The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDragon

Great watch, Cocaine Cowboys

Ok, just trawling thru a torrent site, and found this beauty

Cocaine Cowboys

First person interviews with the kings of Miami, from back in the days, running boats and owning airfields, contracts with the biggest families in the biz. This docco is a great eyeopener. We all know there must/must have been some great players in this game, and this docco shares a little insight into their swifty moves. Ive only watched the first half hour, seems interesting enough to warrant sharing it wit y'all!

:drool2: Enjoi

Bd.

Edited by BlackDragon

Ok, just trawling thru a torrent site, and found this beauty

Cocaine Cowboys

First person interviews with the kings of Miami, from back in the days, running boats and owning airfields, contracts with the biggest families in the biz. This docco is a great eyeopener. We all know there must/must have been some great players in this game, and this docco shares a little insight into their swifty moves. Ive only watched the first half hour, seems interesting enough to warrant sharing it wit y'all!

:drool2: Enjoi

Bd.

in a previous post, you questioned the integrity of my discussing the preparation of an illegal substance, when you have just openly admitted to illegally downloading a pirated doco. On top of that, you are also encouraging others to commit an illegal act. I think this post should be removed mod, as it is self incriminating.

I think this post should be removed mod, as it is self incriminating.

huh?

Ok, dont go to the video store and rent spin/blow or anything for that matter. Pay for this docco with paypal or your visa. I dont see me asking any prep questions in this thread. Please dont chase me around :innocent_n:

:rolleyes: Seems alot of the Newer members possibly younger also take alot of this stuff way too personally...

:rolleyes: Seems alot of the Newer members possibly younger also take alot of this stuff way too personally...

first of all, im chasing u around dragon, these are the first posts that I have seen you post, and because the first one was a bit of an attack on me, I thought I would check out your other post.It is true though, that I don't really care what you post... and I was just being an arsehole. Also, I was merely creating discussion about prep..that is one of the purposes of this forum... I didnt say I was going to do it. second, im not "younger"young tripper, and if you had seen the shit I have been confronted with on recent posts, you may know why I am a pissed off at the moment.

Edited by shroomytoonos

first of all, im chasing u around dragon, these are the first posts that I have seen you post, and because the first one was a bit of an attack on me, I thought I would check out your other post.It is true though, that I don't really care what you post... and I was just being an arsehole. Also, I was merely creating discussion about prep..that is one of the purposes of this forum... I didnt say I was going to do it. second, im not "younger"young tripper, and if you had seen the shit I have been confronted with on recent posts, you may know why I am a pissed off at the moment...........

so yeah anyways, Thanks for the link BD! Looks like an interesting Doco!

the issue of piracey has come up a few times. so long as its hosted on an external server to SAB it should be fine. just remember that some links are illegal to click. also alot of people will still buy the origional after downloading the pirate copy, if they see it as worth buying. alot of docos of late are not for sale and disributed for free as they have little to no production value. keep in mind you dont have to click the link, alot of the time ill research reviews/transcripts about the doco in place of seeing it.

shroomytoonos - personal greviences should be kept as such and not aired in public, if about a thread then take the complaint directly to the Mod relivent to the section of forum or right to T himself. if its just a beef between you and BD then keep it such. when it becomes public it becomes a headache for both parties involved.

aside from all that, seams like a very interesting doco, i imagine its talking about the 80's-90's miami coke boom?

So I guess the question is, how much of a fabrication was Blow and how much was reality?

Yup, it shows from late 70's thru to late 80's.

From what ive watched, it ties in rather neatly to blow, blow being on the lighter side, just like the american beach side. The colombians and cubans are the ones that seem to have brought the violence(by no means i mean this in a racial context.). But so far as blow goes, yep, this story mingles in quite well, and really makes both movies/doccos stand up rather well. Blow isnt that far from the truth at all, maybe even a lighter version of the truth.

Apoth, have you seen the dvd extras(blow) on George Jung? Looks like these guys were in it together around the same time.

Nope, but now that you mention it I think I'll go over to my mates tonight and ask if I can't borrow her copy :P

Finished watching this last night.

Cool doco, definitely not a waste of time to see.

At first I thought it was a bit contrived and cheesy but by about halfway I realised I was hooked on the story.

this torrent crap is it just me or wtf?

i got a 100 mbps connection, and the fastest it comes down is 1kb to 20 kb per second, after 2 dyas waiting for the thing to come down, it sooooooo not worth it.

wtf?

dang!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have the correct firewall settings enabled?

When I downloaded it on my 8mbit it only took an hour.

Was waiting for some feedbak on this docco :)

I find that almost all reality based doccos, are slightly skewed in one way or another, its the nature of storytelling. The editing of the first bit is a bit more "hype diddly" than i expected, but the second half is an eye opener into the "whole story" of miami back then.. Ive always found that period of time to be very interesting, the change between smuggling with no authoritories watching to paying em off to terrorist style takedowns and tactics. And all the money... gee....... all that money.... Im suprised they didnt freeze any US bank accounts. Im sure the federal bank didnt complain.

Jasemateau, what didnt you like about it? or did you just not like the wait?

Edited by BlackDragon

i got a 100 mbps connection, and the fastest it comes down is 1kb to 20 kb per second, after 2 dyas waiting for the thing to come down, it sooooooo not worth it.

I have the same problem.

Makes no difference firewall on/off. BitTorrent is an exception with firewall on.

If you figure it out let me know.

So I guess the question is, how much of a fabrication was Blow and how much was reality?

It's based on a book apparently, so getting a hold of that would probably give a good indication. And, yeah, the extra's are good. The director did extensive interviews with Jung before making the film. I definitely want to get a copy of the book at some stage, get the whole story.

still hav'nt seen it :(

i'm still waiting.

interested but not worth tthe wait, it would seem.

i turned off me fire wall (windows)

and my norton one aswell to all incoming traffic.......

still 1-4 kbps dang!!!!!!

umm..about low torrent speeds, forgive me if you'd already thought of this, but some torrent sites have priorities based on whether you donate to the site or not. If you do, you go to the top of the list, and non-donaters get bumped down/off. Also, on some sites (the sort where you need to register), the uploader(s) can look at your sharing ratio & decide not to share with you if you're greedy - or just set it so ppl with less than a 1:1 ratio are automatically bumped. And lastly, ppl can also set their max upload speed, based on what their computer can handle, or what their service provider allows, or just whatever they feel like.

Of course, this is all just theoretical, and I don't encourage anyone to break copyright laws, nor would I ever do so myself.

hey guys

not sure if this is the best place to post this but it seemed topical...

if you want to get real torrent speeds you need to open a port through your router so the torrent app can stream bits properly. it's called NAT Port Forwarding. heres how it goes:

log on to your router (usually a web based client, instead of htt://blah.blah.com you enter 192.168.1.1 or somesuch) you will need the admin username/password for that router.

go to NAT port settings and specify an open port (somewhere round 54000 maybe) and assign the local IP address of your machine (local as in assigned by your router like 192.168.1.36 or somesuch, you can check it in your network connections) to that open port.

save and exit

then in your torrent app (i prefer utorrent on pc and azureus on mac), you go to prefs or settings and specify that same port (ie. 54000) as the operating port for the app.

theres usually a built in port forwarding tester on most torrent clients, see if you get the green light. your speeds will go waaay up, like shifting from dialup to broadband.

hope thats useful to someone :)

Yeah what Komodo said is what I meant about firewall settings.

Here is the FAQ link:

http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html

Note I wasn't referring to firewall (although windows firewall WILL block this) rather your router/nat box.