The Corroboree
DocAzz

A few garden photos

Question

Hey all,

I walk for a living, and I get to see all sorts of interesting gardens while I'm out.

I take snaps of some now and then. These following pics are from a garden around the corner from my place.

I shot everything even if there are only a few interesting ones, someone may appreciate the rest :)

Pardon the pics, as I only had a 1.3mpx phone on me at the time. If anyone wants some better quality shots, I'm happy to oblige.

Here goes:

l_e7ec557b3ce098c5d9f827b5c572ff31.jpg

l_0bc4e297f32cb20a70d4134057fa3459.jpg

l_8c7393ed47d7c18bd5d6037291b60b81.jpg

l_227b3b79130daad396806aabfffa8a66.jpg

l_42a21392a0d529d6dd668d755350e66b.jpg

l_17ca84a58ad4795e883df7781e7cb027.jpg

l_1a9be36d6482d663d70f515a83f47cd3.jpg

l_84996dc9bcb86d364ac218fdbd946aef.jpg

l_ff62d9c7d0fd9348b9c8ee568295202b.jpg

So yeh, thats the garden.

Any cacti of interest in there?

18 answers to this question

looks like a scop in there to me.

Oh and by the way, farkin shockin photo's. U got the shakes or sumthin? :P

what do u do for a living, deliver catalogues?

haha no, I door-knock for the family business... gotta love commission only work!!

The old man owns a roof restoration company, so while I'm studying I just got for a walk an hour or two a day. I just knock and let them know we're in the area, and if they're interested I setup an appointment for an estimator to go around and give them an inspection. If the estimator makes a sale, then I get $300 (cash, of course, its a family business!).

Average about one sale for every three hours of walking, which is friggin good money while I'm only doing 10 hours a week.

Yeh I generally have the shakes pretty bad, even tho I think most of the blame should go to the shitty old phone hehe

btw, whats a 'scop' ?? and which one would that be?

Get yourself a tripod.

err... yeh, that'll great carrying it around with me every afternoon in hopes that I'll come across a garden to snap pics of... :rolleyes:

hehe i know they're shit. The point is if someone spots something, I can go back and get better pics.

That's one MASSIVE cpm!! I don't think I've ever seen one that big!

Also, go back and get better pics of this one (and any others with similar fat ribs). Could be scop, could be pachanoi.

http://a388.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...15a83f47cd3.jpg

whats a cpm?? is that the one in the third pic?? I just felt dwarfed standing next to it.

do you want better pics of the tall cacti, or the leafy-sorta one in the middle of the photo?

You'll have to pardon my lingo - I've got NO idea about cacti at all. I don't know how to call anything.

That's one MASSIVE cpm!! I don't think I've ever seen one that big!

Also, go back and get better pics of this one (and any others with similar fat ribs). Could be scop, could be pachanoi.

http://a388.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...15a83f47cd3.jpg

could be stenocereus marginatus..

cpm - Cereus peruvianus monstrose

could you get a pic of that fatty in the back of first pic?

could you get a pic of that fatty in the back of first pic?

yeah, it caught my eye too. I think I have one of those.

whats a cpm?? is that the one in the third pic?? I just felt dwarfed standing next to it.

do you want better pics of the tall cacti, or the leafy-sorta one in the middle of the photo?

You'll have to pardon my lingo - I've got NO idea about cacti at all. I don't know how to call anything.

The columnar one :)

3rd Last could be Pachycereus?

Wow man - thats not a bad collection for a yard job! Perhaps you'd better get aquainted with the owner :) Some very very nice cacti there - especially that monstrose Cereus peruvianus (looks sorta like a candle covered in melted wax) - its HUGE!

Wow man - thats not a bad collection for a yard job! Perhaps you'd better get aquainted with the owner :) Some very very nice cacti there - especially that monstrose Cereus peruvianus (looks sorta like a candle covered in melted wax) - its HUGE!

Yeah, keep en eye on it. it looks that it *may* have a flower bud on it that little pink thing. And I've never seen one flower so make sue you get a good pic!

Yeah, keep en eye on it. it looks that it *may* have a flower bud on it that little pink thing. And I've never seen one flower so make sue you get a good pic!

Yeh I might just go and knock on the door and say g'day. People always love me (god knows why!) so I'll just say i've got a couple of mates interested in cacti, and I told them about this great garden in the area - and they asked if i could get some photos.

Yeah Dodie+Ferret are right, thats a Pachycereus (syn Stenocereus) marginatus.

A really nice one too!

yeah, it caught my eye too. I think I have one of those.

Could it be a T. peruvianus?? :wacko: