The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

Corn Silk

It is that time of year here. Corn silk is said to be a ethnogenic, although active alkaloids are not known. Has anyone tried smoking? what sort of dose, and what sort of effects were noticed? Has anyone got any information regarding alkaloids.

Edited by shroomytoonos

I was under the impression that this was a crock of frogshit (a hoax)... Does anyone know otherwise?

I was under the impression that this was a crock of frogshit (a hoax)... Does anyone know otherwise?

it is listed in the encyclopaedia of psychoactive plants, by christian ratsch, which is a very well researched book.

it is listed in the encyclopaedia of psychoactive plants, by christian ratsch, which is a very well researched book.

What does the book say shroomy?

I remember hearing that "Peruvian Indians used it as a narcotic..", but they also used corn for everything else, so why not smoke it?

If there was any decent effects surely somebody would have tried it...

maybe you need a corncob pipe for it to work... :P

Here is a patent for using popped corn as an admixture for tobacco.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3964495.html

What does the book say shroomy?

I remember hearing that "Peruvian Indians used it as a narcotic..", but they also used corn for everything else, so why not smoke it?

If there was any decent effects surely somebody would have tried it...

maybe you need a corncob pipe for it to work... :P

Here is a patent for using popped corn as an admixture for tobacco.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3964495.html

"smoked by indians in peru as an inebriant"(roth et al 1994 p.742, czygan 1989p.362) in the "drug scene" it is smaked for inebriating effects both alone and in smoking blends. in north america it is an ingredient in ceremonial tobacco "kinnikinnick", the silk contains up to 85% alkaloids of a yet unknown structure (POSSIBLY from the family of the ergot alkaloids or tryptamine derivatives(note from shroomy:this is obviously a guess based on alkaloids found in association with other grasses)) are able to produce states of excitation and delirium when inhaled(roth et al 1994, 742).... that is a summery which can be found on page 589 of the before mentioned book. Obviously the text by roth is where the majority of this comes from, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be in the bibliography here.

smoked heaps of them on the basis of raetsch's statement that they contain 85% tryptamines, but other than them being a pleasant smoke I found no effect.

Kashmiri twist hashish is made by packing the screened resin into a corn husk, twisting the husk so the resin is tightly packed & then lightly baking the package so the resin melts together & forms the hash. It's usually coated in a layer ov corn silk which is smoked along w/the hash. I've smoked a fair bit ov it & never noticed any extra effect from the corn silk. Bloody nice hash though :drool2:

Edited by nabraxas