The Corroboree

A test pic? ... Needs the test pattern on the TV screen then, *jokes.

I hope to see more of your art soon Ronny, it's been a while hey. :)

Hey Amazonian

Yes, its a nice pre production shot to set the mood for a large personal project of around 12 shots I am putting together. Stay tune :wink: .

True, I have been a sleeping bear, and will be for some time to come. I have been recovering from a large rupture in my energy after the OOC tour and subsequently am taking some much needed time out, really my first real true holiday in 9 years. It's been a good re-discovery of parts of my mind I have not had the time to activate working the 9-5 :BANGHEAD2: .

I have pulled out all stops and havw gone in to business for myself now doing photography, about time you may say but the road has be slow and hard and it is only with the a understanding of a fantastic wife I could have made this move :worship: .

I have missed all the plant heads and plant energy of the old days, but seeing people die around me that I love has given me a much stronger reflex mechanism of late, I have be withdrawn, not even going to party’s other than RSF. Substance, even alcohol i just have not been really drawn to as my mind feels like its turning a corner or at lest taking some time out. However I am getting my energy back and starting to really focus of the future. But I miss my garden a lot, as I had to give it all up when I moved, but the plants will find me again :scratchhead:.

In the last 2 week some of us EGA heads have been working on this years project (it's not a conference and do not ask me about it…) and it’s been real fun working together, so lets hope we can make room for more of that too.

Anyway, I used my camera more this week than ever before in my life, and it's been good getting paid to do something I love, finally.

I'm still a plant head at heart, one of the long term projects I'm wokring on is to photography Cloudehill gardens by moonlight.

Art, is still and always has been a big drive for me, from creating spaces to take photographs, it's something I hope to do till i die.

Plant hugs

Yes I know Ant on Acid and CS I've gone fucking soft, must be all the white bread I eat :devil: .

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 3

It was great to catch up with you recently Ronny.

The prelim pic for the project looks awesome. cant wait to see the rest.

Glad to hear the cloudehill project is still on the go, hope the books were a good read :D

Interesting to hear that alcohol and other things do not have the same lure as they used to. This has certainly happened to me as well, and lovign the clarify it brings. i can be passionate about plants and their cultural significance but it doesnt have to imply participation as well.

Not getting soft, perhaps just wiser.

Cheers, Ob.

• Like 1

some really good pics there RS

• Like 1

Hey everyone, its taken years but are some web page links to some of my work,

Creative

http://darkspaces.com.au/

Doof Pics

www.facebook.com/RonnySimulacrum

Thanks for your feedback over the years, this thread has been very encouraging and had a positive influence on my work.

• Like 3

i'm so glad this thread was bumped (first time i've seen it), some beautiful shots, thanks for sharing ronny, i especially like the shot of the emerging sub

About time Ronny! Awesome work :)

I am trying to get my head around this one Ronny, it looks like time lapse photography was used and there are stars in the sky(but I see shadows on the ground, so it's day time?!),or is that rain, or are they multiple chem' trails,?! Lol.

The garden looks inviting, like its beckoning me to walk through its arches. :)

Edited by Amazonian

Hey Amazonian, yes it is playing with your head.

It is around 5 minute exposure at night time with the moon making the shadows.

And yes the sky can be blue at night too if the weather is rights.

we all like to play in the gargen and by Moon light is even more fun.

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Looking good Ronny.

Knew that was gonna be a great spot :wink:

cant wait to see what else you do with that location :worship:

It is around 5 minute exposure at night time with the moon making the shadows.

And yes the sky can be blue at night too if the weather is rights.

Very clever . It really looks like day time hey. I did think it was going to be a night shot since the title is 'Night Garden', but it looks like a sunny day,lol.

:)

so, the sky is always blue? I have never actually thought about it until now.

In much the same way that if I wear a red shirt, in a darkened room, its stll red, despite not seeing it.

I wish my cameras could remain open long enough to do this sort of photography

They are all very nice, Ronny

Hey Obtuse, i be back shooting in the garden next week so should have some more shots soon.

and Psylo, the last shot is taken just after sundown, you do not need a long shutter times for that one, but the one above yes for sure.

Where's Iggle Piggle? Great photo, would never have guessed it's in the dark without you saying so! I love this thread, it's one of my faves

Yes, thanks Obtuse, it is taking a lot more work than i first thought it would, and there have been way more cloudy nights than i have been hoping for, but i have been pushing on.