The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
John Smith

Links to drug related federal and state laws

I am surprised that no one has already started a topic (hope I didn't miss it anyway!) to commend Torsten on his efforts to collate the federal & state laws on drugs and related items.

It is fantastic so far and your comments here & there to clarify things really help. I realise this stuff is publicly available, but although many of us could find bits & pieces, we don't have the knowledge to find and reference all the relevant parts.

THANK YOU.

I look forward to seeing the state laws. I think I am going to learn some more about chemistry by working to understand the analogues part (or specifically what it DOSEN'T cover that may be of interest).

I was surprised at the amazingly small amounts of certain drugs and research chemicals which are deemed trafficable quantities. 0.5g of some I was interested in :blink:

thanks for the comment. I know this stuff is all online, but you actually won't find most of it via google as it is database stuff. However, once you know which sites to look for the various levels of government then using internal search engines is OK. Mind you, most of the site search engines do not index the text of the act, but rather just the acts titles etc. I thought that was rather useless.

I really have to warn that no matter how thoroughly I put up this stuff, you never know what other law might cover certain aspects. For example, I always thought the customs act covered all import matters. I only found the criminal code act about a year ago and was shocked to see just how much this overlaps with customs law. I guess that is probably a contributor to the fact that customs drug law hasn't been updated for years.

Possibly the most significant piece of legislation on state level is the federal SUSDP. This really spells out what the states are enforcing. However, this is not available online. I am going to subscribe to it and copy out the S8 and S9 schedules in the next few weeks. Please be patient on that one.

I'll try and get on with the state laws shortly. It is very time consuming. However, to be honest it is a huge help for me too. I found it much easier checking the thread than to go to the comlaw site when I was searching for a few federal entries the other day.

On ya Torsten :) Good to see someone doin the dirty work.

I see you are getting over your homophobias alright Tepa? :P Just kidding :)

Torsten - it would be great if something could be compiled - I would put my hand up if I was able to source it from the net, but I cant for the life of me find it :( Heres cheers to you finding the relevant info and sharing so the rest of us law abiding citizens can continue our law-abidingness :lol:

Torsten I am surprised that there are not more members as enthusiastic as me about what you started here.

There is something I am specifically interested in and I'd really appreciate your opinion, especially given your comments in the salvia topic about having hired barristers in the past. That was actually an idea that had crossed my mind but I'd wondered if they would actually know...

I recall reading comments along the lines that WA does not have an analogues law (or any other legislation?) that prohibits possession of tryptamine compounds. I love to know if this is true and if it is, are there any specific tryptamine compounds that are prohibited. I do realise that they cannot be imported.

Many thanks in advance.

Torsten I am surprised that there are not more members as enthusiastic as me about what you started here.

Spock, I think there are probably many of us who are quite grateful about having all of it on one page, and for T's previous work, but just didn't feel the need to make a thread about it ;).

I recall reading comments along the lines that WA does not have an analogues law (or any other legislation?) that prohibits possession of tryptamine compounds. I love to know if this is true and if it is, are there any specific tryptamine compounds that are prohibited. I do realise that they cannot be imported.

WA has the Poisons Act and the Misuse of Drugs Act. AFAIK neither of these contains an analogues clause, and there is no specific analogues act. AFAIK. Personally I would find it highly unlikely that there are any interesting tryptamines that are not scheduled, and without studying all the possible legislation I would err on the side of caution.

There are many specific tryptamines listed in these acts, as well as those listed in the SUSDP. Off the top of my head they are LSD, DMT, psilocin, psilocybin, and probably a few others. You should be able to find them relatively easily.

u absoultely kik it man. i really admire what ur doing man. :worship: :worship:

WA has the Poisons Act and the Misuse of Drugs Act. AFAIK neither of these contains an analogues clause, and there is no specific analogues act. AFAIK. Personally I would find it highly unlikely that there are any interesting tryptamines that are not scheduled, and without studying all the possible legislation I would err on the side of caution.

There are many specific tryptamines listed in these acts, as well as those listed in the SUSDP. Off the top of my head they are LSD, DMT, psilocin, psilocybin, and probably a few others. You should be able to find them relatively easily.

I should have specifically stated that I am not talking about consumption (or intent to consume). Just posession. I realise that some compounds are scheduled but if there are no analogue clauses then surely everything else in Pihkal would be lawful posses? I haven't checked the SUSDP because our government very slyly ensures that the public can't check it without buying it. I'm sure if you were charged with possessing something that is listed in it as S9 then you would be told for free which part it is listed in. Fuckers.

EDIT: Does WA law refer to the SUSDP? Torsten's explanation up top says "some states". I sure am looking forward to the when Torsten gets around to the WA law bits. I dunno where to even start looking.

Edited by Mr Spock

I'll try to get this done in the new year - ie once the xmas rush is over.

From memory however, I think the WA state drug laws do have a blanket PEA ban. It's worded something like "... and all methoxy derivatives/analogs of MDMA". Covers most of the funky PEAs, but doesn't cover tryptamines as far as I could find.

Can't recall right now if the SUSDP S9 is enabled by WA state law, sorry.

As far as I recall the SUSDP is enabled in the Poisons Act.

This is coming from another post here were someone informed me of this, not from my own knowledge of the legislation.

As far as I recall the SUSDP is enabled in the Poisons Act.

This is coming from another post here were someone informed me of this, not from my own knowledge of the legislation.

I have been doing some reading and it seems you are right (the WA Posions Act does refer to the SUSDP). I am still reading the WA Misuse of Drugs Act (83 pages :BANGHEAD2: ) but my newbish understanding is that although there are tryptamine compounds specifically named (and therefore prohibited) there is no analogue type clause prohibiting the remainder of TIHKAL.

I should add though that I don't have access to a copy of the SUSDP. A cynic might think there were sinister motives for the government not making what is effectively a piece of law freely available to the public. From what I have read, the WA Health department have to make a (hard) copy freely available so if eveything else I read pans out I will go and check their hard copy to see what compounds are mentioned and whether or not here is some type of analogue clause. If that pans out I'll buy a copy and have a thorough read.

I am not yet discouraged...

The SUSDP doesn't cover many tryptamines and I don't think there is an analogs clause in it. As such the WA laws are pretty slack on tryptamines. However, before you get too excited make sure you read the federal criminal code act. It will probably dampen your spirits.

However, before you get too excited make sure you read the federal criminal code act. It will probably dampen your spirits.
Would that apply to manufacture and/or possession within WA only? i.e no import/export (or consumption) etc

Would that apply to manufacture and/or possession within WA only? i.e no import/export (or consumption) etc

the criminal code act is the new de facto federal drug act.

ie yes.

For anyone wishing to read a copy of the SUSDP for free I believe you will find it (with amendments) in about 39 lovely libraries around the country...

For anyone wishing to read a copy of the SUSDP for free I believe you will find it (with amendments) in about 39 lovely libraries around the country...

Awesome! Do you have a list?

Nearly everyone is great full for what T has done in his posts, (cept the herbalastic spys on the forum). its kinda like saying i love you :), its hard to say, but its good to hear now and again.

T, i love you. (and although we have bumped heads in the past, disagreements are a far cry from *hate* )

Peace,

PS- also keep us up to date with whats happening with the "other" ethno site, if it does come down to a law suit, im sure most members would be willing to help out with some funds.

Standard for the uniform scheduling of drugs and poisons / Commonwealth Department of Health is held at the following libraries (might be at more?) apologies for messy cut + paste...

Murdoch University. Murdoch University Library (WMDU) 658387G 615.0218/S785/1<658387G>

Department of Employment and Workplace Relations. DEWR Library (ADIR) REF 615.10994 S785 Current issue only

Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions. Head Office Library (ADPP) held

National Library of Australia. National Library of Australia (ANL) N 615.105 STA [1]- 1986-

Avondale College. Avondale College Library (NAVC) ACR-0350 R615.1012/St2 <ACR-0350>

The College of Nursing. Katie Zepps Nursing Library (NCN) 615.1 STA/5 CURRENT YEAR ONLY

Charles Sturt University. Bathurst Campus Library (NCSU:B) ACR-0350 R615.1/4 <ACR-0350>

Charles Sturt University. Wagga Wagga Campus Library (NCSU:W) ACR-0350 615.1/S11 <ACR-0350>

Macquarie University. Macquarie University Library (NMQU) D027561 held <D027561> Latest ed. only

University of Newcastle. Auchmuty Library (NNCU:A) S615.105/33/RF Current year only held

State Library of NSW (NSL:R) N615.10994/8 No.1 (1986)-

University of Technology Sydney. University Library (NTSM) 1 copy

The University of Sydney. University of Sydney Library (NU) 615.10994/12 Latest issue only mdref

University of New England. Dixson Library (NUNE) 8263-37060 <8263-37060> Current issue only

University of Wollongong. University of Wollongong Library (NWU) S 615.10994/9 Current issue held

Griffith University. Gold Coast Campus Library (QGU:GC) 10554769 GoldCoast Ref RS189 .S75 : Latest ed. only held

Griffith University. Nathan Campus Library (QGU:NA) 10554769 Nathan Gov AS H A54 : Latest ed. only held

University of Queensland. University of Queensland Library (QU) 0893846 BIOP RS189.S75 <0893846> ; [no.1] (1986) onwards

Queensland University of Technology. Kelvin Grove Campus Library (QUT:KG) .b13785266 kper 615.1 153 No 9 (1994)-

Drug & Alcohol Services South Australia. Library and Resource Centre (SDAS) 615.105 S785 No.18, No.19

Flinders University. Central Library (SFU) 563436 615.105 S78 MEDICAL LIBRARY No. 1- (1986)-

State Library of South Australia (SSL) held [No. 1]- 1986-

University of Adelaide . Barr Smith Library (SUA) 983616 615.105 S785 [No. 1]-

University of South Australia. University of South Australia Library (SUSA) R 615.10994 S785 no.6(1992)- R 615.10994 S785 no.4(1989) only R 615.10994 S785 no.1(1986) only 615.10994 S785 no.6(1992) only

State Library of Tasmania (TSL) SRL held No. 2- (1987)-

University of Tasmania. University of Tasmania Library (TU) 255615 held

Deakin University (VDU) 22P18409 GLG 1986-imp

RMIT University. RMIT University Library (VIT) 259826 Cit 615.10994 S785 <259826> ; Latest issue only

La Trobe University Library. Bundoora campus, Borchardt Library (VLU) L89504918X 363.194620994 S785 : CREF no.1- <L89504918X>

Monash University. Monash University Library (VMOU) 94730 HA-SER 615.105 S785 no. 2 (1986) to present ; & amendments ; PH-GEN 344.45041 P536 Latest update and amendments only

State Library of Victoria (VSL) S 615.10994 St2A RT 615.10994 St2A (Latest ed. only) No. 1- 1986-

University of Melbourne. The University Library (VU) BioMed REF 615.10994 STAN Latest only kept

Victoria University. Victoria University Libraries (VVUT) STA REF 615.10994 STA Latest edition

Victorian WorkCover Authority Library (VVWA) 615.105 STA

Curtin University of Technology. Curtin University Library (WCU) 000007922 for details of holdings see Curtin catalogue

State Library of Western Australia (WLB) 588805 Q615.1 <588805> No. 1 (1986)-

University of Western Australia. University of Western Australia Library (WU) 606979 R615.10994...MED <606979> l Current issue only

Northern Territory Library (XNLS) held

Charles Darwin University . Casuarina Campus Library (XNTU) REF 615.10994 STAN c Latest issue only

uni students can also help spreading love and knowledge by downloading and sharing tastey journal articles their university subscribes to... in a couple of weeks (post thesis) i am happy to share a mountain of entheogenic literature with whoever is interested.

haha i didn't put that smiley in there!

Most of those libraries look to be uni libraries,

If the SUSDP is something which is available as a digital copy perhaps a uni student (and im sure there are plenty on here) could download a copy and post it as an attatchment sumwhere on a forum...

Peace,

Mind

Most likely it will be held in closed reserve, so you can just walk in and read it (try to look a bit stooped and malnourished so the librarians don't suspect you're not a uni student...)

I am not aware of any digital copies being available. it is ridiculous that pretty much all laws are now online, but the SUSDP is not.

I am not aware of any digital copies being available. it is ridiculous that pretty much all laws are now online, but the SUSDP is not.
A cynic might think it access is difficult on purpose. It just wouldn't be right for people to be able to research what is and isn't legal now would it? I read somewhere that the health department have to make a copy available for viewing (might have just been WA though?)

PS: T any prospect of your law links project progressing further anytime soon? Feel free to start with WA when you get to the state bits (assuming there is more than just the Misuse Of Drugs Act - which I have read several times now :devil: )

I think I was put off a bit by the fact that several states are progressing [ie regressing] so fast. I was going to start with Qld, but then they made all those amendments and I am not sure when each and all of them become active. ie, I prefer working from complete compilations rather than inserting stuff myself.

I might even start with WA, because things aren't moving much over there at the moment.