The Corroboree
apothecary

Anyone like NIN?

Nine Inch Nails??? I got on of their CDs "The downward Spiral" Fav song on that is Closer :)

Do you lik them as well Apo??

Fuck yes dude!

Big fan.

New DVD out very shortly too. Check out the trailer on NIN.com

i used to be really into them during the 90s....

sorta don't like their recent stuff...

beats me why....

Is there any truth to the story of Trent Reznor being trepanned ?

Trepanation used to really interest me a while ago.

yeah i rate trent reznor highly,

generally all his work has been of a consistently high quality, though wasn't too impressed by with teeth.

saw NIN when they came out a couple or so years ago, reznor is very talented (think he's clasically trained) and has a vey good singing voice live. i think hurt off the downward spiral is the saddest song i've ever heard

will definitel yhave to check out the DVD when it comes out

Hi apothecary,

i like them pretty much though i only know a few of their records. Í plan to get me some more nine inch nails stuff during the next months as i´m checking out new stuff all the time. Whats their Best LP? I loved the song they did for the natural born killers soundtrack. very trippy! bye Eg

I think his strongest album is The Fragile. It's brilliant.

yep, i love em too..

Saw them live at BDO a few years ago, probably my only real 'stand out' BDO experience.

Have to agree with Morg that Trent's best work was 'the fragile'... pure genius.

Although im really diggin 'with teeth' at the moment as well.

I always wanted Trent and Maynard and Billie to get together.. although one would think so much ego and genius under the one roof might just be a bit too explosive... Anyone ever hear any of those 'tapeworm' bootlegs?

Thats a big FUCK YES.

I saw them live in sydney last august. :lol: It was awesome. EDIT: Forget to mention I was front row. Fuck yeah!

And I have The Fragile 3 disc vinyl. Never been played. :lol:

So yes, I do like them.

Edited by psykopath_juggalo

I always wanted Trent and Maynard and Billie to get together.. although one would think so much ego and genius under the one roof might just be a bit too explosive... Anyone ever hear any of those 'tapeworm' bootlegs?

I am pretty sure Trent Reznor had his fingers in the APC album "eMOTIVe"

Check the inside of the album cover.

I love Nin but rarely listen to them, unfortunetly not owning any of there cds.

This is a good reminder to go out and get some of there music.

Whats their Best LP

to me it's "further down the spiral"

used to get the house shaking with it in the late 90s (when I still used to get pissed with my drinking mate every weekend). (and blew up a couple of amps with it!)

Probably was part of the reason I got kicked out of that house.

lol gom, that sounds exactly like the type of sound which i like at the moment. As i have no other people around my house, i can give me a little acoustic warfare over the celebration days. I´ll check out their stuff this week. btw, Is the pic in your sig a drawing from H.R.Giger? It Looks like a picture from his Alien set. I really love his stuff. I just got me some blotter art from him.bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Looks like a picture from his Alien set

It sure is.

A "facehugger".

Been an "alien" fan since I saw the first movie when it was new in 1977, in Malaysia, while holidaying there.

Been a fan ever since.

What better to symbolize addiction than a facehugger.

Something that's almost impossible to get rid of (although they have found a way in movie 4 "alien resurrection").

NIN is one of my fav bands, I saw them at the 2000 bdo, I was right up the front 2m away from the stage. man was that impressive.

I was tempted to cut my OS trip short to go see them when they came down last year.

I am a massive fan, think the fragile is truly a work of art and in the all time best tunes ever. I love there old stuff to, was really one of the voices of our generation, I could always relate to NIN more than Nirvana when I was growing up. They rock live to, some of my best gigs ever. The new album is certainly still got some talent, and it is really catchy which is where it really works, but it is more radio friendly and not as technically challenging, where it really loses out.

Long live NIN

:crux:

What I love most about NIN is that despite the sometimes dark lyrics, the man can really crank some fine beatz (the z is intentional).

I always had this image of Trent Reznor wandering alone into some dark end of the ghetto, being confronted by a bunch of the homies only to win them over with his beatrical skills.

EDIT:

For example, did you know that Dr Dre worked on one of the tracks on The Fragile... 'Pilgrimage' I think.

Edited by apothecary

Dr. Dre is my favourite Producer of all times but i didnt knew that! I´ll check that track out later today.

Yeah mate big NIN fan I love the downward spiral and hurt is such a powerful song.I got my first taste from a CD off "Hot Metal" mag...yes I used to buy metal mags :lol:

I really like the late,great Johnny Cash's version too.

from wikipedia:

Reznor's reaction

In an interview with Alternative Press, Reznor admitted that when Rubin first asked if Cash could cover his song, he was "flattered" but worried that "the idea sounded a bit gimmicky." The power of Cash's cover didn't fully hit Reznor until he saw the video:

I pop the video in, and wow… Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps… Wow. I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore. … It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some words and music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. [somehow] that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning—different, but every bit as pure. [1] Reznor still occasionally refers to "Hurt" as "a song that isn't mine anymore." (Rock Sound article transcribed on the NIN Hotline)

If you like that dark goth type stuff then I guess you've heard of "Stabbing Westward" and their brilliant album called "Darkest Days"?

There is a new NIN album coming out in April, let’s hope Trent has got over being soft and radio friendly.

let’s hope Trent has got over being soft and radio friendly.

Oooooooh, them's fightin' words :wink:

Looking forward to the new live DVD which comes out very soon. The trailer on NIN.com looks exciting.

gee whiz fellas, i didn't realise you were all so "hip".

i don't mind NIN. I have a friend who will only listen to two things: NIN and David Bowie. Oh and Johnny Cash, when he is covering NIN.

good show

I also love NIN, have for years. They are one of a kind in my eyes. Trent is one of my all time favourite musicians, along with Mike Patton (Perry Farrell to a lesser extent).

E I downloaded 6 or 7 Tapeworm songs a few years ago. They were awesome - I've not heard anything else like it!