The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MORG

Hagigat: Khat extract

I've been quite interested in khat lately. The effects of a small quid are really very enjoyable, kinda like a Red Bull with more mood enhancement.

My two plants are far too small to do anything with now so I think I might have to source some more for my collection.

Here is an article on "Hagigat" which is reputably a pill made from Khat extract. Everything else I've read states that cathinone is unstable and virtually non-extractable.

SAB: "Cathinone (and also the synthetic methcathinone) are quite unstable in any form other than as a 'strong acid salt' and as such extraction is virtually impossible without total destruction"

So what of these pills? How are the alkaloids extracted/preserved?

Drugs and dance as Israelis blot out intifada

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2...1296958,00.html

Nightlife in Tel Aviv on a par with the best in London and New York

Conal Urquhart in Tel Aviv

Saturday September 4, 2004

The Guardian

It is Thursday night and the young of Tel Aviv are queuing for their supplies for the big night out of the Jewish week.

At the city-centre kiosks, some customers ask for cigarettes or some gum, but about one in three furtively inquires: "Hagigat?"

The shopkeeper looks straight ahead. His hand moves below the counter and he pulls out a small white capsule, which he exchanges discreetly for 50 shekels (£6.50).

Hagigat is the latest in a line of legal drugs which add spice to Tel Aviv's already potent night life.

It means "party" in Hebrew and is derived from khat, a plant chewed in Somalia and Yemen for its amphetamine effect. Other legal drugs include "liquid energy", a test tube of viscous plant extracts, and amyl nitrate or poppers.

As Tuesday's suicide bomb attack in Beersheba demonstrated, the conflict continues; Palestinian frustration is boiling less than a 20-minute drive from Tel Aviv. Yet the party goes on, driven by a desire to escape the grim realities of Israeli life.

In the past four years of the intifada, Tel Aviv's nightlife has gone from strength to strength. Larger and better bars, and clubs that would put London, New York and Paris to shame, open and close regularly to satisfy fickle tastes.

The only major upset was the killing of 21 young people in June 2001 as they queued for the Dolphinarium nightclub on the city seafront.

"It was only when there was the bombing at the Dolphinarium that it hit people," said Amir Bar Yitzhak, the editor of the Leyla nightlife website.

"That was right at the centre of nightlife. That started a decline in people going out, but they got used to it. Then people decided they were going to go out in spite of everything and party until they fell down. That has levelled out a bit now and things are more normal."

Legal drugs have become a major part of the hedonism. Hagigat is described on the packaging as "an aphrodisiac of organic material. 100% natural without chemicals".

"Drink after food and take with a lot of water. Sell only to those over 18," it advises.

Ronen Hazut, the owner of a city-centre kiosk, said: "Hagigat sells fast. People take this pill and say it's amazing. It's our biggest money maker and that's why we sell it."

Moshe Haimkevitch, his partner who has taken the drug, said: "You feel high, but you're still alert and know what you're doing. You have power and energy, and most important, it makes you incredibly horny," he told the daily newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth.

Another popular product is Liquid Energy, sold at a similar price. "This is drunk mainly during parties, and has to be shaken well. It has good effects and gives energy," said Mr Haimkevitch.

In the past year several new venues have opened, described as "pick-up" bars. They feature large serving areas surrounded by scores of bar stools to ensure that everyone is visible to members of the opposite sex.

David Tur opened Tel Aviv's largest bar, Lansky, last year. It cost more than a £1m to fit out and features 100 bar stools around the longest bar in the Middle East, if not Europe.

"People come here because they want to see people. The customers here are mostly single or cheaters," he said. "This place is labelled a pick-up bar. I don't know what that means. There is a lot of interaction between people who don't know each other. If that makes it a pick-up bar, then it is."

Mr Tur, who worked in London for several years, said the nightlife experience in Tel Aviv was totally different.

"The interaction is very different here compared to London. Here you can see everybody, you are sitting next to everybody. It's not like you are going to a bar with your friends, you are sharing the experience with everyone," he said.

Mr Bar Yitzhak added: "The atmosphere is warm, open and welcoming. Everything is straightforward. There is rarely any violence and you don't see any obvious drunkenness. You can always make friends; there is always someone to talk to."

