Hagakure

Youtube vids

• Like 1

• Like 2

• Like 3

//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iluqmUGG6Yo

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 3

Was going to post a great talk by Alan Watts...

But what the hell is happening in this nightclub? LOLOL

Thought it was too funny had to share with you guys.

Edited by Soup
  • Like 3

that chick copped one hell of a back slap slam man mang.foof^^^^^L^^^^^^

kyuss>brant>sabbia movie

good thing to project in the background on a wall or something at a party somewhere perhaps ...n ' shit fuken

:bong:

• Like 2

nice but sadly idealistic............how do you eat ..where do you live before people recognize your expertise too the extent they are willing to pay you?....its a bit like those corny uni or college ads to get you heavily indebted while funding the professor's lifestyle.."be all you can be"...its bullshit!...& what if you want to do or try lots of things...so you become a jack of all trades but never & expert?...who feeds you and your kids?...its cold outside...

• Like 1

well keep in mind he's talking to an audience of money minded college kids about to begin the rest of their lives who have been trained by culture which teaches that money is what makes your worth. My first broker in real estate told me some wise words when i first started... he said... you won't begin making money until you forget about the money. when you are preoccupied with giving great service the money will find you ... The fact is that alot of agents in the business didn't give a crap about their clients, whereas the ones who did make a great living, just from repeat business and referrals from people and families who they were able to earn trust from... and its because they were good at what they did, know their markets, study the activity everyday and thus are able to fulfill their promises... I started out going after listings that didn't sell. agents just wanted signs in yards to generate phone calls. of course they wanted to property to sell but didn't even know how to talk to a client, how to price it right so it doesn't go "stale" on the market... what buyers expectations are in the current market... and if they don't know how to do that, what would make me think they understand the contract? The entire industry was built around lawsuits... seller wanted to take advantage of buyer, or buyer wanted to take advantage of seller, got mad, sued... if this became a regular issue they change the promulgated contracts over time to handle the issues before they are issues... it started with 1 page contracts and now they are 8+ pages with many amendements... but we can thank lawyers too for a bit of self interest in some cases eh... theres a shit ton of gurus in the industry who would teach alot of canned one liners as a sales pitch, but forget to mention the attitude which should accompany the words... especially how important it is to know what you are doing when dealing with someones hard earned money and home...

if you are going to start a plant business its the same thing you want to know how to raise a healthy plant... do we not each go through trials and learn from our mistakes? once you've learned most or all of the mistakes you are effectively a master.

theres a place in every society for a handyman and someone can make a decent living as a handyman if they are good at many things but consider more complex services... do you ever see a heart surgeon who moonlights as a dentist? how bout a mechanic who mows lawns that are not his own lol when I was in realty there were peeps who made tremendous fortunes but unfortunately the 80/20 rule applies in most cases.... Here in this city according to stats put out by the board, 19% of the agents were responsible for 80+% of the business transactions. so that means 81% of the agents were hanging around for far less than minimum wage (or they just werent working) ... every office I've worked in had a small group of ppl who were busy, on the ball and usually overwhelmed with work all day long, and a larger group who would hang around, conversate, complain, chirp chirp chirp lol it was interesting cause theres ALWAYS new ppl to the industry and you could see which type of attitudes were most likely to hang around.. I didn't make crap for the first year in the business... $3,000 bux approx... I could afford the dues frankly, so i took a job, saved up and came back.. my 2nd or 3rd month back I made about 15,000... I had a crapload of lessons to follow that tho.. ended up doing about 92k the next full year, but I lost myself and it took me literally years to

rediscover me. most important lesson of my life

I personally think that our values are screwed up in society and we have lots of industries that shouldn't exist... for example I think EVERYONE should be a nutritionist and demand high quality foods but not everyone can be in the lab testing the foods for nutrition so even the nutritionist relies on an "expert" in their field and that is dependent on the quality of information...I think EVERYONE should be a lawyer, to some extent, but its intentionally intimidating because its a business... laywers are in fact translators of the legal language. Not everyone can fix a flat tire and thats okay, that gives way for the handymen to come to the rescue... a handymen might be able to fix 20 small issues throughout a home, but if they will be breaking walls and cracking foundations to get to a pipe you might want to get someone who has experience there too. it would probably help if they are bonded too incase they screw up lol someone who does a major job here and there might mean well but unintentionally leave the individual they were attempting to give great service to, with even more problems and so I think that an important aspect of "Servie to Others" is mastery of your trade.

whatever it is you do most, you will get better at.. with each mistake a new lesson.. thats fine if you want to do a bunch of things at once but that won't gain you a reputation for the go to guy and not everyone wants that respoinsibility..on the surface every trade is made to look easy by the folks whom are good at it, but you cannot replace experience, and passion x experience eventually leads to mastery... nothing wrong with a simple life, if it puts the veggies and fruits on the table for your kids, more power to you :D

You don't NEED to be a master of anything to have a happy life, plenty of ppl okay with meager lives... but without experts, there would be no internet, no entertainment, no surgeons, no teachers, no pilots, no engineers, no dentists, no scientiests, no astronomists.. etc... what we could do away with and still be okay is overpaid ceo's , gurus, financiers, sales propagandists and career politicians AND ESPECIALLY, wealth inheritors.

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1

Two years ago, a Goffin's cockatoo named Figaro began living at a research centre in Vienna. These birds don't use tools in the wild -- Figaro's minders even argue that the cockatoo's curved beak makes tool use rather difficult for them.

But Figaro's environment, which features lots of wired mesh, apparently drove him to some novel behaviours. He was observed splitting off splinters from wooden material, and the bird used them to retrieve objects (generally food or toys) that were on the wrong side of the wire. Figaro was making tools.

Tool use had been seen in a number of birds, so this in itself wasn't entirely radical. But the researchers involved realised that it presented a fantastic opportunity to learn how tool use spreads in birds and what that tells us about their inherent mental capacities. Now, two years on, they're back with a description of how, when given the chance, Figaro has started a bit of a social revolution.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-09/08/cockatools

edit: wouldn't it be cool if figaro learned tool use from watching the humans

Edited by bot6
  • Like 2

Edited by bot6
  • Like 1

Edited by paradox
  • Like 4

• Like 3

check the sky out ...just as she erupts...awesome shock wave...

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BUREX8aFbMs

see where GE gets you lol....I wanta spiderdog...

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YoB8t0B4jx4

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 6