The Corroboree
paradox

trichocereus scopulicolus

Lol, funny

I was mearly trying to illustrate that asking if somthing is active or not is very subjective, too much or two little of somthing can tip you over the edge.

my foaf has a scop that is certainly amoungst the most bitter in his collection. He has never ingested any significant amount tho. Definately a worthy addition to the garden IHO

lol, fuck, were people actually taking that apple post seriously? :rolleyes:

i wasn't taking that apple post seriously :)

teonanacatl made a really good point that tweaking your bio-chems in ANY WAY can give you a trip!

i just also pointed out that if you stop drinking water, dying of thirst would be quite a trip, as would be say....eating 20 kg of urinal cakes!

Just pointing out that old people get cool drugs for the price of an apple, lucky dying bastards! :worship:

Hahahaaha, nice

Now back to the topic of people's experience of T. scopulicolus! :P

I'm also interested in people's experience of this plant. I might have to send some samples of the stuff to my legally unbound associate to bioassay for me... cha-ching!

Joining kind of late here, but I agree with philistine. Been there, done the "evacuating my body out of both ends while enduring bacterial toxins for 12 hours." That was some intense shit....literally and figuratively. I don't, however, recommend eating carne asada fries that have been sitting out for 2 hours prior to attempting to go on a date... Not that I did that. I'm just saying.

Um, oh yeah, I do not have scopulicolus(sp?) but will do my damndest(for the community of course) to acquire this plant and encourage my FOAF's elf's cat's SWIM to get to work testing and reporting back. Damn that lazy bastard. Get a job, bioassayer! Where's that rent money?! Fuck! Shit!

Joining kind of late here, but I agree with philistine. Been there, done the "evacuating my body out of both ends while enduring bacterial toxins for 12 hours." That was some intense shit....literally and figuratively. I don't, however, recommend eating carne asada fries that have been sitting out for 2 hours prior to attempting to go on a date... Not that I did that. I'm just saying.

Um, oh yeah, I do not have scopulicolus(sp?) but will do my damndest(for the community of course) to acquire this plant and encourage my FOAF's elf's cat's SWIM to get to work testing and reporting back. Damn that lazy bastard. Get a job, bioassayer! Where's that rent money?! Fuck! Shit!

good old felonious, u r a great guinea pig.... watch out for teo... he may want to eat u!!!! scop is very common here in aus... is it not common in so cal? look forward to hearing from u on this one!!

Not sure if it's common here. Google images pulls up several different looking cacti. Can someone post a good picture of it, for me? Most sources around here have things unlabeled or labeled incorrectly. :scratchhead:

Help me out, how is it distinguishable from T. pachanoi?

smaller spines, fatter plants, normally 4-5 ribs. Look at the tip pachanoi tip the ribs meet inconsistantly ie 4 will meet to give a + but the others wont meet and will be inbetween those which meet. Scops most of the time all the ribs meet together at the tip like *lol

scop is also more club-like when young, the spines on this species can actually be non-existant

Edited by shroomytoonos

i've done a search here and didn't come up with much.

i know there are quite a few of these amongst the community and would really like to get peoples opinion about them in regards to their entheogenic value etc.

are they very sought after?

thankin you all

para

From a recently performed chemical analysis of the plant, it is active, on the par with T. Pachanoi.

see- Olabode Ogunbodede, Douglas McCombs, Keeper Trout, Paul Daley & Martin Terry. 2010. New mescaline concentrations from 14 taxa/cultivars of Echinopsis spp. (Cactaceae) ("San Pedro") and their relevance to shamanic practice. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 131 (3): 356-362.

Edited by PD.

lol, this 07 thread seems a little out of place on the boards now days :P

lol, this 07 thread seems a little out of place on the boards now days

Indeed!

I find it a tad annoying that ppl continue to drag up old threads that were made before the new rules came into action especially when they arent really adding anything worthwhile. Yes they are there, yes they have things not discussed any more so leave them where they are, and that is, in the past. Read the rules and follow them, if an old thread has stuff that doesnt adhere to the new rules then why bother posting and bringing it back to the fold, it is ridiculous enough posting in a thread that is 4 years old to start with.

Move on people.

I think they are the one of the most attractive columnar cacti.

they do some trippy looking rib formations when big like this one in far right of picture

after relocation. now protected from the chickens by netting.

cant find a close up but this one looks like a weird alien face!

and also excellent big flowers

they do some trippy looking rib formations when big like this one in far right of picture

after relocation. now protected from the chickens by netting.

cant find a close up but this one looks like a weird alien face!

and also excellent big flowers

This plant is rare in Europe, i found only one collector who sells good seedlings of those cacties.

I think they are great grafting stock:), but can not find much verification for their use for those good purposes.

So I'm buying them at some risk, if they are not good for grafting:), so i must wait for their beautiful flowering (at least it is a consolation)

I attached a pictuture of mother plant that is growing in collectors greenhouse in Berlin.

if the thread shouldnt have anything added to it because of new rules then a moderator should lock it.

if the thread shouldnt have anything added to it because of new rules then a moderator should lock it.

Yes, i agree,

but in the meantime, ppl could abide to the rules,

and talk about using them for grafting purposes:)

If someone has more info on the subject, could it be possible to PM me?

True, although thats not going to stop some people that feel the need to bring up old threads for no great reason. Thanks for reminding me though mu you finely toned adonis, that option had completely slipped my mind during my aggravation.