The Corroboree
mammoth

kava recipes

i never have done the milkshake thing, but some reports, i remeber definately used instant kava in this process, as such they did not have to worry about straining the prearation.

but if you use normal kava, you would have to strain as you always have do anyway.

i never have done the milkshake thing, but some reports, i remeber definately used instant kava in this process, as such they did not have to worry about straining the prearation.

but if you use normal kava, you would have to strain as you always have do anyway.

The impression i got from this thread was that the normal kava was being used in the milkshakes but not being strained, as the flavour and consistency made it easy enough to get down, roughage and all. I can confirm that i have blended it once with water, olive oil and lecithin, and just swallowed the whole mix down with no adverse effects..

When drinking kava regularly, and understanding and appreciating the effects, the taste definately becomes a non issue - I would say enjoyable, but at worst with regular drinking you don't even notice it anymore.

I've tried mixing with milk, milk & coffee, milk & chocolate, coconut milk, water, water and lecithin...

By far the best is the simplest - just kava and water

As a side note - all this talk about kavalactones being soluble in fat and mixing this way to maximise effects seems to me as a waste

As I understand traditonally it is used with just water and sometimes coconut milk. Long term traditional use will usually dictate the best method.

I find preparations made with fats to increase kavalactones in the mix to be a totally different effect - heavier yes but also more nauseating, and the supposed increse in potency doesn't compensate enough for this fact

Stick to kava and water and if you like the effect you'll like the taste eventually...

get yourselfe a kava bowl, they are not only very beautyful objects of art, they make the whole experience real. drinking kava out of anything else than a coconut shell is a disgrace.

than after a few sessions you can scrape the kava bowl, and those scrapings are sad to be of the highest quality kava, i have never done it though.

i have sometimes drank kava out of plastic containers, and somehow it ruined the whole experience for me...

i think to remeber that some fijian kava is said to taste "better", and the name of this kava i forgot, but maybe it's something like "lewana". fijians are quite proud of this local strain, which produces smaller plants than other kava.