The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Need a pee?

...well there's some well spent tax money.

Brings new meaning to being lead by the nose. :blink:

AJ

..btw how the hell did you come across this one, I thought you were a busy person?

...well there's some well spent tax money.

There was actually a book released a few years ago that detailed all the 'publically accessible' toilets in melbourne. The author claimed to have at least one such toilet in every city block. This was not just public toilets, but also semi public ones like the bar at the Hyatt, or various food courts.

Mind you, my dad can't go for more than 2 hours with a loo due to kidney failure and the meds he is on. Often it is more like every 20 minutes. So, for months he mapped out all the available toilets in his region so that he doesn't get caught out. For some elderly people this map could be a real timesaver.

.btw how the hell did you come across this one, I thought you were a busy person?

I was googling for a suburb in kalgoorlie. This was the top hit. Strangely enough though when i clicked it it said that there was no toilet in that suburb :scratchhead:

I agree that that information can be a real help to people with medical conditions like kidney problems, diabetes, and bowel conditions like Crohn's disease which cause diarrhoea etc.

Edited by ~username

I agree that that information can be a real help to people with medical conditions like kidney problems, diabetes, and bowel conditions like Crohn's disease which cause diarrhoea etc.

Werd up. Even people with IBS often don't like leaving the house as much as they used to because of that reason.

Also for very handy for junkies :) LOL :P

Well since someone has broached the alternative uses aspect I may as well suggest that these lists are invaluable to the 'gay cruising' or 'cottaging' scene. Other useful guides for them would be truck stops and rest areas (a la Something about Mary scene which I still find hilarious).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_cruising_..._United_Kingdom

The UK made sexual activity in public toilets effectively legal some while back by repealing a law that made it an offence to have sexual activity in public toilets. Here's a counter argument to it by a Christian group:

http://www.christian.org.uk/pdfpublication...lic_toilets.pdf

Is sex in public toilets in Australia an offence?

Is sex in public toilets in Australia an offence?

These days most beats are not around public toilets but rather secluded parks. Might be different in the colder states.

I think it is an offence because it is 'sex in a public place', which is definitely an offence.

I can understand the motivation for cruising, but I think its purpose has largely been replaced. Beats were needed because gays did not have any places to meet. Now with gay bars [or at least gay-friendly bars] popping up everywhere there doesn't seem to be much of a need for beats. Then again I know some get off on the sleaze factor of public toilets, so I doubt it will ever be eliminated completely. Sadly I also think it really hurts the gay image.

These days most beats are not around public toilets but rather secluded parks. Might be different in the colder states.

I think it is an offence because it is 'sex in a public place', which is definitely an offence.

I can understand the motivation for cruising, but I think its purpose has largely been replaced. Beats were needed because gays did not have any places to meet. Now with gay bars [or at least gay-friendly bars] popping up everywhere there doesn't seem to be much of a need for beats. Then again I know some get off on the sleaze factor of public toilets, so I doubt it will ever be eliminated completely. Sadly I also think it really hurts the gay image.

Eliminated? It seems that there is a vibrant cruising scene everywhere. See:

www.squirt.org [ADULT CONTENT WARNING!]

This is the listing for Brisbane where washrooms seem to be quite prevalent:

Washrooms Garden City Shopping Center Brisbane , Queensland 45

Parks Daw Road Park, Runcorn Brisbane , Queensland 17

Washrooms Southbank Toilets Brisbane , Queensland 7

Washrooms Borders Book Store Toilets Brisbane City Brisbane , Queensland 3

Washrooms Anzac Square Shops Brisbane , Queensland 5

Washrooms Brunswick Street Station Fortitude Valley Brisbane , Queensland 17

Washrooms Queensland University of Technology - Gardens Point (QUT) Brisbane , Queensland 74

Washrooms Uni Lodge Brisbane City Brisbane , Queensland 5

Washrooms Queensland University of Technology (QUT) Gardens Point Campus Block B Brisbane , Queensland 5

Washrooms Broadway Mall Loos Brisbane CBD Brisbane , Queensland 4

Washrooms Fortitude Valley Pool Fortitude Valley Brisbane , Queensland 8

Washrooms University of Queensland Brisbane , Queensland 70

Washrooms Post Office Square toilets Brisbane , Queensland 16

Washrooms Common (The) Coorparoo Brisbane , Queensland 10

Parks Karawatha Park Brisbane South/Logan Brisbane , Queensland 2

Parks Downey Park, Windsor Brisbane , Queensland 6

Washrooms Waterford Public Toilets Brisbane , Queensland 7

Washrooms Queen St Mall Downstairs CBD Brisbane , Queensland 9

Washrooms Roma St Station Brisbane , Queensland 31

Washrooms Queen Street Brisbane City Brisbane , Queensland 2

Parks Dutton Park Dutton Park Brisbane , Queensland 37

Washrooms Nudgee Beach Wetlands Boardwalk Brisbane , Queensland 25

Parks Tansey Park Tanah Merah, Loganholme Brisbane , Queensland 2

Parks Skinner's Park Carbrook/Cornubia Brisbane , Queensland 4

Washrooms Great Western Shopping Centre Toilets Keperra Brisbane , Queensland 6

ewwww! I stand corrected. Maybe it was wishful thinking :rolleyes: I used to live opposite the beat at Moore Park in sydney and one of my flatmates used to cruise there and bring them back home. Often just for a few minutes - several times a day. He was HIV positive and I doubt he told (m)any.

I hear the GC spit is very active... man, the shit I have seen in those bushes...

I hear the GC spit is very active... man, the shit I have seen in those bushes...

There's something a bit unusual about that sentence; I wonder if anyone else can work it out :wink: