The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mandragora

Brugamnsia seeds, plants

Guest reville

Well theres always more seed at the seedring. Id be happy to see it grown out before they get too old.

I've still got all this brug seeds with their enormous seed coats.

I want to plant them soon.

Is there any trick with removing the seed coat, i. e. soaking or even scarifying?

Guest Mesqualero

I soaked the seeds overnight in warmish water and gently peeled the fleshy coat off.. the seed is like a bean type thing on the inside. That was for the Brugmansia arborea seeds which are quite big and easy to handle.

Guest mandragora
Originally posted by reville:

Well theres always more seed at the seedring. Id be happy to see it grown out before they get too old.

Okay could you send me an e-mail and what you have and how much, want to get my monster Brugmansia get going. smile.gif

Guest reville

Hi Mandragora

r u stil keen on the brugmansia seed?

If you have the time to grow them a can send quite a few your way before they get too old.

Guest mandragora

Sorry haven't been on this post, but reville send send send what ever you can, you last ones are in the grond and loving it. You can nearly watch them growing.

Guest reville

Yeah heaps.

Funnily enough it hasnt been requested much at all, a few here and there, and one guy up north who runs a nursery got a fair bit.

Personally I'd like to see it all used up, in the time ive had it the plants from it would nearly be producing seed by now. Better to get it all growing and select some nice clones.Send me a request and stamps and ill get some to you.

I have sanguina seed for Adrian and mandragora i can pass on seed for you.

How much did you want? i mean were you looking for a collection? or to reoffer plantlets for sale, which would be nice.

at the moment i would be happy with what ever i am trying to diversify the gene pool especiall the saguina well if you can email me your address i will send you some stamps and envelopes etc thanx heaps

thanks i got you address but i have just been placed in position where ill be needing to move so if its ok the return adress will be for my girlfriends house so i can get them in and growing asap

thanks heaps

Ive got heaps of seed if anyone runs out and needs more.

Alright, alright, alright.

I bow to the might of The Snail!

When I get back, I´m going to want some sanguinea seeds, please. Anyone?

The holocaust has taken place (one or two seedlings MIGHT survive, apparently).

Frikkin´ la-di-da frikkin´ bugs!!!

i would really love some brug seeds, can send stamps and envelopes. i would be VERY grateful indeed thankyou!! biggrin.gif

psycho email me or terah or send sae to afsr and you should obtain brug seed.

arborea and sanguinea are almost always available.

dont forget cuttings,which grow much quicker and are available in more varieties.

t s t .