The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Recycling old cakes to an outdoors patch?

Like the title suggests :P Once the cakes are spent, they are used to innoculate a patch in your backyard. This patch should contain manure and pre-soaked straw, as per the thread at:Outdoor Cubensis Tek

Anyone tried/recommend this method?

Yeah, works great. Couldn't think of anything better to do with a spent cake. I've also used a casing in which the casing layer contamed. Just scraped off the casing layer and away she went in the manure. Outdoors kicks ass.

Yeah, works great. Couldn't think of anything better to do with a spent cake. I've also used a casing in which the casing layer contamed. Just scraped off the casing layer and away she went in the manure. Outdoors kicks ass.

might I ask what sort of temps were outdoors at the time of your outdoors patch? and does the patch re-fruit several times over the year/s?

Usually they fruit when temps are averaging daytime highs of 23-26 degrees...so here in South Island NZ thats from about late december thru late february. Gotta keep em watered. Will flush 2-4 times ish. Mine die over the winter but I guess it depends where you live and how big the beds are.

Edited by zee_werp

Usually they fruit when temps are averaging daytime highs of 23-26 degrees...so here in South Island NZ thats from about late december thru late february. Gotta keep em watered. Will flush 2-4 times ish. Mine die over the winter but I guess it depends where you live and how big the beds are.

Thanks Zeewerp - I'll be sure to give it a shot :P