The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDragon

Plan Colombia

Heya'll.

Just wanting to share this docco with you. Plan Colombia. Its basically about the US coca iradication plan, and how, well, its not really bout the war on drugs.

Not at all.

More like a foot in the door.

The US have picked crop spraying(24th down the list of most effective intradictions) as a means of controlling the guerilla factions in colombia, moreso for the protection of Colombia's oil reserves. They allow the para-militaries to continue growing coca and destroy all the plantations owned by farq or similar guerillas near or around oil sites as prioritory. Therefore protecting and lining the corupt governments pockets while playing keeps with colombias oil, or as they put it, "our oil, that happens to be in another country!"

Its discusting to see the planes and heli's spray Roundup ULTRA everywhere, and i mean everywhere... but I spose you have all seen that before...

What also amazes is the small link made to the opium warlords of Afghanistan. Made me think more about this..... The US also needed the help of the tribal warlords with removing the taliban, as the opium lords controll much of the tribal lands. Uopn the desimation of the taliban(or what they have found of them) the warlords are again growing copious ammounts of poppy, and no US planes are there spraying are they? They(the US) fly daily over HUGE/massive poppy fields everyday with little or know irradication at all(yes i know there is a small poppy irradication party but its alomst insignificant) .

Why? well because the US have rewarded the opuim lords for their help by allowing them to harvest bumber crops, higher than most years previously. Nice reward for helping them destroy the talibs hey? Well, now the US can start another war down the track on the opium... means to an end? I dont think so....

Heres the torrent link PLAN COLOMBIA

BD

thanks for sharing, should be an interesting watch.

"our oil, that happens to be in another country!"

LOL ahhh im glad you put that in, funniest thing i ever heard. good ol uncle sam. LOL

What else would you expect in a unwinable war against a concept/compound.

The war on drugs, the war of terror, the war on illiteracy, etc. are only about money and politics.

The government never fails in its seemingly inexhaustible capacity for acting immorally.

The following link is largely unrelated but some here might like it :lol:

Chomsky Torrents

Thanks for the link Auxin, im sure ill find some good reading/viewing there :) and its amazing how these "powers to be" just keep making the same babbling mistakes... or setup their own vested future wars if you look at it like that.

Where will it end?...........

Anyhooo enjoy the docco.

Bd.

its amazing how these "powers to be" just keep making the same babbling mistakes... or setup their own vested future wars if you look at it like that.

Exactly! What mistakes? they set up their own concepts with which to fight against eternally in an endless cat and mouse chase; notice how once it catches it, it kinda just plays with it and lets it run off again, only to catch it again, cats can be pretty cruel to mice.

War on [concept].. pfft lets declare war on war ffs and end this.