The Corroboree
Conan Troutman

VIC Camping trip

arg ive been way too lazy, couldnt get all my shit together in time and missed buying a seat on the flight down i want, the others are insanely expensives, so def wont be there a day early... if at all in time for the camp, still planning on heading down but wont be in time at all for the camp, not with budget. somtime after tho ill be heading down so ill have to see yall locals then, got too much shit to deal with here atm, trying to pack and move also so cant really make it down this time. sorry all

when shit hits the fan it really hits the fan, esspecially with psycho neighbours

when shit hits the fan it really hits the fan, esspecially with psycho neighbours

Do tell?

arg ive been way too lazy, couldnt get all my shit together in time and missed buying a seat on the flight down i want, the others are insanely expensives, so def wont be there a day early... if at all in time for the camp, still planning on heading down but wont be in time at all for the camp, not with budget. somtime after tho ill be heading down so ill have to see yall locals then, got too much shit to deal with here atm, trying to pack and move also so cant really make it down this time. sorry all

:( I was looking forward to catching up with you.

very sad to say I won't be able to make it. :( Was really looking forward to meeting you all but its gonna have to be next time round.

Hope you all have a great time!

:BANGHEAD2: Will make it next time

i be there late friday night with my dancing shoes. :)

geez i guess i should probably come after ronnies spiel.. i think im just about due for a meltdown emotional car wreck.. :wink:

might try and come down sat sometime.. conan im gunna wrestle ya for the fire stoker..

should be seein yas soon :lol:

Onya ferrit.

Gonna drag bm along?

I'll be rocking up this arvo sometime. Anyone bar me and endo coming today?

Might have to start a book if there's gonna be fire-poker wrestling.

Odds will be released Saturday after careful inspection of both contestant's form, betting starts at $5-.

ed

Hopefully can get up today, might be more likely that it will be tomorrow....ALSO

There will be a VERY special announcement too those attending regarding the EGA

I'm just heading off.

Catch you down there folks.

ed

Maps are still available PM ASAP if needed

Edited by Conan Troutman

and someone will take it upon themself to make sure the fire is going strong at all times cool.gif
<br /><br /><br /><font color="#000080">"TURRETS!" "Turrets of fire!"<br /><br />I hope you guys all the best on your camping trip and only hope that they turn out as well and as plentyful as ours have been.<br />Keep up the good work fellas!<br /><br />Im looking to hold one up thisw way mid July, Ive been meaning to post about it for ages now.</font> Edited by AndyAmine.

Geez folks what happened, we get lost!? Disappointing turn-up to say the least.(glad I spent all that arvo picking a bag of subs) :BANGHEAD2:

...still, A nice little smorgasbord was had by the few there, and lots of gift swaping to be had.

Maybe we should do another one soon when you guys are gonna turn up?? :P

Ballzac: you must have just missed out!

...til next time!

Geez folks what happened, we get lost!?

I dunno, did you?

glad I spent all that arvo picking a bag of subs

Well if you had've come to the camp site and made sure everyone was getting along okay instead of spending the day elsewhere, maybe we would've stayed.

Like, you are the one who started this topic, and you were sorta the host, but when we were down there, we couldn't even be sure that you were turning up. You said you might be as late as sat arvo, but there is a big difference between arvo and evening in that context. It's not like your car broke down or anything, you just thought that pickin' shrooms for yourself was more important than looking after the campers. Seeing as you're a local, one would think maybe you would make it down there before everyone else. We were there at around 1 o'clock, and that was after a four hour drive.

That said, I think it's a bit lame that so many people seemed so interested in coming and so few turn up. Several of you posted about not coming a few days ago, but there're a few who seemed interested and just didn't turn up.

Anyway, it was good to meet you guys Endogenous and ReshroomED, even if it was for just a short while.

BTW CT, what is this special announcement about EGA? We might as well know about it.

Needless to say, I don't think I'll be making the effort to make it to one of these things again. Next ethno thing I will go to will be EGA.

Sorry to hear attendance was low, theses things can be hard to coordinate some times. I so wish I could have headed down, I know I could have grabbed Adrian to as well.

Well EGA will sure be a big camp out. And the attendees will be from all over OZ, I do not even wont to think of the mayhem that might induce (CS alone is mad enough).

:devil:

LOL, Someones a lil fiesty :blink: ...not that it really matters but, my lift bailed on me and I had no other way of getting down until later on...wasnt having dig mate just disappointing so few turned up!

But its flattering, had no idea ya needed me for such a good time? :wub: Tis a real pity for you to turn around so quick after a 4hr trip eh?...

also bit sad you wouldnt want to try somethng like this again.

eg the subs: they werent for me mate :wink:

...TIL NEXT TIME

OH and the announcemnet about EGA this year...guess no news has been spilled yet?

...word on the grapevine is that there will be a very special world renowned international speaker attending this year..

American ethnopharmacologist, :shroomer:MR DENNIS MCKENNA :shroomer:

Mums the word! :wink:

Edited by Conan Troutman

It's not just that...

It's hard to tell from looking back through the thread, who was meant to bring the wood. As lots of people seemed to be talking about it, but none of it seemed definite. But I did have the impression that you were gonna bring wood. I don't know if you did or not, but by five o'clock, we couldn't risk hanging around in that cold if we weren't sure there was going to be a fire, so we went back down to skeen's creek where it was a little warmer.

On the way home we stopped off at Kennett river and found a few subs. I dunno where you were looking mate, but there was fuck all around the Aire valley camping site.

Far enough mate, if ya really wanted wood its generally not hard to find dry stuff around...

you didnt have to pick em mate they were hand delivered..

enjoy the news about Denins McKenna...

Edited by Conan Troutman

There wasn't gonna be anything dry enough around to get it started.

You're really tryin' to make yourself sound like a champion. You thought you'd be the hero and pick all the subs and everyone would pat you on the back for it. I thought the main idea of this trip was for everyone to turn up in the day and go off in little groups and have a look and if any newbies turn up to help them find some too...

Oh well

There wasn't gonna be anything dry enough around to get it started.

You're really tryin' to make yourself sound like a champion. You thought you'd be the hero and pick all the subs and everyone would pat you on the back for it. I thought the main idea of this trip was for everyone to turn up in the day and go off in little groups and have a look and if any newbies turn up to help them find some too...

Oh well

Ok if you say so, all I was doing was just going along to join the crowd and help share in some experiences, and yes go on a pick, but since I couldnt be there, I brought some along :lol: ...

anyway man as I was saying to Ed we'll try again soon..

No worries man. I don't want there to be any bad vibes so I won't debate this any further, but I think you and I have rather different concepts of what you should do when you organise something like this.

But yeah, all it comes down to is that I won't bother with something like this again. If I wanna pick mushies, I can just go for a walk and find some. They're a dime a dozen in melbourne. And if I want to share some experiences, then I have enough friends to organise something for myself. So yeah, good luck for next time man, but I won't be wasting my time again.

Im also not sure what you think camping trip entails?? But sorry if I gave the wrong impression that this was simply a mushy hunting epdpition?? :scratchhead:, rather than a one off chance to meet, greet, and chang ect. with fellow members.

...doubt the fact that there was no fire wood handy (bad organising)?? stopped people from attending, Just think to much :bong: and rain.

No bad vibes dude B) sure we would get on great in person :rolleyes:

Ohhh and you can pick mushy just about anywhere, BUT just not Otway subs.

so another go in the near future guys, whats the verdict??