The Corroboree
gerbil

Free Sceletium emarcidum seed

Have a small amount of freshly harvested Sceletium emarcidum seed which is currently drying from the rain.

Both S. emarcidum and S. tortuosum were grown in the same pot and both plants have many swollen ovaries which are slowly ripening, I am not sure if they hybridise with each other, and if so whether or not they did...more fresh seed to come in the following month.

An ant colony invaded and primarily ate out all of the emarc. flowers pollinating the plants, most of the tortuosum flowers were left untouched but still were fertilised from visual inspection.

These have not been sown for germination testing, I've only cut a few seeds open and they seem healthy and viable inside.

First 2 people to respond here (then PM me with an address to send to) gets some; vague guess would be about 15 seeds each, but plenty more to come.

Edited by gerbil

Hi Gerbil,

Sounds cool. i'll be interested.

cheers, Obtuse

Damn....

........missed it by that much.

Actually, I forefit my seeds to Passive Daemon :)

Cool ...this small lot is all gone, thanks for the interest.

Just counted and can do at least 15 for 3 people

Passive, can you please PM me your addy.

Thanks heaps Ace, you are a true gentleman, but it looks as if we are all in luck. :)

Thanks Gerbil :D

I would love a pack. If you're willing to send them across the world to Denmark.

:unsure:

If not would love some in Perth :)

This next batch is gone.

Ashoka, that's fine if it's a legal import at your end, pm me your address, i'll clearly label the bag and the seed will be clean.

cisumevil pm me your address.

More to follow, just figuring out how to best harvest, some seed looks ripe but their pods are still fully green and fleshy, but some are abscising themselves from the plant in this condition so i'm trying to dry them out and then harvest.

The heat got things moving, a little bit...

Fresh packet of seed for the next 4 posts, then pm your address.

Hey guys,

I received my seeds last week sometime and have potted them into a small cacti pot inside a zip seal bag. Would this be the best method to germinate? I've had none sprout so far (about a week since planting), and I dont want to see these little babies go to waste, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant seem to find any germination tips online...

Cheers

Ace

Yes please Gerbil !!

PM comin at ya :)

From herbalistics site

'Care and cultivaton Seed should be sown in Autumn/Winter in a cacti/succulent mix with a light covering of sand. Fluctuating temperatures are best, ie. high day and low night temperatures. Keep moist until germination which occurs in 14-21 days. Leaching through running water is supposed to increase germination rate.

Part-shade, sandy/loam mix, low humidity. Summer dormant, winter grower. Flowers in late winter/early spring.'

I'm not positive, but maybe a ziplock bag won't be beneficial (need lower humidity)? Possibly this could be 'cause of high rot potential? Not really sure.

But I suppose there are always exceptions to a plants preferred environment, for example this seed is coming off plants in full summer sun and has been actively growing during this season, but at times, and especially now, is starting to skeletonise, but some other cuttings in pots are starting to put on good vegetative growth which will hopefully grow and be my cooler year plant stock these coming seasons.

If you end up with no luck and out of seed Ace, let me know at the time and I may have some spare.

Edited by gerbil

Thanks for the info Gerbil! I will take them out of the bag and keep them under the fluoro - sounds like they should do fine, Just gotta be patient lol

I will let you know if I have any success, but dont worry about more seed, if I have no luck, let someone else give it a shot :wink:

Thanks again man!

are they still available? im keen if so..

cheers gerbil

yes viking you are the second, pm me your postal address. :)

two more lots still on offer, more seed still coming, getting a few pods mature every few days.

two more lots still on offer, more seed still coming, getting a few pods mature every few days.

Am I in time? Hoped to get some last time but they were all gone by the time I saw this post :(

Edited by psykopath_juggalo

yes still available. :)

People please post your request then PM your address, if everyone can post their request it can be figured out from the thread if there are any seeds left.

PJ you are the third, one more pack left atm for anyone interested...

Yeah, I'll take it!

Thanks Gerbil!

Thanks Gerbil!

Seeds arrived on Friday.

Much appreciated, All hail Gerbil !!

:)

Thanks heaps Gerbil, Received fine!!!

gday gerbil, hows life, I tried and failed to keep track of packs + and packs - ... it's been one of those weeks and a hot one to boot haha. Any chance of being able to adopt some of your pets?I'll love em and pat em everyday, take em for walks etc.

We Are the Vectors Anonymous,

GD