The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Botanist

Seeds of E.novogranatense wanted !

Guest Botanist

Good Morning Australia !

Chilly greetings brought to You by Botanist!

So, anyone have seeds of E.novogranatense ? Cuttings do the job as well, If one can guarantee their survival.. For trade, I'd have seeds of P.somniferum, Tobacco a'la Virginia, D.Stramonium, and H.niger.

So how's about it ?

------------------

Locos Cactis

Guest Thelema

yeah ill tell you where you can get some of these seeds. carefully sift them out of your own shit.

Guest Mesqualero
Originally posted by Thelema:

yeah ill tell you where you can get some of these seeds. carefully sift them out of your own shit.

Hmm nasty frown.gif

Guest reville

perhaps not.

Botanist This species has been listed by botanical gardens in Australia but i doubt it is the kind of plant they leave accessible to the public. It is also not well distributed owing to the short viability of its seed.

There are many other factors that make the likelihood of anyone on this forum unlikely to have access to this plant or any like it and i dont think Australia is the best place to be looking.

If you were truly after the seed then i rcommend reading murples' acount of a trip to Sth america. That would be your best chance, to go and ge it yourself (hence sifting berries out of poo). That is if you can get the farmers to part with seed which is unlikely by what ive read.

I recommend an interetsing book by Henry hobhouse, six plants that changed the world. Its a great read on the history of ethnobotany and describes just how long biopiracy has been going on and how the fates of empires and nations have ben decided by economic crops. Coca is one, plus Tea , opium, sugar,rubber Quinine and coffee - damn thats 7 - one isnt there anyway. Im pretty sure the sth americans are still pissed at the british and dutch for stealing quinine and rubber ( though they stole coffee in return)

If youd like to get ripped off then i recommend another Australian Ethnobotanical supplier who used to stock this species both in plant and seed form.However i think the asking price was around $450 australian and the likelihood of getting a living plant is virtually nil to your home address.

I think thelemas' advice is the only good advice you'll get on this one.

If dopaminergenic stuff is your thing then i suggest you explore the very fertile field of the Aizoaceae, plants like Sceletium for example.

Guest Botanist

Thank you Reville, for your profound answer.

I am aware that getting them from st.america may be the only possibility, but since there has been some conversation on the topic, I decided to take a chance and ask. Unfortunate, that I had none success. Gomaos told me a story about cuttings (E.novo) and those were about the same cost you just said.

But cheer 'ol, maybe we'll get lucky ! smile.gif

By the way, would you recommend M.hostilis ?

Guest reville

Mimosa hostilis is another hard to source one.

My own search led me to Several interesting facts and possibilities.

It is grown in mexico and Brazil for the commerciall sold bark using techniques that maximise root bark yield and make for easier harvesting. It looks similar to the methods used for desmanthus production in Trouts notes on the same topic.

Apparently the seed harvest has failed 2 years in a row and so what should be freely available is now rare. I also think that the growers arent helping the dissemination of seed for what is aa very lucrative trade.

The Tropical savannah that it is native to means it could be cultivated in similar cliamtes throughout Africa, India and SE asia. I imagine it would also grow well in the gardens of people in the NW WA, NT and QLD (States of Australia)

Until the shortage i think Om chi was selling seed. Im sure there would be some in australia at present and i suppose its just a matter of time B4 they set seed.

Since you are in Finland have you looked into

some of the natives there and adapted exotics?

Panaeolus subbalteatus

Psilocybe bohemica and P azurescens

Amanita muscaria

Corydalis and meconopsis poppies

Phalaris arundinacea - selected forms

Phalaris aquatica - selected forms

Salvia divinorum and other productive leaf producers indoors under fluorescent tubes

Guest Botanist

Sorry about answering so slowly, I live far away from this library

I've seen the park in sale, but Im more interested in the living plant. M.pudica is in my reach, but I've heard that M.hostilis is mm...more potent. smile.gif

Om chi ? Can I find a website with those initials ? Is it a supplyer or an individual person ?

Well, Im not into mushrooms (except "herkkusieni"the one that is in pizza) Magic mushroom however is attempting..

I kinda like the exotics like cacti and papaver and so forth.

By the way, Salvia was banned here at the same week you wrote your reply.. They couldn't had any better to do than bann some evil plants...!

Well, If I recall, there's some S.divinorum at the University's garden.. smile.gif

Well, thanks again. I hope I would someday be the happy owner of E.Coca...

Take care !

Tero

Guest reville
Originally posted by Botanist:

Om chi ? Can I find a website with those initials ? Is it a supplyer or an individual person ?

www.om-chiherbs.com

also heard good things about

Maya ethnobotanicals

if one was to dawdle off to the forums at entheogen.com and then mosey down to the vendors forum, one might chance upon a vendor taking advance orders for e.coc seeds.

legend has that the vendor is legit enough. did you read the post? the fellow runs a business and doesn't get a pasting on gliders rating page. ....and i think the reason for the advance expressions of interest is so that he can get the seeds out quicksmart. maybe this will benefit customers closer to where he lives due to the time/distance factor. ....and i'm also very aware that the deals of this nature in the past have been less than good but this lad risks a very public lambasting on many forums if he fucks up, seems to me he has stuck his neck right out for this.