a nerd i reckon who gives a fuck about words so much? :scratchhead:)

I think of god as infinite, impersonal and all knowing, it is still and unchanging, the only change is our temporary perception of god, through the partially reflective mirror that is physical reality. There seems to be a possibility of the universe being an Infinite yet complete and closed system - that is to say god has a defined form or being, that is infinitley complex, god in its entirety knows what it is, but it cannot ever see itself as it is itself. There must be a mirror placed before it, that mirror is our subjective perceptions within seperately witnessed 'slices' of time that are themselves only cutting up the image so that we can see ourselves (god) as something seperate from 'totality.' so that we can take the time to appreciate the beauty of it all

The idea is that all possibilities exist within a higher dimension, where time is transcended, the idea of progress and flux and movement is a construct placed within the limiting dimension of time, where things appear transient, - where in a higher dimensional reality all things are eternal.

Within a higher dimensional perspective god knows what it is, much like the madlerbrot fractal set knows what it is (a very simple equation), however for there to be any joy in exploration and subjective experience, we must process it within a limited perspective to see each iteration for its individuality. "z <- z^2 + c where z = x + yi and c = a + bi" does nothing to describe the infinite beauty of it all.

Seeing the cohesive 'rules' or patterns that connect each individual moment or 'iteration' of the fractal of time is seeing god. Again saying Everything is Everything falls far short of experiencing the infinite as it happens.

As Above so below, if we can identify geometric constants that shape our physical dimensions, then using the holographic philosophy we may intuit, and then know and then see these geometric laws expressed in the processes of time.

Physical dimensions are much easier to see the fractal nature in where fractal shapes are found all through-out ...nature, with the divine ratio and the like. The fractal nature of time can only be 'seen' by connecting memories or information from 'seperate' instances of the continuum of time and somehow define their 'shape' or multitude, to be able to plot a graph of time verses 'event significance'.

Another method is to have a psychedelic revelation integrating the mayan astrological belief systems and mushroom visions that would convince you that the i-ching - itself a numerical representation of dna (i'll find the link) creates a fractal by which all the events of the universe (at least our collective perception of it) are defined.

My Hazy memory may have missattributed something here or there but that's the gist i got after reading something about Terrence McKennas Timewave Zero theory. His idea was that 'novelty' or change that is totally NEW (born of chaos) is the counterbalance to form or repetition that is re-affirming beliefs or things being as they are because they were as they were.. an object in motion tends to stay in motion unless a force is acted upon it - as well as physical objects this may as well apply to metaphysical objects or paradigms or thought constructs.

Terrence McKenna formulated a fractal pattern based on the i-ching with an exponential decrease in size over time, the dips in the graph were attributed to the 'novelty wave' - that is the chaos factor or how much creativity or change occurs, as the dips got lower the significance of the change increases, I do not remember the start date but the end date is set at the omega point that is the end of the mayan calender at 21 december 2012.

So the most convenient way to 'see' the fractal nature of time is to get a predefined fractal and overlay that on top of time and see how 'significantly' the events of history and pre-history match the fractal, one may be somewhat biased in how significant an event is and adjust it to fit the fractal, research Timewave Zero novelty wave and see for yourself how well it fits.

How to determine an events significance is a very dubious question as it's all subjective, the easiest way is to think of the entire universe and the significance of the event relative to the entirety of our universe's conscious experience.. which is kinda hard to get an 'objective' view on.

Also, what does that mean of the significance of the events happening around us within the universe as we're sfa significant? or are we :blink: maybe not the centre of the universe but possibly a centre of conscious life? within this temporally shared iteration of a physical dimension we co-inhabit. I'm more or less basing this on the Jewish Kabbalist belief that fully understanding the human being and its relationship to the environment is a way to fully comprehend the entirety of the universe (ie: god). So that is to say that the rest of the universe is merely a magnification or extrapolation of us. - Our experience is a slice of the self-silimar hologram - identical at any magnification of scale.

However having said that the way i see it we may as well be cells within a higher 'body' that is co-inhabited by other intelligent cells who says we're the only ones. Self similarity may as well imply sharing a higher body with 'alien' cells as much as it implies our supreme significance in the universe. Anyway I'm impressed by the jews in this instance as they all the way back then before the scientific model of a hologrpahic reality had this theory cranked, that the universe is self similar, man made in gods image, and vice versa, who makes who? The universe only exists so we can see it, so really we create the fucker. is that blasphemy calling the universe (ie: god) the fucker? I love the fucker though and i'm sure he feels the same, cuz i love me too. cuz god is a cool fucker, i should get over myself here...

The only reason we praise him so much is cuz we want to praise oursleves, being self similar and all, that's the inside joke, and when we fear god (that includes anything in the known universe.. or imagined) thats the even funnier shit, why be scared of me?

-did anybody read that? i wanna know how much time i can waste, it's only worth my waste of time if i can get at least 10 more wastes of time out of this...

I hope i at least sound like i know what i'm talking about but I have no idea... if anybody has any corrections or alternative viewpoints on the holographic universe philosophy / scientific theory I'd be glad to hear em.

[edit] wasting more of my time

Edited by The Dude

Hi All

The first verse of the Tao Te Ching reads

'The Tao which can be spoken of is not the eternal tao'

There is a place where reality is experienced 'as it is', and from this seeing, Zen or the Tao is seen.

Cheers

Awaken.

'The Tao which can be spoken of is not the eternal tao'

There is a place where reality is experienced 'as it is', and from this seeing, Zen or the Tao is seen.

completely true

but only by discussing the undiscussable.

Do we have a chance of approaching close enough to experiencing it. ( generally)

Hi Ramon

"Do we have a chance of approaching close enough to experiencing it. ( generally)"

.............................It is experiencing itself now...............

........................................................Get out of the way

Cheers

Awaken

'buy the ticket, take the ride'

Phrase was coined By Hunter S Thompson in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

The concept itself, I guess, is as old humanity and can be applied to everything from capital punishment to sex.

As far as my own beliefs go. I sit somewhere between Torsten and Greeny. I don't believe there is a god or an afterlife but that humans are pre programmed for spirituality (what evolutionary purpose it might serves is a topic for another thread). I also subscribe to the theory that some kind of "life energy" is recycled when you die. Whether the energy/soul whatever remains in any form which is recognisable as a piece of the deceased or it just dissapates into the universe like light does (I lean more to this way of thinking), who knows. But I feel certain there is some form of energy in living things which we are not yet able to measure.

Edited by Lono

.............................It is experiencing itself now...............

........................................................Get out of the way

:lol:

I believe in doubt :scratchhead:

I beleive in life on earth in all its insignificance and infinate importance

Edited by serenes

I beleive that we are all internal and all external.

I beleive that no matter who you are or who you arn't we are all seeking the exact same thing, a fulfilment that only god/nirvana/enlightenment/universal light/satan/spiritual plane integration/SELF can provide.

I beleive that earth and all her beautiful inhabitants are desperately seeking this truth, this acceptance this love and wholeness.

I beleive that earth is not the first to be on this journey and definately not the last.

I beleive that every religion and beleif at its core is correct and true, and that it is only through the corruption of the human mind that these truths are morbidly being preached.

I beleive that the spiritual plane/heaven is a place we can all access through ASC and that each visit has a lesson to be learnt.

I beleive that we will continue to receive the same lessons over and over if we choose.

I beleive that we will continue to be re-born on this earthly plane until such time as we have learnt the text and reached a place of being complletely at one with god/reached a state of enlightenment.

I beleive that new souls are being born into this dimension and with the amount of old souls not moving into the next dimension our population has increased dramatically and to a point where our mother is now struggling to suppport all her beautiful children.

I beleive that we are now, and have been for a while receiving help from our interstella brothers, who have moved into the next godly dimension; enter jesus, buddha, osho and all those other enlightened teachers (including that kid down the street who told you something once in passing which made you think about your actions for the rest of your life).

I beleive that we can gain energy through worship of our mother, as she has provided ALL our needs for this plane of existance, and that it is only through careful nurturing and understanding of her ultimate power to create and destroy that we can help her move through her current battles and continue to nurture us as a human race.

I beleive that as we can receive our lifeforce human energy through our mother earth, so too we can receive our lifeforce spiritual energy through our father heavens and stars.

I beleive that his universal energy is urging us to explore the stars and learn from our brothers who are already bathing in the completeness of heaven/enlightenment. I beleive both our mother and father play an equally important role within our evolution.

I beleive our sister animal beings who co-inhabit earth with humans, will and do show us signs to help us learn the lessons of the ultimate universal energy.

I beleive that we as shamans/warriors/light-energyworkers/alchemists have been given the unique gift of direct access to the soul and spirit to help our earthly community move through our lessons together, through healing, understanding and connection with other realms

I beleive that not only must we remember our tribal ancestory, but we must also honour our evolutionary discoveries of the present and future, and integrate the two, constantly recycling the understandings which no longer serve us and bringing in the new more refined energies.

I beleive that spiritual beings/ghosts/angels/faeries/demons/aliens etc may be energies that co-inhabit this physical plane, perhaps at a different time or location, but when the particular beings are gifted with sight we are able to assist each other through our evolutionary process.

I beleive in order to see, love and experience the light, we must also see, love and embrace the shade.

I beleive we are all perfect.

I beleive that through integration of all beleifs and love and understanding of everybodies differences we can change the way our world is

I beleive....................................

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving

And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,

That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,

A sun that is the source of all our power.

