The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
immanuel

dmt in acacia longifolia?

This morning SWIM saw these guys cutting down a pretty big acacia longifolia. He almost pulled over to ask if he could take some bark, but decided not too waste his time assuming longifolia was pretty variable just like acacia maidenii. But he wonders, is this true? Is longifolia variable in it's DMT content like maidenii is? Or is the 0.2% DMT report pretty reliable? Anyone done extractions on this tree and know whether it's reliable or not cause SWIM is seriously considering going back and getting some bark.

it's my limited understanding that it is questionable and generally not worth the trouble.

gah. that sucks cause i could of got a fair bit of it. oh well.

i have however never tried it myself so by all means your FOAF should give it a go!

his findings i'm sure will be very valuable to people and who knows, may be happily successful.

i think there is quite a lack of reports about this species

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away

Someone did attempt an extraction on longifolia. This was the first time they had attempted such a thing, their equipment was rudimentary, and they had never actually seen DMT before so they didn't know what to look for, but they did produce a small amount of yellow oil which, in retrospect, smelled very interesting.

Some time later, with improved equipment and abilities, a further extraction on the same tree was performed, with negative results.

I reckon longifolia is worth a go if you don't have access to anything else.

well swim doesnt really have anything else. he will go back and grab a few branches nonetheless. he plans to have a search for obtus, if that fails he'll give the longifolia a go. what would be the best way to store the branches/bark for about a week before performing an extraction?

strange. i can only veiw ethnobotany-australia.net if i do the 'cached' thing through google. apparently theres a fair few threads on extractions on a.longifolia but i cant get my hands on them cause for some reason the site wont work unless i 'cached' it :( can anyone try the site and see if it works for them? or is my computer just being a fag as usual.

EDIT: i managed to pull up a few through cached on a google search of 'ethnobotany australi longifolia extraction', turns out even worse than maidenii, one guy did extraction on 800g and got nothing.

Edited by mardybum

that site is dead i am sorry to say, there was alot of good info abotu acacia over there but alas it has gone to the internet gods LOL

Edited by hebrew

That is sad :(

Pitty it couldn't be made avalible as a DL'able archive.

my foaf tried maidenii with no success (method was far from tweaked for perfection but still would have given results...)

foaf then tried obtus (well at least he thinks it's obtus, from guides where he picked it up from it's either obtus or longifolia but most things point to obtus, maybe obtus, maybe longi, shutup fool) same method success :)

you haven't got much to lose, you can only get better at your technique and figuring out how to grind that damn bark, tell your foaf to just go for it :wink:

if you are going to chase longifolia might asw ell look at the following as well

common in suburbia or on the coast

A sophorae

A longissima

A fimbriata

and what about the mt morgan wattle? podalyrifolia

i recall that had something interesting in it

Rev, do anoy of those plants have reliable alkaloid sources? It's hard to get the time to do an extraction these days so swim sort of want to make sure its worht it. he's not getting anywhere at finding obtus, so may as well give something else a go.

Ok, well there's a few branches left around in the scrub underneath, swim think the leaves are starting to wilt/turn brown. he'll get a photo and you guys can see what you think on species/if it's too dead. he spose the only thing to lose is money, which isn't much on a simple a/b extraxction. guess he'll give it a go and let you all know how it turns out :).

Edited by mardybum

A sophorae is a big no... tested it many times... I have doubts about longissima....A fimbriata I don't know about!

Julian.

A sophorae is a big no... tested it many times... I have doubts about longissima....A fimbriata I don't know about!

Julian.

hi folks. what do you think of acacia confusa? damn thing suckers everywhere