The Corroboree
Hagakure

Youtube vids

Holy shit. Thanks for posting those two vids HD, I have seen them come up before but never watched them cause for some reason I thought it was just for cruel and sadistic ant-killing purposes.

Poor ants.. but wow, they sure are incredible artists.

I love insects more and more as I learn more about them.

This is quite cool.

"Crystals is an audio-visual collaboration utilizing live orchestra between multi-disciplinary artist Bruno Levy and DJ/composer Kate Simko.

Using stop motion photography, Bruno Levy captured various types of crystals growing under a microscope. As the evaporation process occurred, a wide variety of patterns and shapes were formed, creating an organic, yet otherworldly landscape. The compiled images are reminiscent of space and the creation of matter; as the video progresses the geometry of the crystals becomes increasingly complex"

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 2

Thanks Ceres. I definitely wouldn't condone doing this to any native ant-nest, too cruel for sure. Only the feral ones like fire ants etc. Cheers :)

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lK_cdkpazjI

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

Sound manifest. So fucking cool, blew my mind the first time I saw it done. :o

• Like 2

walking, jumping, balancing, Cubli

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n_6p-1J551Y

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

Ahhh.. YouTube vids and rainy days are such suitable counterparts :)

• Like 1

If anyone hasn't seen this yet, I'd recommend watching it. Because there's a good chance it could happen again if we keep going the way we currently are.

http://youtu.be/wn62AjIpWMw

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/xEJIR0-KJu0?t=43m47s

Glenn Greenwald Keynote on 30c3 - "you can go on an airplane [and] be away from [NSA's] prying eyes for a few hours at a time"

interesting keynote

Edited by bot6

This was a busy year for crypto.
TLS was broken. And then broken again.
Discrete logs were computed. And then computed again.
Is the cryptopocalypse nigh?
Has the NSA backdoored everything in sight?
  • Like 1

if you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to wory about
  • Like 1

Wow!

thanks Bot..........................probably the best use of 2 hrs in a long time..........part 2 is a must!...................its not a surprised......but still a shock.........................I have added Jacob Applebaum to my hero list along with Assange and all the others.............................

So basically we are fucked...........

there is no escape this thing lives on us.................

like lice

NSA

Edited by Dreamwalker

Edited by glimpse
  • Like 2

This is the departing speech of a hardline conservative Republican congressman from South Carolina, who was voted out of his own primary electorate for acknowledging anthropogenic climate change and supporting legislation intended to mitigate it.

I'd love to see a similar speech from Malcolm Turnbull, who lost party leadership over the same issue. Or Kevin Rudd, and Julia Gillard. Every one of them lost their leaderships over trying to do something about climate change...makes you wonder who's really pulling the strings. And it depresses me to know how dim the prospects of getting through to the climate change deniers (by and large they're not legitimate skeptics, in the scientific sense of the term) when they cry mutiny and shoot down people from their own political parties for speaking out. But they won't listen to anybody it seems. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil :rolleyes:

And his TED talk:

Edited by gtarman

• Like 3

Hey bot I just wanna point out that if you type illuminati backwards and then .com you get nsa website.

itanimulli.com

• Like 2

Hey bot I just wanna point out that if you type illuminati backwards and then .com you get nsa website.

itanimulli.com

Is that for real.?........I would try but I don't want them putting any more shit on my machine.................