When drawn on the subject, most Tel Aviv residents favour compromise to achieve peace with the Palestinians. But on the whole they try to block out the military regime and the oppression of Palestinians.

"I can appreciate it isn't much fun living in a refugee camp, or in the West Bank," Mr Bar Yitzhak said. "But I think it is hard for people elsewhere to imagine what it is like for someone to come to your favourite bar or cafe and blow themselves up.

"We are in the middle of the barrel of a gun, yet everything is still so alive."

A resident of Israel, originally from the UK, describes taking hagigat:

I discreetly slip the capsule into my mouth and wash it down with Czech beer. Around the bar, I can see groups of men and women talking animatedly and some are dancing.

Typical Brit, I won't dance or initiate conversation.

"Where you are from?" pipes up one of my female neighbours."So you like Israel?" she continues.

Rather than retreat into my shell, I smile broadly and start to chat. I feel a tingly sensation and a sense of confidence. I've had just one small glass of beer: this could only be the hagigat.

The music is now flowing through my body. I look around the bar indulgently. This is a great night.

Now I feel more than warm, almost sensuous.I need to stroke something, anything. The feeling remains with me for the next couple of hours.

Eventually I feel a sense of anxiety and the warmth decreases. I feel impatient and I need another drink or maybe just another hagigat.

gotta say my bullshit detector was going nuts when i read the topic "khat extract"

would really like to know whats in those capsules.

surely it cant be cathinone.

still could be something khat derived

Edited by Hagakure

Whats tel aviv gotta do with it,screw tel aviv, bunch of people.. theres, ( dont flame my freedom of speech!) May jesus burn that city to the ground.... His words not mine (jesuses).

I dont think its possible or even worth trying a khat extraction, the thing in tel was probebly plain old illict drugs.

I am not a crook!

:crux:

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

shut up man.

there are some people here from Israel.

and i took this thing 2 years ago with my girlfriend and it very feels like mdma. like tiny mdma...

i dont know what inside but its a good shit.

i hate Tel-Aviv too, but why burn it?? r u kind of natsi?

Whats tel aviv gotta do with it,screw tel aviv, bunch of fags theres, ( dont flame my freedom of speech!) May jesus burn that city to the ground.... His words not mine (jesuses).

I dont think its possible or even worth trying a khat extraction, the thing in tel was probebly plain old illict drugs.

I am not a crook!

Try the half-strength crack next time. All the fun of full strength, without the annoying paranoia and ego inflation of high-octane prick fuel you have working for you right now.

:slap:

jesus on peyote - your post has been reported to the moderator for him to deal with independently I am just letting you know that your next abuse will see you account cancelled.

khat extract COULD be cathine. This is a little like ephedrine, but not as nice. It is much more likely however that it is oxidised PPA, which forms cathinone. Even more likely [from the description that it is like mdma] is that it is in fact methcathinone. This is almost indistinguishable from MDA [note the missing m] in both effect and duration. It is easily made from epehdrine or pseudoephedrine. Not really natural, but then again many of these products simply state that to stay under the legal radar.

i am not a nazi or a terrorist supporter,i was just stating that in the bible that tel aviv ( had a differant name back in bible days) would get destroyed by "angels" for some reason.

Im sure there are israilis on here, just like there are germans, greeks, turks, chinese,japanise, italians and so on. im not decriminatory on israil, if it where up to me ild burn the whole darn world down n let the suvivers rebuild.

Im sure it sounded racist and stupid but iv read alot worse things on here, if people cant take it then oh well im sorry for farkin breathing. jeez cant say anything these days

PS - I AM NOT A CROOK!

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

Whats tel aviv gotta do with it

Not much. Don't change the subject.

I was hoping Tomer would chime-in actually, thought he might have gone there. They sound like a fun enough party-pill.

Thanks for the info Torsten.

I am sick or trolls, racist, bigots, and generally people who's main contribution here is to spread discord. If you don't feel like contributing to building a community then I don't want you here.

