The Corroboree
darkhorse

HBWR and shellite

Is this stuff any good with regards to extractof the HBWR, just curious?

i believe it is but just to make sure maybe you should put it into the chem forum.

i believe it is but just to make sure maybe you should put it into the chem forum.

Yeh wrong forum.

Still a foaf i know uses shellite regularly for this.

He grinds the seeds up in an electric coffee grinder, and then soaks the resultant powder in shellite for two hours.

A paper coffee filter is setup in a mug, and the shellite/seed mixture is tipped into the filter and left to drain out.

The seed mash is then spread out near a window with a fan blowing over it softly, and left until you can no longer smell any shellite... and then left longer, just in case.

The shellite will then have a slight green tinge to it. This means it has worked.

According to his experimentation, two hours is sufficient (hasn't tried shorter periods of time yet). He's left it for up to two days, and has not noticed any difference (using home measuring equipement... he only has 0.01g scales).

He hasn't bothered then extracting the LSA from the seed mash, he just caps it as it. Works fine.

Make sure you weigh what goes into each cap - he puts 3 seeds into each cap, then takes two or three caps.

Do you know if this method avoids nausea? Maybe you can ask him.

strength per seed depends on age and storage. and i wouldnt think of eating from that tek. honestly the nasia is relativly easy to deal with and through time will become non existant. HBWR are rather bizzare, look into riveara cymbrosia (forgive my bad spelling) i hear that there is no nausia with em and nicer effects, so i hear ;)

a little wine tho is great to counteract nausia if one has no other options.

Edited by Amulte

I had a dream that I had shocking naeusea (mind that spelling ;))from 4 HbWR seeds chewed and washed down with water. Turned me off them

The Cold Water Extraction is the way to go, limited nausea and great results.

I find the amount of time they are left in the water is critical to the potency of your end product. Too short a time and potency decreases too long and potency will also decrease, long periods of time may also extract some nasties from the seed which make you feel sick (the reason for the water extraction).

Crush the seeds they are tough use a nutcracker, vice grips, mortar and pestle (bit tricky) even scissors will do. Place the crushed matter into a glass(200-300ml) fill the glass 3/4 of the way with ordinary tap water then continue to work the seeds (with the mortar) for a minute or 2. Leave them to sit for about 10min work them again, let them sit for a further 10 min fliter the solution discard the seed matter and drink the remaining greenish water. It don't taste too bad and works every time.

I wouldn't wate my time with other methods, it's simple and it works.

• Like 1

Shellite extractions of hbwr can be wasteful because the alkaloids are unstable and much is lost in the process. Also, the nauseating principle is still present after the extraction anyway.

If your motivation for doing the extraction is reducing nausea then a good method is to fast beforehand and chew each seed at 15 minute intervals - and follow each seed with a ginger tablet. stretching exercises and something to help you burp - like sips of beer - is also good. smoking small amounts of brug helps greatly, but this is only recommended if you have a good existing relationship with an individual plant.

Another alternative is to just get into the spirit of plant magic and have a good cathartic chuck :puke:

If reducing nausea isn't the motivation, please disregard and good luck with the extractions :)

Spoke to the foaf of mine...

Never had any complaints about nausea since using shellite.

No probs with potency either. He had 3 caps (9 seeds) on NYE, and really had a cool trip.

I'd think it comes down to care taken, and storage. Each to their own, I guess.

Hmmm... All very interesting. Does anyone have any viable seed they arent planning on using? p.m. me if interested in a trade/whatever :):worship: