The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fezza

A track I wrote and would like to share

Here is the link: Monk

I created this track about a year ago. Its a techno track with tibetan monk chants thrown in for good measure.

Please feel free to use it in any way.

there's an excellent track called Babaloo by DSR that came out 93ish. It's quite a minimalist tune but what really made it was the Tibetan monks chanting over the top. For awhile there DJs were going crazy mixing Tibetan chanting over tracks.......ahhh heady dayz :lol:

edit:--sorry Fezza, i forgot to mention that i enjoyed your track, thanks for sharing :wink:

Edited by nabraxas

Hey Fezza - pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

That sounds awesome Frezza

I've just started delving into the world of electronic music creation myself I've made one song so far but its nowhere near as good as what you've made.

I have to ask what program you using im using fruityloops 5 atm but am having a little trouble working out the mixer and effects I can only seem to add an effect to the whole song rather than a portion and it tends to ruin the song.

perhaps once I've mastered it a bit better and refined my music I'll post it but atm its a bit amature.

How do you get that elastic sort of effect where the music changes note without jumping

Either way awesome song have a good one and keep em coming

:)

That sounds awesome Frezza

I've just started delving into the world of electronic music creation myself I've made one song so far but its nowhere near as good as what you've made.

I have to ask what program you using im using fruityloops 5 atm but am having a little trouble working out the mixer and effects I can only seem to add an effect to the whole song rather than a portion and it tends to ruin the song.

perhaps once I've mastered it a bit better and refined my music I'll post it but atm its a bit amature.

How do you get that elastic sort of effect where the music changes note without jumping

Either way awesome song have a good one and keep em coming

:)

I use reason 3.0 to write my tracks. I've tried fruity loops, but I found it was not as intuitive as Reason. I really recommend you try it.

The elastic sort of effect is one of the sounds that comes with reason. Cause all of Reason is visual its hard to make a mistake.

good luck with it...

Greeny: when you click on a channel that you want to add the effect to and you will get the channel settings box, OK? In the top right hand corner it should display a little digital number [like a digital clock] with "__fx__ " underneath it, select 2 or anything above 2. Now go into your fx browser and select 2 [for example] or any number you have selected, you should now be able add the effect/effects that you like to this channel and not any of the others that aernt selected, you shouldn't use fx 1 as this is the default for each channel and will ad the fx to ALL channels, same as the MASTER. The MASTER is good for adding, say, some compression to the whole track if you are mastering or just want to change the overall sound of the the track you are working on.

Sounds like you refer to the portamento "that elastic sort of effect " which is usually found in the channel settings MISC tab, just click porta and have a muck around with slide knob, see how it sounds.

Hope this helps :) just PM me if you want to know more, i've been using FL for a while now so know how to use it quite well.

Fezza haven't had a chance to listen to your track yet, but rest assured I will, am sure I will like it, will let you know what I think.

Edited by tonic

Cheers tonic that helps alot.

Well looks like im back to messing around with fl but atm i cbf worked really takes it out of me

Greeny out

Not a problem mate, yeah I know it can be hard to find time or find inspiration at times, but it's always fun to just muck around when in the mood.

Take it easy.

Cool track Fezza, I like it, especially when the bassline kicks in near the end. :) Nice one.