The Corroboree
DocAzz

Visuals on acid

I think I've figured out why I have problems with visuals on acid. My brain won't let me see them (or hear the auditory hallucinations). Everything starts to warp, then move back. Its all constantly swaying in an out of reality, even on massive doses. I figured this out last time, when the TV was on. Everything on TV looked exactly like how I had pictured a typical acid trip should look like. The rest of the room even stopped moving, and the trees and stars outside looked normal so long as the TV was in my sight. It is as if my brain "unleashed" the acid in the space of the screen, because I had no real point of reference. There is nothing to say the movie didn't actually look like that, as I had never seen it before.

The same happens with music - if I haven't heard the song before then it always ends up being really quite bizarre. I was starting to flip out last time, as my friends are big on musicals, and one is starring in a local production of Jesus Christ Superstar. So this was playing. I felt like I was getting told off by christ! I quickly ran to the laptop, and put on some Rammstein (that I know inside out) just to have a point of reference.

It's also why I liked DXM (the only other hallucinogen I have had experience with) as it completely removed me from my surroundings, so all the visuals were really intense! :)

Weird ay?

Sounds like you need to let go man

I find a little / a lot :wink: of pot really lets the visuals flow, gives them another dimension also :)

I find that watching TV and stuff like that really puts a lid on the visuals.

Low light situations outdoors in nature or with your eyes closed are much more conducive.

Very much agreed apothecary

Imo watching tv is a fantastic way to spoil a trip, you really should be outside, watching stars, sky, talking to trees, that kind of thing :)

I find a little / a lot :wink: of pot really lets the visuals flow, gives them another dimension also :)

A lil off topic here but how does pot and mushies go? Does it help with the visuals there as well?

I can't believe i've never had the pleasure of mixing the two..

I do love them both so much but my efforts here are yet to be synchronised!

Maybe in a month or so a little birdy will tell me what it's like :wink:

Imo watching tv is a fantastic way to spoil a trip, you really should be outside, watching stars, sky, talking to trees, that kind of thing :)

The only times we trip is up in the blue mountains. Being outside really does give it a mystical experience, but I just think my brain can't let go of reality. I really do enjoy the mind-expansion of it too, but its like eating pizza without all your favourite toppings - its still good, but could be better.

I don't really enjoy watching tv at all (high or not!), but it really brings out the visuals that everyone else gets normally.

Actually, there was one other time I get intense visuals and thats when I look in a mirror. My other mate warned me against it "you see all sorts of evil things in mirrors" but personally I think he sees all sorts of evil things in himself (as I see them too when I'm tripping and he is present), but I loved it! Then I put my mirror sunnies on (at 2am :rolleyes: ) and went back to the mirror and stared down into infinity. The "me" three guys down looked up and smiled. He knew exactly what I was talking about :lol:

mu. I think you're right - I just need to let go.... but HOW?????????? :BANGHEAD2:

Seriously, MJ can really help with this :)

I don't smoke - might have to make some brownies instead!

Listen to John Lennon - he had some experience with LSD

'I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall'

Watching the wheels

Maybe you are not ready to SEE. Maybe you are not meant to SEE.

Have you ever considered that?

I am more inclined to stick by my statement shroomy [though your statement could hold alot of weight :wink: ], some people are just not ready or not even allowed to SEE. IMHO that is the truth of the matter.

Maybe you are not ready to SEE. Maybe you are not meant to SEE

What are you Ken Kesey and the Acid graduation? LOL

maybe it is just shit acid

Much more likely. Your a lucky person if you can get quality LSD that match a breakthrough fungi, cactus or DMT trip in terms of visuals.

but I just think my brain can't let go of reality.

fucked up my post, but what i was going to say regarding the above quote is:

perhaps you need some DMT.

but perhaps that wouldn't be a good idea... dunno. with a proper dose of DMT there is no way you are going to hold onto reality!

but if you do try to hold on (which is pointless) then it can be quite a horrific experience.

Maybe you are not ready to SEE. Maybe you are not meant to SEE

What are you Ken Kesey and the Acid graduation? LOL

No, I am tonic. IMO Ken Kesey abused acid and learned very little from it.

Same could be said about other people I guess.

edit: Ken Kesey burned his brain from overuse, then told everyone that they should'nt take the very thing that he was promoting in the first place. Talk about contradiction.

Edited by tonic

No, I am tonic. IMO Ken Kesey abused acid and learned very little from it.

Same could be said about other people I guess.

edit: Ken Kesey burned his brain from overuse, then told everyone that they should'nt take the very thing that he was promoting in the first place. Talk about contradiction.

Im sorry Tonic, I was just having a little dig :) I understand what you meant - experience can lead to a better handling of things and different people handle the same thing differently.

