The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
woof woof woof

Interestin K A V A link

I always find those articles comforting, after all kava is my drug of choice (sitting here with a cup of some from Papua, New Guinea right now as a matter of fact). I've actually had some abdomen pains before, as well as aching joints, and that scared me quite a bit. That time I discontinued all kava intake for about 6 months, the symptoms disappeared within two weeks.

About 5 months ago I started to drink it agan. After all, as this report states, the findings are really scetchy, the comparison to Valium is striking. Diazepam is after all not considered a hepatoxin, and my three days/week average consumtion shouldn't be a problem. I didn't experience any jaundice or dark urine either, so it could have been anything. At least I thought. After about 6 weeks (thats a guess really) I started to get a mild version of the pains again. Then I bought some milk thistle, and I haven't felt anything from my abdomen since.

Actually I'm not sure this abdomen stuff wasn't in my head all the time. It first ocurred right after, or during the media hype. It really felt real though and it got me really worried. Strangely the milk thistle did wonders, but I guess if you have a imaginary illnes, the best medicine for it would be a placebo. Im not fully convinced yet, even if this whole Kava hysteria seems to be one of the biggest scams from the (school)medical industry of the century.

[This message has been edited by Idplugg (edited 22 December 2002).]