The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see

Are moving at a million miles a day

In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,

Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.

It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.

It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,

But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.

We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.

We go 'round every two hundred million years,

And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions

In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding

In all of the directions it can whizz

As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,

Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,

How amazingly unlikely is your birth,

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,

'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

:rolleyes:

'What is your belief?'

I'm still trying to work it out.

A lot of questions....and it seems like there aren't enough answers.

ASC may stand for the following (in alphabetical order):

* Accredited Standards Committee, a subdivision of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)

* Admiralty Sea Cadet, a 16 foot sailing dinghy in use with the Sea Cadet Corps in the UK

* Adult stem cell, undifferentiated cells found in the human body that perform repair-related functions

* Advanced Scientific Computer, a supercomputer design created by Texas Instruments Inc. in 1966

* Agnes Scott College, a private liberal arts college in Decatur, Georgia

* Airflow Sciences Corporation, an engineering consulting company in Livonia, Michigan

* Aldworth Science College, a secondary school in Basingstoke, Hampshire, England

* All Saints College, Maitland, secondary school in New South Wales, Australia

* Anti-Spyware Coalition, a group involved with certain computer software technology

* Ambulatory surgery center, a type of health care facility

* American Society of Cinematographers

* American Society of Criminology

* American Solar Challenge, a solar car race now known as the North American Solar Challenge

* American Southwest Conference, an athletic conference in the southern United States

* American Specialty Cars, an automobile parts manufacturer formerly known as American Sunroof Corporation

* Annenberg School for Communication

* Anglican Schools Commission

* Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, a collection of Old English books

* Anterior subcapsular cataract, a type of clouding of the eye

* Application Session Controller, an element of a telecommunications network

* Arcade style controller, a device used to play video games

* Area Signalling Centre, a building involved in the control of railway signals

* .asc, a computer filename extension sometimes used for text files, as an abbreviation to ASCII

* Association des Scouts du Canada

* Association of Speakers Clubs, a group of public speaking clubs in Britain

* Astronomy Summer Class, an annual function at The University of Hong Kong

* Australian Sports Commission

* Australian Submarine Corporation, a naval equipment manufacturer in Adelaide, South Australia

* Ashchurch for Tewkesbury railway station, a railway station in England (abbreviated per the National Rail code)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASC

hahaha tehehe Nabraxas, man that made me giggle :lol: sorry my bad ASC = altered states of conciousness, induced by various means eg; drumming, entheogens, meditation (to certain extent i guess) etc a state whereby a shaman travels to the spirit world, in control of his own actions although not his surroundings, generaly in search of an answer for healing purposes etc... :) journeying..

Bacchant, i freakin love your comment... puts it into beautiful perspective

ASC, Australian Shiatsu College.

Beliefs, yes i have some. I believe that what we do matters. That big life is made up of small details. That there's mystery in everything. That boredom comes from the mind. That we are capable of far more than we know. That wisdom comes with life experience rather than simply age, as not everyone continues to experience the moments that they live, some of us are not fully awake and alive. That television is not generally used in a way that is beneficial to society. That plants have awareness but not in the same way as people, their consciousness is utterly different. That the I Ching is useful and good. That compost and mulch are essential in good gardening. That love is not something to give up on. That doofing taught me manners, culture, community, responsibility, fun, love, and self-awareness. That old friends become even more treasured over time, and that new friends are exciting and wonderful because you have years ahead to discover them more and more. That children are wondrous beings, reflecting their circumstances and inheritance no matter what, yet each one filtering this through their own individual character and consciousness so that all are uniquely amazing. That any religion that seeks to make people feel bad about themself so they will need that religion to make them good again is best avoided. That food is good and chewing it properly helps. That meditation and good body-work can be as good as any drug. That I can never hope to understand everything but if I can get the simple things in my life going well I'll be as blessed as I need to be. That I am grateful for all I have and have been shown, for all the friendships, teachers, relationships I have had, and for my mind, my health, my body, my heart, my adventuring spirit, my family and for living in a country where in most ways I'm free to do and be as I choose.

If I have to give a label to my belief system or give myself a framework I'd say I'm a Taoist.

I believe...

Oh, who really cares, anyway?

in perfect balance in perfect beautiful all imbracing overcomeing overwelming all incompassing love that only a father who has had a child can know and that i found on my knees at the foot of the cross before a man whose feet i am on worthy to wash but one did with her tears and at their wedding feast oh their wedding feast the likes of which none have ever seen

and if i eat mushrooms to clear my head for prayer so what i dont tell others what they can or cant do with their life

under the mushroom i have seen the past the future like only a prophet should

real music about the shroom FREEDOM TRIBE on youtube

and when he had finished speaking he said a new commandment i give unto you that you should love one anouther even as i have loved you