And no, it is not the biblical reference that is offensive. It is your degrading and insulting generalisation about the people who live there. :angry::BANGHEAD2:

ok sorry then, ill change "fags" with straights? or idiots or whatever, its just a word,plus i did try to contribute about the khat extracts.

Whats tel aviv gotta do with it,screw tel aviv, bunch of fags theres, ( dont flame my freedom of speech!)

That's not freedom of speech. That's hate speech.

Freedom of speech does not mean that you have a free license to insult and hate others.

They mention amyl nitrate. Good to see the misinformation continuing to spread.. :unsure: (its nitrite you bastards!)

jesus, i hope you will change your racist and extreem inmature way's, one more racist or degrading remark and your membership will be cancelled.

to the other forum members i say, please don't give this too much of your attention, as shit stiring posts are not what this forum is all about.

Not to sound rude with this post but PH,i did notice tomer say he HATES tel aviv and i dident see him getting a warning for being racist..? and as for the burn it to the ground thing,i admit i did overstep the mark but i also explained the refrence of it, i dident mean it to sound racist, and for using the F (fag) word its just an empty insult ,prolly less insulting then saying you actually hate em.

I Believe i gave the same general amount of information as Torsten, just less detailed coz im not as informed as him,if i was, i would have. ( thats why i read the forums )

This is not a troll post,just trying to clarify some things.

PS- i dont do crack and i dont have anything against you tomer, i was just using the statement as a reference.

Hope we can get past this and i promise ill never post when im drunk again.

:devil::crux::devil:

Any Who getting back to the original topic at hand.

I believe that cathinone although being unstable and oxidising outside its protective environment inside the plant very quickly, IS stable in its salt form. Therfore a tailor made extraction tek using a slightly acidic solvent from fresh material should theoretically extract the cathinone safely in its salt form.

If this "party" pill is indeed derived from Khat and is active as described then i'd say this is probably whats in it. Cathinone Hydrochloride.

If only my Khat was a lil larger I could test this theory, but that would be a no no in big bro eye's wouldn't it. Theory will have to sufice then :)

Hagigat is methcathinone.

Hagigat is methcathinone.

Not really derived from Khat then by the looks.

Unless that is they oxidise cathinone to nor pseudoephedrine then methylate that to pseudoephedrine and then oxidise that to get methcathinone. Be easier to use ephedra and go straight from E to MC squared :)

Just out of curiosity whats the favoured salt product?

For methcathinone?

Hydrochloride.

Methcathinone is piss easy to manufacture, trying to methylate an extract from khat would be a great waste of time and effort.

the israeli's seem to like the ol' khat!!!

ur a brave man indeed if u plant khatr in ur front yard on the nthrn rivers!!!!

of the israeli khat fiends i have encountered, manners are not there fort'e!

they love their khat!

I understand why though, great stimulant effects- excellent for manual labor, easy to grow, drought tolerant and i rekon the red khat is one of the most beautiful plants going.

whats a khat field look like? how do they manage their plants? do they prune to make the plant a certain shape or is it rather bushy?

Whoa-ho!!! Those pics of the field are insane.

I guess there's a high demand for it though.

I've always wondered about logistics in getting khat to the people in that a sprig will only be good for so long.

And how long after a branch is plucked before it's not fresh enough for a khat-chewer?

I got thinking about this after seeing the movie Dirty Pretty Things. It's a film about illegal immigrants in the UK and the African character (from which country I cannot remember) hangs out in Somali clubs/cafes in London and buys branchlets of khat over the counter.

Anyone ever bought khat in this fashion?

wow, crazy pics apoth

morg - i have read sources that bundles purchased are no more than 3 or 4 days old.

not sure how much longer will render the leaves inactive

purchased leaves are often refridgerated, or more generally upon transportation to or from 3rd world nations, occasionally doused with water and wrapped in bannana leaves to prevent moisture evaporation.

Not sure how many days it stays good for....

I have also discovered that the fresh 'tips' seem to be a lot more potent. Maybe due to the softness, not as much mastication is necessary for the release of the cathinoine and this is why i see increased results with tips (narrow leaf is best too guys for taste and potency i have found...red almost as potent...but very soapy taste

Narrow leaf after a few goes is like NOM NOM NOM