The whole Ken Kesey era was very contradictory. A lot of people bag the government for cracking down on LSD and believe its only illegal because they don't want us 'to know' - like out of some evil control thing. It maybe shouldn't be controlled to the degree it was and currently is but from what Ive read some of these guys like Neal Cassady, Ken Kesey, Stanley Owlsey (and Tim Leary to a degree) were being irresponsible with the drug. Its ok to allow people to take something in a controlled, meaningful and consenting setting but those guys would spike people and weren't afraid to push other peoples mental limits...and that was on top of being dealers - their use of the drug in this way surely helped LSD gain its 'potential for abuse' legal status. I think it was terrence Mckenna who even remarked on how educated and conservative modern youth is in using drugs like these compared to the sixties.

Pete Townsend from 'Bill Graham presents': "I took some Owsley LSD at Monterey...I didnt touch drugs for 15 years after that'

Howdy,

While mj will likely help produce OEV it will also increase paranoia, anxiety and mental clouding with very little actual 'stoning effect', not helpful for larger dose's :wacko: I would suspect the visual enhancement is simply from the psychedelic effect of the cannabis, better saved for come down..

Im sure a little dm would help?? this would increase serotonin to a level where OEV happen easily...

Also if serotonin is the issue, it has previously been mentioned that peeps having trouble with experiencing OEV may find it helpful to predose with tryptophan to increase deficient serotonin levels...

Yeah so you know exactly where I'm coming from. I realise you were just having a little dig :) . I guess I was just trying to emphasize the importance of not overusing a powerful and potentially damaging substance just because the effects aern't the desired effects. It is never good to push these things. I have met some people in my time who have become very messed up from abusing acid. It is not always a pretty sight.

On a lighter note I have read a few very interesting accounts of the effects of the now legendary Owsley LSD. Definitley something to be careful with. An unprepared mind can be the most deadly enemy any man/woman can possibly face.

A. Hoffman always reccomended quite small doses of LSD 25 as the substance can be dangerous not to mention horrendously unpleasant.

From what I know there is really no 25 around in modern times anyhow and would be unwise to try and simulate the same effects by taking huge doses of modern acid to compensate.

Possibly I don't know shit from sugar though?! :lol: So it is all relative.

PEACE

Shroomy- Everyone else gets the visuals from it, so I dunno about it being shit.

Conan- I've been taking 5-HTP regularly for the past month of so. I don't use MDMA, so it doesn't seem that I would be depleting it.

Tonic- How is this possible, when one of the guys I know take it with no desire to learn. Its just another way for him to get "fucked up." Everytime I look at him while I'm on acid, he looks like he has demons in him. This is not to say I don't take it for recreational reasons aswell, but I have a purpose everytime - it just so happens that I enjoy it too! I feel almost like a child right now asking "how is that fair? he gets it, and doesn't deserve it, and I don't get it!"

I'm not saying I don't get OEVs, just not the typical trails of colours and lights everyone else does. Reality bends, warps and drips.... but if its something I know, and have a point of reference for, it just feels like my brain is kicking in and trying to put a stop to it.

Again, its why I like a good DXM trip (and hate the hangover, which is why i've only had it a few times).

It completely removes me from where I am, my brain has no point of reference, so I see everything it has to offer. It's a solid 4+ trip, and its fantastic!

My first trip was on DXM, and it was accidental - it arrived as "herbal ecstacy." I don't take MDMA, but thought "its only herbal, why not give it a shot?"

I ended up having 4 "hits" of it, expecting to be bouncing off the walls in no time... the exact opposite happened. I left the planet, completely unprepared, and fell in love. My mind was completely open, and I was experiencing beings that words can't describe. I wanted to know what was in the "herbal x" so I searched. The responses to my trip report said it was quite a typical DXM trip. This is how I came to this forum. I discovered that what I had wasn't herbal, and began searching for a) actual herbal psychedelics, and B) lsd.

I'm not saying I don't get OEVs, just not the typical trails of colours and lights everyone else does. Reality bends, warps and drips.... but if its something I know, and have a point of reference for, it just feels like my brain is kicking in and trying to put a stop to it.

Sounds like you're doing alright on the visual front to me, maybe just not recognising what is what? If you're seeing demons etc. I'd say that is pretty close to what is meant to be happening [though this could be a reflection of yourself? Or the person you are seeing?]. Try doing it totally alone maybe without any outside influence swaying you into 'wanting what they are having' if you get my drift, introspection of the self and deep reflection of what is occuring and what can be learnt may help free your mind up.

Sounds like you might be stuck on something, but not sure exactly what this might be, only you can answer this question, I think. Try meditating beforehand and/or during, you need to find yourself before sharing your journey with others is my opinion.

Definitely avoid the TV and do what a few others have said here, semi dark to dark, outdoors, nature. I would avoid harsh music like Rammstein also as this may have negative influences on the experience. I would suggest no music or very calming music if any at all.

I guess it all comes down to what works for you as a person.

Experiment, but don't burn your brain trying, it truly isn't worth it.

Edited by tonic

A lil off topic here but how does pot and mushies go? Does it help with the visuals there as well?

Yes.

Stronger, brighter, more colourful, more interesting, more exciting.

Also less body load and/or paranoia if present, not to mention more "euphoria".

A must do.

.. At least least that's what my friend in Amsterdam tells me..

Edited by alkatrope