The Corroboree
hairyplant

On north qld horse poo

Question

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...si&img=1209

I found these today on horse poo in fnq, any ideas?

Are still fresh but no obvious blueing, more a grey/purple colouring with age...

spore print coming...

btw, rains up here have caused a major pop-up-athon of fungi... get out there locals!

9 answers to this question

an inactive Panaeolus species

paneolus Foensicci If that is the correct spelling ? I believe, these seem to pop up after light rain heavier rain brings up the shrooms with goodies.

they are not inactive. they are very mild from my experience, but can also be rather yuckky.

yeah seems like the likely culprit - close but no cigar... Up there in the far north there could be all sorts of active species - i dont think many people have had a chance to do a detailed study around there. Who knows what you could find.

yeah, neighbour came home the other day with a big bag of P.cyan's

.. and considering who much rain has fallen (holy shit loads!!!!!) there are plenty more around the corner

There are heaps of those around that the moment, Apoth and I found ones the size of large cubensis on the camping trip, bloody huge I tells ya...

my friend found some of those down near canberra last December, plenty of them and hadn't rained heavily when she was down there.

i told her they were not what she was after but i just read on another thread that thems could be active but fairly minimal in contast to the real goodies? anyone verify?

peace ma smickities

Yeah now I look at them again they look a little meatier than foensicci the ones around here are more delicate than that, a foaf has had the displeasure of eating a very good amount of fresh foe & didnt feel any affects, & yes they tasted like shit.