The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ozzy

mexican poppies

is anyone interested in some mexican poppy seeds as i have found a heap growing along the railway track.

that is nice for us !

but i am not sure to be interested, i never receved your seeds from or first trade...

Guest reville

Ive had a few international orders from the seedring go astray on their way to Europe too.

Best to enquire before getting too carried away.

BTW ozzy with such an abundant wildcrafting opportunity why not make some mexican opium to trade - ill be in on that smile.gif

You could slice the pods ala regula opium or harvest the aerial parts minus the seed and do an extract with a solvent then reduce to a gum.

yeh i would do that but the smell of those poppies make me heeve.it is the most off smell i have smelt.anyway you are welcome to some free seeds if you want

hey Vin if you havnt got the seeds by now i would say someone else has got them if you know what i mean.or maybe they are held up in the system.give it a few more days and see what happens.

hy Ozzy.

i will wait again but i think i will ask you for another send.(if you'rze agree).

Rev,

i really not understand:i posted a topic about argemone toxicity to have clear infos.

Torsten answered me that pods contain sanguinarine, a dangerous substance for health...

so why are you talking about slicing the pods ?

vins, the SEEDS contain sanguinarine. the pods do not. when doing extractiosn it is best to remove the whole seedpod as it is difficult to pick out all the seed. however, slicing seedpods and then collecting the resin does not actually get anything from the seed, so no sanguinarine.

hy Ozzy,

i have just read again this discussion and i think my first reply was an error.

sorry for the offend, you're right Rev !

hope no matter?