I couldn't help myself

DSCF0104.jpg

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

B)

Luverly specimens Fenris, where did you source the multi-tipped bridgesii from? (pic 1 & 2)

Damn, Fenris - very nice plants!! Any chance these will be moving to the swap and sell forum? :P

Believe it or not those were all propogated by a 72 yr old cactus God I met on the weekend.

Sourced from suberban Perth, I think the mother plant is as old as I am. I think I want to keep these, but the guy had plenty more and larger too and for a good price.

I gave the 2 pronged one away to a friend for his 33rd birthday.

Its great to see the older folks interested in the cacti :) Especially when they have massive collections! If you happen to be going back for another look/buy, then please let us know beforehand and we might ask you to keep an eye out for perticular specimens. Did you see any lophs? Understandable if the owner would prefer these sort of things not to be posted without his consent, though :)

schweeeeeeeeet....

I would be uber keen for a cut or 2 if you go back F'.

Let me know and Im sure we can figure out a good trade.

Cheers.

Nice plants there fenris.

I see in your pic that you can see your plants from the road? Do you keep them "visible" for others to see? If so Id recommend moving them for all to see..

hey id be well keen to get in contact with your cactus god friend and also trade some cuts with you pm me if u keen nice plants :)

Just to put everyones mind to rest, I am not keeping my source a secret, and will not be hoarding. Given the interest I am happy to pay him return visits so as I can help to spread the love around. It may not happen over night but it will happen and I am sure I can get some on to swap and sell if it is needed.

Dodie, my plants are all safely guarded by a viscious guard dog (soppy lick monster) in the back yard and not visible from the road, I just took the pics as soon as I unloaded the car :) I couldn't wait.

Thats mighty generous Fenris - any chance of putting a couple beauties in the Seed and Plant Exchange? I'm sure there'll be plenty of interest!

This will be image heavy.

Some pictures of the collection.

Image022.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

Image019.jpg

that is some collection, should really serve to stop the kids running around the pool

OMFG!!! Thats enough to make most deserts jealous!!!! How much does he want for the whole lot? I'll give him my next lottery winnings? :P

holy shit dude.

thats some collection he's got.

love the golden ball clumps.

Wow. That's awesome beyond words!

A fantastic collection. The golden ball in the last picture is exceptional

A fantastic collection. The golden ball in the last picture is exceptional

I believe it is 45yrs old, give or take a few.

OMFG... just realised those two palms are euphorbs!!! :blink:

its an awesome garden and the owner is super nice and generous thanks so much fenris for pointing me in the right direction :)

No problem YoWiE, my pleasure :)

I havn't taken any new pictures of my further expanded bridgesii collection yet but once I have them settled in and happy I will be putting sections up in the seed & plant exchange.

Out of interest would people be wanting an arm cutting or a cutting from a fatter column or a bare rooted 2ft plant?

Ace, I see one of them has your name on it, you too Andy

I would prefer trades over $ as I would like a more varied collection but I imagine it might be a couple of weeks before I get the pics up for trade.

If individuals are really interested I can take some quick shots.

Edited by Fenris

Sweet - I'll see if I can track down a big piece of pedro or cuzcoensis for you fenris - I've been after bridgesii for a while now ;) PM me when you are ready to do trade - I'll see what I can round up :)

Fat column cutting for sure, with arm cutting next in line of preference :drool: . pm me if you're interested in swapsies :)

That is one serious cactus collection.

I am so envious. I bet a lot of hard work and a lotta love went into that.

Its very cool.

Im taking a long weekend away tomorrow evening with the girlfriend in Jurien Bay with the fishing rods and thought I would post a quick picture of the trade stock.

They need some more water to rehydrate and some food as they have a slightly wellow tinge but they are still healthy none the less.

See you all next week.

DSCF0118.jpg