The Corroboree
Torsten

Forum upgrade

likewise -- thanks torsten

Yes, many thanks

ed

:worship: All praise to the big T-bag! :worship:

:P

Seriously, thanks Torsten, you really are a dedicated guy. It would've taken me a week or two to bother with the upgrade. You're a good role model for a st0ner. :lol:

Reading this thread, I've gotta say I was amazed by the first page of posts. Torsten starts off with "I've changed the forum software, I'm focusing on making it work right now before I change the color scheme back to what it was before", the next 20 posts are people complaining about the colour scheme! :BANGHEAD2:

You can't please them all, but you definitely please me torsten. :wub:

You're a good role model for a st0ner.

ROFL! :lol:

Reading this thread, I've gotta say I was amazed by the first page of posts. Torsten starts off with "I've changed the forum software, I'm focusing on making it work right now before I change the color scheme back to what it was before", the next 20 posts are people complaining about the colour scheme! :BANGHEAD2:

yeah, you get that :wink: . But then again I am sure not everyone knows the difference between a stylesheet problem and a functionality problem.

but you definitely please me torsten. :wub:

high praise from a '5 times a day' guy like yourself :P:lol::wub:

btw, have just been told that the improvement on this server will only be temporary. Basically we've been moved to a new box that doesn't have any traffic or accounts on it yet. That means we get to use the CPU resources that the future customers aren't using yet. As the box gets filled up we will start to have more problems again and we will then have to upgrade. So, we have a few months to try and get the CPU usage down or things will get expensive.

Once again thanks for your tireless dedication to sustaining this site and the irreplaceble knowledgebase that it is. :worship:

I second that. One small gripe though!?! New BB software upgrade, but still no SSL (https) ??

Hi Torsen,

Not sure how many ppl here use firefox, but there is a huge difference in the layout of the reply page between IE and firefox.

here is the attach fucntionality in IE

post-1860-1168248804_thumb.jpg

but the functionality is not available when using firefox. (I have the latest version of firefox)

post-1860-1168248817_thumb.jpg

and also, most of the toolbar for text editing is missing in firefox.

I just thought I'd metion it, if this can't be fixed it, I'll just keep using IE.

Thanks.

Fezza, I do everything in firefox and it works fine for me.

love the "Biene Maya" avatar. used to watch that all the time when i was a kid.

I was having that same problem, text menu not working, and no attachments, but now its all showing up fine...

EDIT: Fine, except for the ugly 'this will autoclose in 2 seconds' box in the middle of the attachments. And what happened to the SAB image at the top of the page? Now its a big blue Invision one.

Edited by psykopath_juggalo

Attachments work fine here using ff2.

I just upgraded to FF2 and it solved the problem.

:rolleyes:

not sure if this has to do with the upgrade, but today i have received about 15 emails for a forum subscription notification in regards to the same post at the boards (chill space). my pc is being kinda funky today after a software installation for a new digicam, though.

were there 15 new posts on that thread?

no, no there weren't 15 new posts. there was one new post and i received fifteen or so notifications of that same post.

hmmm, could have been a spat on either the server or your computer. let me know if it happens again.

I really dig the new member suspension/threat of suspension feature that's been rolling out in the last few weeks. Great functionality !

Toungue in cheek statement, Torsten. Meant to make you smile :huh:

I really dig the new member suspension/threat of suspension feature that's been rolling out in the last few weeks. Great functionality !

LOL, it happens once every year or two.

Been noticing often I get the popup that says I have two new PMs, but they're from the same person and the same message, and when I click on one message it goes back to saying 0 messages even though the duplicate is unread.

Not a big problem but just thought i'd point it out.

Cheers

i just noticed that if you click the members name (@ the left with avatar) on a thread page

then the drop down menu is transparent instead of opaque and its quite hard to read.

CSS prob?

edit: also if i close the "site message- will close in 2 secs" ---the one at the top of the page, then the line below

shifts up and you can't see a few of the options.

(using FF2)

both have been noted and are probably CCS issues.

Been noticing often I get the popup that says I have two new PMs, but they're from the same person and the same message, and when I click on one message it goes back to saying 0 messages even though the duplicate is unread.

Not a big problem but just thought i'd point it out.

Cheers

I'd be interested if anyone else has this problem. If not then this is likely just your profile and easy to fix.

I'd be interested if anyone else has this problem. If not then this is likely just your profile and easy to fix.

Seems like my profile has had some bad luck lol.

Btw Torsten I emailed you the text that wasn't going through.

Cheers

Top left it always says "site message (will auto close in 2 seconds)" and ah.. I dunno what it means!

Also I find myself having to sign in again every couple of days, when it used to stay signed in until I cleaned up internet temp..

Dunno if that's relevant :)

Also I find myself having to sign in again every couple of days, when it used to stay signed in until I cleaned up internet temp..

I get that too, I used to never have to sign in, but now I've had to about 3 times in two weeks. I almost couldnt remember my password

Top left it always says "site message (will auto close in 2 seconds)" and ah.. I dunno what it means!

:rolleyes:

me too. Haven't tried resetting cookies etc, but maybe that will help.