The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sobriquet

"Mushroom growing made easy" DVD movie.

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had watched this DVD called "Mushroom growing made easy".

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/532286/3271092/

It's a 3.23 GB file but it may be a worthwhile download. Can anyone give their opinions on it?

Is it good or is it whack?

EDIT: Here's a link to online video http://opposingdigits.com/vlog/?p=468

Looks OK.

Edited by sobriquet

Never heard of it, though if someone is planning on downloading or already has it, is there a chance it could be burnt to a cd/dvd for some of us that simply cant download that much? Pretty please with like a cupcake stacked with all of all your favourite toppings :worship::worship:

I've not seen the movie, but in my opinion, best thing to do is to just read a few different teks, and do it yourself to suit your personal requirements :)

I had to change a few things to suit my situation on my first grow and have used the same tek since then.

KlUe

Sobriquet its a great movie

Although I downloaded it off google video. Its only 450 megs. You find it and hit download. Too easy, Good video that outlines the basics on PF tek and Casing, Loved it

I loved it, it an easy to follow doco. But from what I've read in your posts, I don't think it will teach you anything new, but mearly reinforce things. But I certainly recommend it, it may help you improve some of your techniques.

very good, practical guide. not sure how effective methods presented are, as I have never grown, but seemed to cover in an easy to understand manner, the basic method presented in stamets? classic book on subject. I would say, well worth for 1st timers. Also, if it is a bit torrent, why not just download it and check it out?

I can also recommend this one. Great for anyone looking to learn the basics, but goes into a fair amount of detal.

Yeah i thought this was a fantastic little documentary. It sums up most of the good teks really well.

Definitely well worth watching for beginners as it stresses again and again about things like sterile conditions etc.

but also sets the scene for Stropharia Cubensis (Psilocybe cubensis). so you may need to keep in mind how relevent it may be for you own particular species of interest.

its worth it too as a visual aid, if you have problems visualising whats going on in the teks.

anyway, well worth watching,

cheers, Obtuse.

Edited by obtuse

agreed with obtuse, well worth the watch and it put alot of visual to the general theory on the subject. :drool:

even if you understand the process as text, its still worth while.

Download finished today. Have not watched it myself but will soon.

If anyone that due to insufficient internet access cannot get it, PM

your addy and I will send a copy converted to dvd for easy watching.

:P

I managed to score a copy on DVD of this (burnt copy) from a generous online pal - what a great little doco/guide! Very well explained and goes into some of the more advanced techniques such as agar, isolating mycelium, grain etc. Not very complex - but great for newbs and for general entertainment. Love the smileys on the guys in the vid :P

Also has a few super-speed clips of fruits forming and maturing, as well as mycelium developing and colonising a jar - very cool to see!

Thanks again to that champ who made a copy for us!

Just for anyone interested in DL'n this vid there is a compressed version of it avalible as torrent also. Its 699 Meg aposed to over 3 Gig. Qualities fairly good, more than enough to do the job, its not a special effect block buster after all. :)

IMO definatly worth a watch, especially for those new to or interested in starting into the hobby of mycology. Simple and to the point, pictures speak a thousand words after all.

I to have this converted to DVD, if anyone would like a copy drop me a PM.

Share and share alike !

just got the 700mb version. really worthwhile for novices such as myself. now all i need's a print. has anybody ever ordered a print from overseas? I'm thinking that the Hawk's Eye site looks promising, not sure if it's kosher to order prints here in aus though....

Hi user1,

I think you'll find that ordering from overseas is generally not recomended, as there is (supposedly) a large range already in Aus - you just gotta look in the right places. Perhaps you might want to keep an eye out for print comps (though its been a while since we've had one here, I think) or perhaps request one in the trades forum. But I think you'll also find that most people will be pretty reserved until you have quite a few posts before sharing. Perhaps if you continue to contribute enough in the community you will be given access to a print :) Thats to say if there are still some floating about :wink:

Good luck with your endevours and welcome on board :D

Ace

Yeah, ordering from overseas as tempting as it is, is not at all a good idea. If its an edible then maybe, if its funky forget it.

Customs will kick your arse if your package is one of the randoms they happen to check. You don't want that !

Like ace said there are quite a few mushies around the traps here in oz, persistance and patience are the key :)

Greencavefloat mentioned that he will hold a spore print comp/giveaway soon so stay tuned.

yeah thanks guys, i thought it would be a bit of a problem. ah well, as you say, patience. bring on the rain I say. BOM shows a heap of rain moving towards the east coast this evening :D

Great little doco :)

Mine was an mp4 download and was only 274MB download, but you need the new version of quicktime or similiar to play the dang thing as I found out the hard way :lol:

Edited by lsdreamz

The missus and i always have a good laugh when we see the bloke with the thumbs up before he goes into the bathroom hahaha. Simple minds laugh at simple things

I love that scene too. lol

The missus and i always have a good laugh when we see the bloke with the thumbs up before he goes into the bathroom hahaha. Simple minds laugh at simple things :rolleyes:

That bit was a crack up!! and the fact that he's wearing ski goggles cracks me up too :lol: