The Corroboree
BlackDragon

Damn Zlob trojan!!

Heya. Just wondering if any of you wiz bang computer guys/gals can help me please??

Just got new comp a few weeks ago...

Last week i managed to contract a crappy trojan/highjacker called "ZLOB" that infected my explorer and other bits. It redirects your browser to atotalsafety.com and offer a number of bunk spyware software...no doubt infecting more stuff... Its masked as a video codec or driver/player. I picked it up at a a pop cap style game site.

Im running Mcafee at the mo and it didnt pick it up(yes all upated). I ran Spynomore (demo version) and found all the problems, and deleted them with regedit. All was ok for a week, then i left the comp on overnight, and picked it up again(different version tho, to redirection part) even tho i didnt visit or download anything that night. My modem has been doing some weird stuff since, and just then an Autplay box opened and was running and i couldnt stop it!! WTF??!!

Its stopped after about 20 or so seconds, i mananged to kill it with task manager i think. Its there any processes that i should look out for that shouldnt be in there running? Or can someone recommend me their fav trojan killer/blocker or something?

Thanks in advance,

Bd,

Heya. Just wondering if any of you wiz bang computer guys/gals can help me please??

Just got new comp a few weeks ago...

Last week i managed to contract a crappy trojan/highjacker called "ZLOB" that infected my explorer and other bits. It redirects your browser to atotalsafety.com and offer a number of bunk spyware software...no doubt infecting more stuff... Its masked as a video codec or driver/player. I picked it up at a a pop cap style game site.

Im running Mcafee at the mo and it didnt pick it up(yes all upated). I ran Spynomore (demo version) and found all the problems, and deleted them with regedit. All was ok for a week, then i left the comp on overnight, and picked it up again(different version tho, to redirection part) even tho i didnt visit or download anything that night. My modem has been doing some weird stuff since, and just then an Autplay box opened and was running and i couldnt stop it!! WTF??!!

Its stopped after about 20 or so seconds, i mananged to kill it with task manager i think. Its there any processes that i should look out for that shouldnt be in there running? Or can someone recommend me their fav trojan killer/blocker or something?

Thanks in advance,

Bd,

get spybot search and destroy from this site

http://www.safer-networking.org/

run your spynomore and then spybot then delete all cookies and internet temp files that should sort the bugga

i usually run about 3 different cleaning programs simultaneously to make sure i find all the different versions and hidden files these bastards leave

hope it helps :)

yeah, they're persistent little fuckers. try spyware doctor and do a thorough scan.

another thing is to do a specific search for this particular spyware on n3rd forums, you're bound to find a way to manually remove it if the programs can't.

also, i recommend you switch over to firefox, beats the hell out of IE and you won't have to deal with spyware nonsense

I agree twix fuck off microsoftcock.

Symantec has an instructional on how to rid this fucker in their threat response section.

Also avoid tool-bar add-on's to your browser especially Yahoo!

I installed Australia radio chat tool-bar from firefox add-on's and constantly had this mongrel show up :wink:

Now it's gone after uninstalling.

Thanks everyone, i think its eliminated now.

Im sooo used to explorer now is firefox easy to use? Is it compatible with most ebanking and paypal etc?

Thanks everyone, i think its eliminated now.

Im sooo used to explorer now is firefox easy to use? Is it compatible with most ebanking and paypal etc?

Firefox is just a web browser, and all web pages are compatible with it, except the ones that use Javascript to check if you are using IE or not. And those sites are few and far between, and also mildy retarded.

A very useful, and free, tool for fighting trojans/hijakcers is hijackThis.