The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Coschi

Cacti IDs please

The potted one i'm thinking is t.peruvianus, the first cutting t.pachanoi but the longer cutting? Short spined peruvian?

post-1530-1171941932_thumb.jpg post-1530-1171941949_thumb.jpg post-1530-1171941964_thumb.jpg post-1530-1171941979_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1171941932_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1171941949_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1171941964_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1171941979_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1171941932_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1171941949_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1171941964_thumb.jpg

post-1530-1171941979_thumb.jpg

I have one that is a spit and image of this which i was told is t.peruvianus.

looks a bit like t bridgsii, but im not 100 %

To these are mesc containing yes?? :blush:

Swim wouldn't exactly want to brew and drink a tea from inactive cacti

in my limited experience: the potted is a peruvianas (the pale color is a little likened to bridge but spins prove peruvian)and the cuts are pachanoi. all mentioned types contain mesc.

a foaf had a recent experience where the mesc wasnt quite what expected but with a little MJ it was the absolute greatest experience he has had, taken to where the soul was born, infinite love, everything and nothing. not saying to do this your first time but keep it in mind.

all the best with your exploring sphinx

take care

endo

in my limited experience: the potted is a peruvianas (the pale color is a little likened to bridge but spins prove peruvian)and the cuts are pachanoi. all mentioned types contain mesc.

a foaf had a recent experience where the mesc wasnt quite what expected but with a little MJ it was the absolute greatest experience he has had, taken to where the soul was born, infinite love, everything and nothing. not saying to do this your first time but keep it in mind.

all the best with your exploring sphinx

take care

endo

yes, having a look at my own bridgesii, I have also concluded that the pic most likely isnt bridgesii. Great cuttings by the way!!!

Edited by shroomytoonos

cheers guys that little potted one will stay as is for a while, hope to grow a nice big peruvian over the next few decades :)

The shorter cut with almost non existant spines (t.pach it seems) is a one off, the other bigger cutting with the short spines i have four of, we'll see how all this goes :lol:

IMO I would say the first one is kk242, which is highly variable but general not very high in alkaloids.

I would say your other guesses are correct, t.pachanoi and ss peru.

The first one looks like Echinopsis cuzcoensis, 2nd pachonoi, 3rd macrogonus.

do u mind if I ask u where or who u got them from?, I recently acquired the 1st & 3rd & look almost identical maybe same seller?

The first one looks like Echinopsis cuzcoensis, 2nd pachonoi, 3rd macrogonus.

do u mind if I ask u where or who u got them from?, I recently acquired the 1st & 3rd & look almost identical maybe same seller?

i thought 3rd may have been macro also. Had a hard time sussing spines out with that photo though. Thought they may have been a bit short, and could not tell which direction they were facing,

Sounds good so far! Thanks guys :)

Shruman, they came from a local head shop in melbourne, as far as i'm aware the grower is local also so likely not the same source, although a large batch of this was dropped off (at least 30 15" cuttings) so maybe some were sent your way.. maybe

i thought 3rd may have been macro also. Had a hard time sussing spines out with that photo though. Thought they may have been a bit short, and could not tell which direction they were facing,

the amount of spines does seem a bit short, compared to mine though... that is if ID on mine is correct ofcourse

the last photo in the first post and JD's ones looks like the knuthianus(?) type in melb. Hope hhh gave the generous old dude some benefit if that's where it came from. :) It definitely looks like one of his logs.

Edited by gerbil

Yeah my cuts came from a person from melbourne, he used to be a member & is a very generous & great guy & excellent plants. :)