The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
terah

Looking for Aztec herb

Im looking for Quatrolatte. It might not be spelt right. Im a body piercer for all that dont know and apparently quatrolatte is really good for healing and drying out piercings or wounds.Id also be interested if anyone has tried anything else for wounds with success.

what reason do you have to spell it this way??

I can't find anything under that name. Any ideas of alternative spellings?

Thanks guys for trying.I got the info from a piercer who is quite arrogant and I think he might have misspelt it on purpose so no one else discovers his amazing find.Wanker.

This might sound amazingly obvious and you're probably doing it already, but a good friend who was a body piercer *swears* by Celtic salt solution.

Good sea salt clears the infection and dries the piercing thoroughly, wheras stuff like 70% etoh and some herbs just close the exterior and leave the interior in a state to allow continuation of infection. He tried it on a recalcitrant piercing of mine all else had failed with and it cleared up in a day.

going into the ocean is the best thing you can do for any such wound. applying celtic salt or its solution is the next best thing.

do not confuse 'sea salt' with celtic salt. sea salt has most of the other minerals removed and is basically just pure sodium chloride with traces of some other things. not much different from any other table salt. celtic salt on the other hand has over 80 different minerals - basically any mineral your tissue needs to regenerate. It also doesn't burn anywhere near as much when put on a wound.

btw, eating it in small quantities can actually lower the sodium levels in your system (good for high blood pressure).

Heres something that might be useful.

Croton Draco or Mexican Dragon's Blood, is called Sangre del Drago, and is used in Mexico as a astringent.

It has strong antiseptic and Bactericide properties therefore it is useful for cleansing an area of germs. Due to its anesthetic qualities it is very calming. It is also very useful for keeping insects away from your meditation area because it is a useful all natural insecticide. Details:

http://www.capricornslair.com/dragbloodres.html

Thanks all.

how do you prepare gotu kola for wounds? just make a paste of it?

i've read in various places that traditionally it's avoided in its raw form for topical application..that it is not as effective & potentially causes irritation. though before reading this, i have used the paste (mixed with a little chickpea flour) on some searing oil burns on my arm..the patches i applied the paste to did heal faster.

currently i use it on the skin as a medicated ghee.. had thought of adding turmeric for infections/wounds/staph...?

[ 13. February 2003, 09:51: Message edited by: coin ]

Turmeric sounds a good idea (the only occasion I had an extensive rash I didn't mind turning yellowy-green for a few days).

I use gotu kola as a vinegar when I can get hold of the fresh herb.