The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hagakure

free petri dishes

Glass bottom? Does that mean that they have plastic walls and lids?

If this is the case don't bother unless you have a UV steriliser. I have some plastic ones and they deform in the PC and microwave.

You can get UV sterilisers for about $100. But for a $100 you could also get a fair few all glass dishes.

These ones are a bit on the small side as well. You want at least a 90mm dish me thinks.

Glass bottom? Does that mean that they have plastic walls and lids?

If this is the case don't bother unless you have a UV steriliser. I have some plastic ones and they deform in the PC and microwave.

You can get UV sterilisers for about $100. But for a $100 you could also get a fair few all glass dishes.

These ones are a bit on the small side as well. You want at least a 90mm dish me thinks.

I just soak mine in methylated spirits for 24 hours or so.

Its 95% ethenol don;t you know.

Works a treat.

No need to PC them.

The only thing i PC is the jars,grain and agar.

I just buy more sterile plastic plates, at $2.20 for ten I don't worry about sterilizing.

www.livingstone.com.au

:)

Does anyone have any petri dishes they could spare me or swap for something I only want like 6 and I'd be happy as...I don't have a credit card so it's a pain to buy them of anyone on line...please pM if you can help thanks.

just to clarify the dishes I'm wanting are for agar growing with clones.the plastic ones with lids are the ones I'm after.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Hey Hunab

PM me, I might be able to help you, and for some reason I cannot send PM's anymore...

Dave

Thanks for the tip, I have been a bit lax on the posts,but I am a fairly quiet boy.

This one should get me to 10, so Ill PM ya in a sec. :lol: