The Corroboree
Torsten

Forum upgrade

Has anyone noticed that there is a member rating system?

In the user profile section you can rate your fellow members from 1 to 5 stars; unfortunately 0 isn't available ;)

rating was always a feature, but it was decided by the members to turn this off.

The easiest way to quickly fix the forums was to insert the old style sheet. this does not have the styles for all the new features. I will need to add them manually. it will have to wait till I have a very patient day ;)

Arhghhghhghh you had me hypoventilating, I have an addiction to this forum and when its not working for 45 minuets i get anxiety attacks... fiew, the spam bots gone

spam bots won't be a problem anymore. even if they break through the new turing number test, I also have the option of putting in a logic test which they can't break. I won't actually sue the logic one until it's needed, but it is good to know we have a back up procedure.

Currently the biggest problem is the server load. The techs have had another look at it and now think that there is something fundamentally wrong with my server. Things just keep going wrong and so far each tech has dealt with this in isolation. Now one of them has finally connected the dots and is trying to find out what's going on. Failing that, I've already decided to upgrade - at least until the problem is fixed. I'm sick of getting the 'forum closed' message and restarting my servers several times a day.

thanks Torsten for all the work you put in to keep the forums up & running.

much appreciated. :worship:

"squeaky wheel get the grease"

the 50 or so emails I wrote to tech support yesterday appear to have paid off. we've been moved to a new node and suddenly performance is normal. this should eliminate outages for a little while :)

thanks Torsten for all the work you put in to keep the forums up & running.

much appreciated. :worship:

+10 :worship::worship::worship:

A possible style sheet issue: the text that appears in the right of the dark brown footer at the bottom of a thread page is the same colour as the background eg the bar right below this last reply hides « Next Oldest · Site & Forum Matters · Next Newest »

There are a couple of tell tale dots or dot points you can spot it by :)

Not a big deal, but worth noting.

Edited by auto

dont know if this is my problem but since the upgrade i cant open any attached pictures unless i'm logged on

i keep getting the error page saying i am not allowed to access this part of the forum unless logged in, i can read the posts but not open pix

does that make sense

Is the gallery functional?

I can't view or upload pics.

"squeaky wheel get the grease"

I always knew it as "squeaky wheel gets the kick" :wink:

ed

sorry, I can't replicate that for some reason. is it still doing it?

If that was to me, then yes its still doing it.

nodivez2.th.jpg

If that was to me, then yes its still doing it.

nodivez2.th.jpg

Hmm, I don't have this. In any case, there isn't suppsoed to be anything there, so you are not missing out.

A possible style sheet issue: the text that appears in the right of the dark brown footer at the bottom of a thread page is the same colour as the background eg the bar right below this last reply hides « Next Oldest · Site & Forum Matters · Next Newest »

There are a couple of tell tale dots or dot points you can spot it by :)

Not a big deal, but worth noting.

Oh dear, I remember this being a big issue when I did the original style sheet. However, I can't remember how I fixed it. I do remember it took me hours though cos that style is the same as another style. I'll see what i can do when I rebuild the style sheet.

dont know if this is my problem but since the upgrade i cant open any attached pictures unless i'm logged on

i keep getting the error page saying i am not allowed to access this part of the forum unless logged in, i can read the posts but not open pix

does that make sense

There is a new option in this version that attachments are only downloadable by members. So obviously one has to be logged in to show that one is a member. I hadn't considered using this, but kinda like the idea. It must be the default setting.

I can't view or upload pics.

I always knew it as "squeaky wheel gets the kick" :wink:

ed

depends on how loud you squeak. I tend to be quiet enough to not get booted, but loud enough to be very annoying :blush:

I did not upgrade the gallery myself, so no idea what happened there. thanks for letting me know. have passed it onto IPB tech.

Hi Torsten,

Don't know if this is part of the upgrade but I can't see my 'new' ( last few days) sent messages in 'my controls.

thanks again for all you hard work getting everything up and running. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

:)

Hi Torsten,

Don't know if this is part of the upgrade but I can't see my 'new' ( last few days) sent messages in 'my controls.

thanks again for all you hard work getting everything up and running. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

:)

sent messages are not saved by default. I have to change the setting on this IN THE CODE to make it default. I won't do that until everything is running smoothly just so there is no danger of fucking anything else up in the process.

You always have the option of saving a sent copy by ticking the box at the bottom of the message compose window.

Gallery is fixed. Let me know if there are any problems with it.

You do a great job Torsten.

I am noticing tonight that there is an unusual transparant 'pop up' over the main banner when changing pages within an existing thread that says 'site message', althugh it can't be opened or doesn't close (as it suggests). See attached screen shot....

SABsample.gif

I've also noticed (although prior to the 'crash') that I can't see members viewing a current thread. The bottom of the page looks like this....

SABsample2.gif

One more thing I am noticing that is VERY COOL is that old avatars seems to remain attached threads when someone upgrades their pic. That's excellent.

Observe evolutionNth's posts for an example.

I am noticing tonight that there is an unusual transparant 'pop up' over the main banner when changing pages within an existing thread that says 'site message', althugh it can't be opened or doesn't close (as it suggests). See attached screen shot....

mentioned above. something to do with the style sheet. I have no idea what. IPB tech was not helpful about this either. I am sure it will sort itself out once I fix the style sheets.

I've also noticed (although prior to the 'crash') that I can't see members viewing a current thread. The bottom of the page looks like this....

I switched this off a few days ago to save on CPU. Apparently it is quite CPU intensive to have this on. will switch it back on soon.

Once again thanks for your tireless dedication to sustaining this site and the irreplaceble knowledgebase that it is.

:worship:

Once again thanks for your tireless dedication to sustaining this site and the irreplaceble knowledgebase that it is.

:worship:

likewise -- thanks torsten